This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora thred Caution spoilers!

I can't wait to see this episode! Sorry if this is a repeat thread.

Spoiler:
    The Aurora has ancients on it! It's on the spoilers now! Does this mean that they are from thousands of years ago? Or did the Ship ascend? I can't wait to see this episode!
    Last edited by col_oatmeal; 28 May 2005, 03:46 PM.

Now the question is Dead or Alive - must assume dead or maybe in stasis (sp) ?
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

I WANT TO SEE IT TOO!!! That looks so good, FULL OF ANCIENTS!!!

Owen Macri

Comment

where do you think they find the ship?
        if the ship is in space we might also see the daedalus in this episode

Comment

OI I reckon it would be really cool if they were in stasis or something, since they had abandoned atlantis, and layed claim to atlantis, saying that they were the true inhabitants of it. I dont know I just think that would be really cool, and it sorta bodes well with the spoilers about sg1 season 9s aying that the ancients arnt the cool people we wanted them to be..................

Comment

Where did you hear that they aren't the cool people we wanted them to be Boz?

Comment

i think this will be excelent, im think they can have a wing of atlantis in return for their ship! joint access to the gate. seriosly this will be the best ever....i just hope they do it right, imagine mkcay and shep fuddling around with the Pj and then an ancients come in and pilots it while standing.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

as to how it comes arund, i hopes its rouge ancients that used janus's time travel tech to suspend them selves in a time bubble to aviod the wraith, now the powers run out and we find them.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

I think that they should get part of atlantis and we get help.

mkcay hiting controls saying "what the hell does this do." "even a brain the size of mine couldn't get this to work" An Ancient walks in and stars bringing up diagrams on it. Maky goes "yea well i could of done that"
                  GODS LAST MESSAGE TO HIS CREATION IS...
                  Spoiler:
                  WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

THE ANSWER TO LIFE THE THE UNIVERSE ANDEVERYTHING IS
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                    Where did you hear that they aren't the cool people we wanted them to be Boz?
                    In an interview with robert c cooper, but I forgot where, , but if I remember Ill post it on this thread.

Comment

i think adding an actual ancient to the mix would be fantastic, i think a wing of the city should be defined as pure R&D/science related, all the scientists, ancients and asgard could be asigned over there; mkcay an ancient and an asgard working on how to destroy the wraith, shouldnt take too long should it, plus we can reenlighten the ancints on how to fight, strategicly instead of runnign and defending us all that tech and knowledge to fight back! if they do this right the show could get alot lot better, im not saying an ancient and asgard to solve all the problem btw i think a great dynamic could develop if given the oppertunity.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

R u joking? Mckay as intelligent as he is wouldn't be able to keep up with an asgard and an ancient. I personally think it wuld be a bad idea to have an ancient as a recurring character unless they're ascended. Everything wuld just be too easy i like the way that they still have to explore everything, they don't no where all the ZPM's are, they don't know everything about the city and they don't know a cure for cancer. I think it'll be better if they find these things out for themselves rather then getting it all from an ancient.

Comment

exactly, wouldnt u love to have to see mckay paying catchup instead of him waiting for everyone else! and i nvr said get it all from the ancients, its will still be a challenge, they couldnt do it then they might not be able to now.for all we know the ancients may well demnd the city, its their and im sure atlantis will react alot better to an ancient than to us, were the invader. they have no idea about who we are and what our purpose is for all we know they might hate us for invading the city they called home and defiling it will our pathetic weapons; or they might praise us for beating the wraith back and lend a hand with 2 ZPMs and locations for major ancient strongholds that can be salvaged with thier help.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

maybe its a prison ship with ancients in stasis

Comment

i think adding an actual ancient to the mix would be fantastic, i think a wing of the city should be defined as pure R&D/science related, all the scientists, ancients and asgard could be asigned over there;

Can't see Ancients coming to Atlantis. What would the point in the show be then! If they were there then they could make ZPM's, Drones, Show all the true capabilities of the city & Schematics for ships etc.

With them having the most advanced piece of tech ever, Coupled with all that knowledge, Exactly where can they go from there!

The Wraith can't get through the city shields. So if the have a constant supply of ZPM's from actual Ancients then what real point is there with Atlantis continuing. If They have all the tech & knowledge then there is nothing left for them in Pegasus anymore.

The only trouble they would get from the Wraith, would be on away missions. Which if they have PJ's in Stealth they can't be detected anyway. Nor why go on away missions if you have everything & more that has originally exceeded all your expectations. Only thing that is eft is to converse with a whole load of pre-World War II clones like the Genii & Hoffans etc.

Not to mention that it's orignally the Lantians city. So why would they accept a small part of it back. They have the knowledge & the ability to take it all back if they so wished. Not to mention do you think being that they were the most advanced civ ever, that they will simply stand in the background & wait to receive orders from Weir, Asgard, McKay, Zelenka etc etc.

What will keep the show a running success is them continuing to struggle against the odds & be totally & utterly out of their depth at all times. Since the show is only in it's second year them giving them any living breathing ancients will take a large part of that away. Since they'll know almost everything anyway or can use the city's tech to solve it for them. So that boils down to NO Living Ancients in Atlantis. That would make things far too easy & I'm sure ratings would go down after a while.

McKay & Zelenka arguing over things is a human element, Both think they are right & so argue for their Pov to come out on top. What fun would it be when they have a roblem. Never mind old friend, Let's use a transporter to go over to our new R&D wing & get a real Ancient to solve it in seconds. None at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X