This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a Goa'uld covert ops?

Okay, I know that topic title sounded kind of funny, but I'm trying to be serious here... really! I'm wondering about this based on an episode I just watched, "Double Jeopardy". There is a Goa'uld seen briefly who is credited as "Ja'din" or "Goa'uld Officer" depending where you look. Her attire is VERY unique and futuristic, all in black, and not like the other Goa'uld I have seen -- however, I have not seen all the episodes, so I may be possibly missing some others here! I ask this because her specialty seemed to be information acquisition and that type of stuff. Are there others like her?
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Thus far I don't think we've seen another Goa'uld like that. Maybe a unique character? I thought she was just a scientist....
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
      Thus far I don't think we've seen another Goa'uld like that. Maybe a unique character? I thought she was just a scientist....

Thoth and the guy in home coming. Or were they the same person?
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        Wow, I completely forgot about those.....
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I think it's quite possible for the Goa'uld to have trusted Underlings assigned to snoop and check out any threat to their Masters.

"In The Line Of Duty" featured the "Ashrak", who was sent on a Special Mission to hunt and destroy Jolinar. He was an Assassin,but chances are the Ashrak group could well be classed as Goa'uld "Special Ops" members.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'd imagine so, seeing as how the Goolds aren't that trusting of each other.

An Ashrak is any group of people who carry out orders for a Goold, I think. So I guess that they could be a special ops.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              I think it's quite possible for the Goa'uld to have trusted Underlings assigned to snoop and check out any threat to their Masters.

"In The Line Of Duty" featured the "Ashrak", who was sent on a Special Mission to hunt and destroy Jolinar. He was an Assassin,but chances are the Ashrak group could well be classed as Goa'uld "Special Ops" members.
              When I saw the title of this thread the first thing I thought of was the Ashraks.

Trained killers that can also be used as spies.
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                I'd imagine so, seeing as how the Goolds aren't that trusting of each other.

An Ashrak is any group of people who carry out orders for a Goold, I think. So I guess that they could be a special ops.
                I don't think that's exactly ture. Thoth and Ja'din were Goa'uld underlings that carried out orders but they were not Ashrak. Ashrak are specifically trained to kill and to spy. They are more like field operatives, where as Thoth and Ja'din were more like scientists and (semi-)trusted underlings.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Ditto

Comment

To judge by Allegiance, Ashrak evoke the kind of awe associated with - as for example - the SAS. "There's an Ashrak on the base" is tantamount to the secondary terrorist telling his boss that one of the teenage hostages has a family photo in her bag showing her, a blandly smiling blonde mother and Jean Claude Van Damme.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Hey, that was what I thought an Ashrak was.
                      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

You forget the goauld Baal sent to Jonas' world Kelowna to snoop out the situation after the Anubis attack this season. So yes, they have spies.
                        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Not to mention the one that was in the Tok'ra host in the original Tok'ra episode. Or Tanith for that matter.

We've seen plenty of signs of Goa'uld espionage; I figure they're doing it all the time, given how little they trust one another. I'm not sure about coordinated covert ops though; all their guys seem to be James Bonding it around the place in a fairly freelance fashion. I'm not sure they'd really stretch to covert teams since each member of a cell would no doubt refuse to trust all of the others.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            No, different. Remember the last scene each of them was in...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              No, different. Remember the last scene each of them was in...
                              Remember a little thing called a sarc?
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X