This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pegasus inhabitants?

OK so the ancients seeded life in the pegasus galaxy. how come I hear people saying that the poeple there are humans. Personally if i were an ancient I would seed my own species. Not one that hasnt evolved yet.

Am I right or did I miss something?

The Ancients used to be just like us. They are essentially human, different, more evolved but human nonetheless. They seeded the planets with less evolved versions of themselves. I suppose one of the reasons they did it this way was maybe to see how each group of seedlings would evolve over time, how long it would take them to advance.
    Why study yourself as you are when you can study yourself as you used to be? Chances are they did it this way to ensure their long term survival over time in case something happened to their own society... which it did. Perhaps they realized that if they seeded themselves as they were they'd be out of balance with their environment. ie. a group of highly intelligent beings left to survive on their own without even the most basic of tech might advance too quickly and self-destruct before they got very far.
    Last edited by MarshAngel; 25 May 2005, 04:43 PM. Reason: adding

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It's not that the Ancients are more evolved than humans, they are indeed the same species. They seeded fundamental human life, which may or may not take the same evolutionary life as the Ancients did. The Ancients are humans, but have genetics that make them smarter than the modern human. Much like if you took a H. sapien baby from 300k years ago and attempted to raise it in the modern world, its brain capacity would be limited, but it could still mate with other modern day humans.

Comment

I belive that the ancients seed human life to use them as slaves.
        I am voric a powerful yet sissy system lord. Fell my never ceaseless wrath or else.......

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Voric
          I belive that the ancients seed human life to use them as slaves.
          I know, you know, and every who has ever watched Stragate knows that isn't true and you were just trying to be a smart mikta.

Comment

mikta whats that? (says in phony voice.)

Comment

Yhea you guys are right its just a thought though.
              I am voric a powerful yet sissy system lord. Fell my never ceaseless wrath or else.......

Comment

Perhaps the Ancients were few and breed slower than humans, if you want to populate a galaxy youd want them to spread quickly, and lets face it we can spread bloody quick.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

in "Frozen" fraiser said the virus (aka the pleague) works by attacking the brain and that ancient brain chemistry is different than ours.
                  the ancient they found in antarctica were able to heal humans from the virus completely but not herself. i think while the rest of the ancients were dying out and ascending the atlantients found a way to halt the virus and creating less evolved humans like us was their only way out.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                    It's not that the Ancients are more evolved than humans, they are indeed the same species. They seeded fundamental human life, which may or may not take the same evolutionary life as the Ancients did. The Ancients are humans, but have genetics that make them smarter than the modern human. Much like if you took a H. sapien baby from 300k years ago and attempted to raise it in the modern world, its brain capacity would be limited, but it could still mate with other modern day humans.
                    I agree, in theory, that the Ancients were human and that evolutionary constraints changed their offspring. However, your point about H. Sapiens was not correct. The size of our brains have not changed, therefore, a baby brought up today, would be as intelligent as we are. It is a misconception that humans today are smarter than H. Sapiens from thousands of years ago. They survived, didn't they? We're not doing such a great job today.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by blueguy w/thehand
                      mikta whats that? (says in phony voice.)
                      mikta is goa'uld for arse. you were being a smart arse, watch the episode deadmans switch from season 3
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        I agree, in theory, that the Ancients were human and that evolutionary constraints changed their offspring. However, your point about H. Sapiens was not correct. The size of our brains have not changed, therefore, a baby brought up today, would be as intelligent as we are. It is a misconception that humans today are smarter than H. Sapiens from thousands of years ago. They survived, didn't they? We're not doing such a great job today.

The brains may have been the same size, but the chemistry has indeed changed from 1000 years ago. Heck, chemistry varies, slightly, from race to race. You can't argue that humans don't look any different than they used to. For example, we are larger and more robust than the people in the early 1900s. But we are still the same species, just look slightly different.

Think of the Ancients as a completely different race of humans, with all types of skin colors, that are smarter than the modern-day humans. Such as certain breeds of dogs have different fur color within a breed.

Comment

cool ancients with natural pink hair.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                            You can't argue that humans don't look any different than they used to. For example, we are larger and more robust than the people in the early 1900s. But we are still the same species, just look slightly different.
                            those differences are due to changes in diet and a better understanding of healthcare and has nothing to do with any changes in our genetic makeup

Comment

Want to bet? Go back 1,000 years and try to find somebody with red hair. But I guess red hair has to do with diet. Same with green eye. WRONG! They are mutations buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X