PDA

View Full Version : SGA dvd box set

Unamed
May 25th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I know this has probably been asked befor but i searched and couldnt find anything.
Does anyone know when Atlantis season 1 will be released on dvd box set?

TechnoWraith
May 25th, 2005, 04:31 PM
There are actually a few older threads on this subject.

But to answer your question:

In the US and Canada, expect the Atlantis Season 1 set out by anytime after September. The SG-1 Season 9 set will also be released at about the same time.

:)

Mio
May 25th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I hope they get the glyphs right on the Atlantis box set...I mean, season 7 still uses wierd egyptian symbols....

Nah. They'll probably screw it up and use Milky Way symbols on a Pegasus gate, or get the number of glyphs wrong (36 place holders on Pegasus gates, right?)

GateWorld
May 25th, 2005, 09:49 PM
June 7 - Atlantis pilot movie ("Rising")
October - SG-1 Season Eight
November - Atlantis Season One

Unamed
May 26th, 2005, 07:57 AM
June 7 - Atlantis pilot movie ("Rising")
October - SG-1 Season Eight
November - Atlantis Season One

What do you mean "Atlantis pilot movie ("Rising")"?
And are these dvds region 1/2?

ToasterOnFire
May 26th, 2005, 08:16 AM
What do you mean "Atlantis pilot movie ("Rising")"?
And are these dvds region 1/2?
All of the DVD release dates listed by GateWorld are for region 1 DVDs (US and Canada). I think almost all the region 2 (Europe, Japan, elsewhere) DVDs volumes have been released already?

For some reason MGM is releasing the Atlantis 2-part pilot episode "Rising" on its own DVD on June 7th (*cough* make more money *cough* :D). I think the entire season one boxset is going to be released in November, but maybe individual volumes (3-4 eps a volume) are going to be released earlier?

Heard a nasty rumor that the season one boxset is NOT going to contain Rising because MGM is releasing it early. I can only hope that is completely untrue... :(

MartoufMarty
May 26th, 2005, 08:17 AM
November?? :(

That's so mean!

Unamed
May 26th, 2005, 10:56 AM
All of the DVD release dates listed by GateWorld are for region 1 DVDs (US and Canada). I think almost all the region 2 (Europe, Japan, elsewhere) DVDs volumes have been released already?

For some reason MGM is releasing the Atlantis 2-part pilot episode "Rising" on its own DVD on June 7th (*cough* make more money *cough* :D). I think the entire season one boxset is going to be released in November, but maybe individual volumes (3-4 eps a volume) are going to be released earlier?

Heard a nasty rumor that the season one boxset is NOT going to contain Rising because MGM is releasing it early. I can only hope that is completely untrue... :(
Thanks for clearing that up for me, thats what i thought it was!
About the boxset That better be untrue, i wouldnt be a boxset if it was...*******s :mad:

Mio
May 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me, thats what i thought it was!
About the boxset That better be untrue, i wouldnt be a boxset if it was...*******s :mad:

Indeed. Especially since it is already a shorter-than-average SG season.