This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire - Anderson Talks New SG-1

Just came across this article, not really much new but still an interesting read.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-s...6/09/14.00.sfc
    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Originally posted by elhSG1
    Just came across this article, not really much new but still an interesting read.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-s...6/09/14.00.sfc
    Thanks for the information!!!

I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible, but this article helped me get excited about the upcoming season.

Token ~

Comment

It's pretty interesting how the entire production revolves around RDA. He's an awesome character, but if AT or CJ tried to do that they'd get fired most likely. At least their writing the less shooting time into the storyline this season.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
        It's pretty interesting how the entire production revolves around RDA. He's an awesome character, but if AT or CJ tried to do that they'd get fired most likely. At least their writing the less shooting time into the storyline this season.
        It's pretty much what happened to MS, isn't it? He said, "make these changes for me" and they said, "See ya!" Of course, then they brought him back, but still... doesn't speak well for the non-RDAs of the cast.

Comment

Well, RDA is the 'star' of the show... so it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            It's pretty much what happened to MS, isn't it? He said, "make these changes for me" and they said, "See ya!" Of course, then they brought him back, but still... doesn't speak well for the non-RDAs of the cast.
            I don't think it was really the 'same', I think the executives/producers are pretty open, MS said he wanted to leave the show so he could go explore and experience other things, which he did, but they also wanted to keep the character on the show alive by MS guest starring in a few episodes, which he also did. Then yes, he did come back, but if you saw the Lowdown, it clearly states that it was MS's decision to come back, not the ptb, and it continues on about how it was difficult to find a way to bring back Daniel.

Originally posted by D.C
            RDA is also the executive producer, and the main characer (well i think now they are all main characters). But yes, either the producers and such who decide these things are really nice, or they just favor RDA, haha... I'm not so sure about AT/CJ getting fired for asking that, but i wonder about that too...
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

At least he gave props to everyone for working around his schedule. He seems honestly grateful to them for busting their butts for him.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Yeah, RDA seems cool and it's worth it, but it's just sort of interesting.

Comment

Whats so interesting D.C.?

Comment

That they let one actor pretty much schedule the entire production of probably over one hundred people.

Comment

Oh, that is pretty interesting

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                        That they let one actor pretty much schedule the entire production of probably over one hundred people.
                        As others have mentioned, he has a little more sway than a typical actor. There's the executive producer thing, and I'm not sure exactly what Gekko Film Corp does (owned by RDA & Greenburg), but I'm guessing it means share of the profits and say in the direction the show goes.
                        Fitness Buddies

Comment

Yeah, that makes sense.

Comment

I think many people are missing the point. RDA has stated many times he wanted to retire. He probably has enough money from acting/producing so it is not so surprising he wants to spend time with his child. The rest of the SG-1 operation want him. Let's face it, while the rest of the cast is great, RDA does add that little bit that pushes the show over the top. So, in order to take what they can get, the production is willing to work around his schedule. He isn't being a primadonna, he is actually doing them a favor by working at all. I, for one, say thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by extaca
                              He isn't being a primadonna, he is actually doing them a favor by working at all. I, for one, say thank you.
                              If he doesn't actually want to be involved, if he's only doing them a favor by agreeing to be on the show... where's the fun in that?

I'd rather see a cast that actually WANTS to be there, one which takes an active interest in developments and who really feel for the characters and situations. I don't want an actor who feels that he is being forced to do something when he'd rather be elsewhere.

And no, I'm not saying that that's how RDA feels, I'm just saying that generally speaking I'd rather have a happy cast than one with people to whom this is "just a job" and one that they're only doing because they feel obligated.

Comment

Working...
                              X