This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episodes VII/VIII/IX?????

I am not THAT big of a Star Wars fan. but I was just wondering will these movies ever happen? I heard that George Lucas doesnt want to do them.....it would be nice for the Star Wars saga to be totally complete. Is it possible that any other filmmakers will make them instead?

They would have to buy the rights from George Lucas, but it isn't impossible.

Owen Macri

Comment

I'm sure people would gladly do them.

Getting Ford, Hamill and Fisher on board would be tough though.

I think doing IV - VI first was part of his plan, so that they could play older versions of themselves in VII - IX.

20th Century Fox is the distributor of the movies and they love making money off Star Wars.

Lucasfilm owns the rights to it though. Star Wars is the most successful indy film ever after all.

Comment

I think that they should just leave well enough alone...

Anymore and it could just ruin the whole thing...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I know he originally had 10 movies planned but making #IV The New Hope took so much energy that at that time he had thought he would stop with just 4, 5 &6.
          "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
          'Eleanor Roosevelt'
          Individuality is freedom lived.
          'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Episode VII: Last payment on Skywalker ranch
            Episode VIII: And you thought Episode VII sucked
            Episode IX: Geriatric star wars

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
              Episode VII: Last payment on Skywalker ranch
              Episode VIII: And you thought Episode VII sucked
              Episode IX: Geriatric star wars
              Hehehe. That's funny.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

If George Lucas ever decides to make more SW sequels... my cherished hope is that he employs someone else to write the screenplay.
                There are still stories that can be told but it's the tellling part that really needs work. Nothing wrong with the vision... but the execution could do with some refining.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

It would depend how much Lucas needs the money. *IF* another SW movie is made, it may not even be the originally as visioned episodes VII/VIII/IX, but something related to the TV series (if its successful or popular) or a backstory Lucas wants to explore (the recent Yoda rumor). I would doubt Lucas or his family will ever sell the franchise, but may sell the rights to *a* movie if they approve the script or has heavy influence on the movie. Of course the Lucas family will still control the toy and game market on any SW related items.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

If more movies were made it wouldn't be VII/VIII/IX (or any episode number), as that would indicate it to be part of the first 6 film's story - which is over... over.... Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over. Over.
                    Get the point?

Just cause movies can be made doesn't mean they should be made. I would prefer the TV series idea to the more movies idea.

If more movies were to be made, in the Expanded Universe there are heaps of post - Ep IV stuff which would be cool to make into a movie. I would personally like the Thrawn trilogy, cause Thrawn rules!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                      it would be nice for the Star Wars saga to be totally complete
                      *sigh* No. The Star Wars saga is already totally complete. (To quote Qtyled: "Over. Over. Over. Over. Over.")
                      The Star Wars movie saga is primarily about Anakin Skywalker. The first trilogy deals with his fall to the Dark Side, and the second trilogy shows his ultimate redemption. That's all. The movies are about Anakin. After that, you can read the continuing EU story in the books. In fact, Geoge Lucas had originally planned to have a twelve movie series. He then cut it down to nine instead, but ended up being able to finally cut out some extra stuff and condense his entire original storyline into three films. The final showdown with the Emperor, destruction of the Second Death Star, collapse of the Sith Empire, and redemption of Darth Vader were all supposed to take place in the LAST Star Wars film. And they did. And now we have all six films. One Saga. The End.
                      There's nothing left for Lucas to do more Star Wars movies about.
                      Go read the books if you want to find out what happens to everyone else.
                      Spoiler:
                      Leia marries Han Solo. They have children together. Jacen, Jania, and Anakin Solo. The Empire is essentially eliminated. The New Republic is set up. Luke marries Mara Jade. They have a child together. Ben Skywalker. The New Jedi Order is established. The Yuzzhan Vong invasion begins. Chewbacca dies heroically to save Anakin Solo. All in all, way too much to fit into another movie trilogy. And still the stories continue on....
                      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

After I saw the movie I came home and wrote a letter on my blog to Mr Lucas, I suggested the following titles for the next installments:

Star Wars:I Need More Money to Build a Bigger Pool
                        Star Wars:The Mafia Has my Child
                        Star Wars:The One Where JarJar Binks' Tonue is Cut Out and Everyone is Happy
                        Star Wars:The Nursing Home Strikes Back
                        Star Wars:The Incontinence Years
                        Star Wars:NIPPLES!

If you'd like to read the whole thing, feel free to, it's on my web page at www.nakedmedusa.com
                        I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

As far as I know, from various interviews with Lucas, he never intended to do nine movies. The story is about the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker, as far as he's concerned. But when the original trilogy was so successful, people kept asking him if he wanted to do sequels. And he said, no, he wanted to do prequels. But they wouldn't leave him alone about the sequels--what happens next to Leia, Luke, Han, Chewie, Lando, Artoo, Threepio, etc. So finally he said, ok, maybe, someday, I might have a story to tell about that. But what I really want to do are prequels. And that's how it came to pass that people expected nine movies out of him.
                          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                            I am not THAT big of a Star Wars fan. but I was just wondering will these movies ever happen? I heard that George Lucas doesnt want to do them.....it would be nice for the Star Wars saga to be totally complete. Is it possible that any other filmmakers will make them instead?
                            The Star Wars Saga is complete I II III IV V VI films, no more i say persides there going to make a T.V serries anyway

Comment

I once heard a radio interview with Hamil saying that Lucas approached him about playing on older version of Luke way down the line. He said he wouldn't be interested.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X