This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD release??

Hi, Im new to Battlestar Galactica. I live in Canada and I was wondering if there will be a North American release for Battlestar Galactica season one on DVD? Thanks!!

Originally posted by Shonaille
    Hi, Im new to Battlestar Galactica. I live in Canada and I was wondering if there will be a North American release for Battlestar Galactica season one on DVD? Thanks!!
    I've been wondering the exact same thing! There doesn't seem to be any info about, so short of importing from the UK, how's a withdrawl-crazed fan to cope?!?

Also, if anyone DOES have the UK editions, what special features and extra's are there - any commentaries, podcasts etc??

Comment

Can i suggest having a look on eBay, or mabey Amazon might have a release date!
      Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey!

Comment

tried Amazon (I keep trying frequently in the hope it's been updated). They have the miniseires and old series info, but nothing on when the new one might be released.
        Ebay is a good suggestion tho, I'll go look

ETA: E-bay has lots of Asian release versions - with Chinese on the front... unfortunately as I don't speak Chinese that won't help (it doesn't say what language they're in, just that they do have English subtitles). I think it might just be easier to import from the UK. I trust Amazon.
        Last edited by kiwigater; 10 June 2005, 08:08 PM.

Comment

TVShowsonDVD.com doesn't have a release date yet either.
          Rocky

Comment

R2 DVD Have deleted scenes as extras only. They have not put commentaries on the DVD's because they did the podcasts. Current plans are to continue doing podcasts when new episodes start in July but to not include them on the DVD's. No release date yet for the R1 DVD's.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the info! I guess that means I can import from the UK without being too worried about them coming out shortly thereafter in the US (what I'd really prefer is for them to come out in NZ, but there's not much chance of THAT ).

Comment

It seems like I read on a BSG list that it's supposed to be released on Sept. 20th.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Kat! September is entirely too far away tho! ^^ impatient!

Comment

I know. I know. Especially when the UK has it already.

If it helps, there's supposed to be a BSG marathon all day Wednesday July 6. It runs for 17 hours, which would cover the miniseries and all 13 episodes, if they play it right of course.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just won my auction for the uk one on ebay. For aussies its tops because the uk have released a dual region format. R2/4 togther! Cant wait should b awsome!
                      Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle
                        I just won my auction for the uk one on ebay. For aussies its tops because the uk have released a dual region format. R2/4 togther! Cant wait should b awsome!
                        What?! Where!?!?!? point me to it!
                        *hunts ebay*

Comment

Working...
                        X