This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the 'Alliance' E3 Trailer!

From Tok'ra tunnels to super-soldiers to a sinister new enemy ... check out the newest Stargate SG-1: The Alliance video trailer now at GateWorld! Then tell us what you think of the game's look so far.

http://www.gateworld.net/videogames/...3trailer.shtml

*Drool*

That looks fricken' sweet! Which version is that from? I'm assuming it's the PC one.

I didn't expect the characters to look so lifelike! I wonder if Teal'c growing hair forced them to redesign him?

P.S. Yay - Tok'ra!

Comment

The game looks damn cool! I hope it'll be released in France!

Comment

Wow! Now I'm really looking forward to it! I gotta have it! *looks for her OMG!THAT'S HUMONGOUS-sized drool bucket*

Yay! Sam has a ribbon device! Just what I always thought she should have in the series.
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Is it just me or does it look like this game soley focuses on combat. I only saw two closeups of Daniel and in one he was wielding a gun. It seems like this will just be one of those B- level "essense of Stargate" games. But I would have to see more of the game footage to totally pass judgement.

On the brightside the rendering engine looks good.
          Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

ooo so good. i wonder what this ancient evil is.
            come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
              ooo so good. i wonder what this ancient evil is.
              Well, seeing as the trailer features Anubis' supership and a load of Kull warriors chanting "Hail Anubis", I think the "ancient" evil might very well be Anubis, maybe.

Comment

Stargate Gaminghas a 111 MB version of this trailer up. My full review should be on that site in a few days.

As for the ancient evil, its not Anubis, although he does play a major part. The ancient evil is called the Ha'aken or something like that. I forgot the spelling. They are supposedly a race that got bottled up by the Ancients millennea ago, and just recently got unleashed by Anubis.

As for the combat aspect, from what I've seen so far and the review of the demo that IGN played, it is almost entirely centered around combat. I've been thinking about doing an RTS game mod based on the Empire at War engine by Petroglyph (the old Westwood guys). To me, this would be perfect for an RTS based Stargate game with not only ground combat, negotiations, and technology gathering, but also full space combat. Just something I'm thinking about.

Comment

I've been keeping track of this game on the official website and it looks FANTASTIC! I'm going to buy 2 copies because I imagine I will wear out the first one very quickly!
                  Great job to JoWood for creating a much-needed game!

Comment

Well... all I can say is, if Daniel's diagnosing of problems is downplayed it is because Jowood wants to bring the normal fighter gamer into the fold in this game. The dialog sounded pretty good, but I also read a E3 review that said the game was very choppy in its present form, and needed a load of work before it would be ready for release. The game looks great, hopefully the physics will be remedied soon too.

Comment

The visuals look great, even though most of that trailer doesn’t look like actually game play but rather cut scenes. (And this was probably for the PC which doesn’t help me cause I’ll probably get the Xbox version.) Just because it looks good, doesn’t necessarily mean game play will be as good. Character control, AI intelligence for both your team/enemy, and targeting system may be cruddy, though I’m hoping not. I'm not going to get very excited just yet.

Nice trailer though. Carter gets to use the hand device.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                        The visuals look great, even though most of that trailer doesn’t look like actually game play but rather cut scenes. (And this was probably for the PC which doesn’t help me cause I’ll probably get the Xbox version.) Just because it looks good, doesn’t necessarily mean game play will be as good. Character control, AI intelligence for both your team/enemy, and targeting system may be cruddy, though I’m hoping not. I'm not going to get very excited just yet.

Nice trailer though. Carter gets to use the hand device.
                        True but we can now know that the game is getting closer everyday, the part i love was Carter going throught the briefing room window lol, The Teal'c bit as good as well where he hit the jaffa over the edge

Does anyone know who the ancient evil is yet??

I can wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Those guys look like they are related to the borg queen

Comment

[QUOTE=S.G.C
                            Does anyone know who the ancient evil is yet??
                            [/QUOTE]
                            Haaken. The creatures at the end. They are an evil that was locked up and frozen by the Ancients. Anubis finds them and unlocks them.

Comment

I'm really glad they are using the actors' voices in this game, it will make it feel like we are watching an episode. I can't wait until October. This is on my birthday list for November.
                              Yeah, my career is over!

Comment

Working...
                              X