This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ephemetheus
    Since both SGA and SG-1 deal, mainly, with completly alien societies, have there been any scenes where you were able to create a truely original fighting style.
    As you probably already know, everything has been done. Everything, in one country or another. I put my own twist on things usually, but everything has been done. That said, you will see some new and interesting things in Season 2 of Atlantis and 9 of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by roguephoenix
      cool. yea, i thought you looked more like him. you looked really different in that "the siege" scene than you do at the stuntcanada.com site. how long ago was that photo taken? also, did you ever film any scenes for the xmen 2 film? on the rumors sites years ago, you were named as being gambit. they had that picture i was talking about posted. that's why when i saw it i was like, "hey it's gambit that was cut from the film (supposedly)." was any of that true?
      Correct. First, my headshot was taken about a year ago. With different hair and facial hair. Second, yes I was Gambit in X2. The scene was shot, and was about 18 seconds long, but did not make it in the movie. Many scenes were cut in that film. I think that you only saw my profile though. They will probably have Gambit in X3. I very much doubt it will be me, as I am not a box office draw.

Comment

Hi Mr. Bamford

I have another question.

Obviously you determine the workings of stunts and fightscenes, but do you have any say as to how it finally ends up on screen, with regards to editing/cutting, etc?

Thanks again
        "Magnets." - Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by bobjim
          Hi Mr. Bamford

I have another question.

Obviously you determine the workings of stunts and fightscenes, but do you have any say as to how it finally ends up on screen, with regards to editing/cutting, etc?

Thanks again
          Yes. As that is part of the stunt design process. As far as I know, all stunt coordinators don't, but they can make suggestions to the director and such. Mostly I get involved in the editing when then fight scene is very intricate and complicated. I will shoot my rehearsal footage, with stunt doubles, and edit it myself for a guide. I burn this onto a dvd and give it to the editor, as well as sit in on the editing myself sometimes. The director sees that cut, and does his version, it may stay the same. Then the producers see the cut, and do their version, and that is what you end up seeing on the television.

Comment

Mr. Bam--Thanks for answering our questions and the fight scenes are always well done. They don't look fake, if you know what I mean. I'm wondering if we'll see any good fight scenes with Carter in Season 9. I've heard Amanda Tapping likes to do many of her own stunts. Any idea if that will change now that she's a mom?

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
              Correct. First, my headshot was taken about a year ago. With different hair and facial hair. Second, yes I was Gambit in X2. The scene was shot, and was about 18 seconds long, but did not make it in the movie. Many scenes were cut in that film. I think that you only saw my profile though. They will probably have Gambit in X3. I very much doubt it will be me, as I am not a box office draw.
              yea, you look so much different. keep the current look.

as far the x-men, well, i don't think gambit will be making it in on to the next film. yea, they tend to do a lot of recasting. if he does make it into the film they'll probably look for someone 'teen' looking to go with anna paquin. did you do any stunt coordinating on that movie?

as far as the next season of atlantis, which episode are you working on now? also, when will you make another appearance on either sg-1 or atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                Mr. Bam--Thanks for answering our questions and the fight scenes are always well done. They don't look fake, if you know what I mean. I'm wondering if we'll see any good fight scenes with Carter in Season 9. I've heard Amanda Tapping likes to do many of her own stunts. Any idea if that will change now that she's a mom?
                I have not been involved in anything with Amanda as yet. I can't speak on her character. I don't even think she is a fighter, that is, a hand to hand fighter, per say.

Comment

Originally posted by roguephoenix
                  yea, you look so much different. keep the current look.

as far the x-men, well, i don't think gambit will be making it in on to the next film. yea, they tend to do a lot of recasting. if he does make it into the film they'll probably look for someone 'teen' looking to go with anna paquin. did you do any stunt coordinating on that movie?

as far as the next season of atlantis, which episode are you working on now? also, when will you make another appearance on either sg-1 or atlantis?
                  Only one question per entry. No coordinating on X-men for me. Just today I wrapped up shooting on the episode "CONVERSION", directed by Brad Turner. I have no idea regarding any more appearances of my face on the show. I hope so. You will have to ask Joe M. or Martin G.

Comment

I have not been involved in anything with Amanda as yet. I can't speak on her character. I don't even think she is a fighter, that is, a hand to hand fighter, per say.
                    Thanks for answering my question. She's had a few hand to hand scenes in past seasons, not a lot. Hope you get to work with her.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Thanks for answering my question. She's had a few hand to hand scenes in past seasons, not a lot. Hope you get to work with her.
                      I'm sure that I will. Thanx for the interest in the show!!

Comment

You look really in shape, how many many hours a day do you spend with working out, and doing your personal training, I've noticed you work a lot.
                        I'm lucky some days to find time to get an hour on the treadmill, I can't imagine how you find time

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.atlantissgc.org/saqqara

Comment

I will shoot my rehearsal footage, with stunt doubles, and edit it myself for a guide. I burn this onto a dvd and give it to the editor, as well as sit in on the editing myself sometimes. The director sees that cut, and does his version, it may stay the same. Then the producers see the cut, and do their version, and that is what you end up seeing on the television.
                          So what we saw in the conference room was your rough cut for Runner that was going to go to the editor?

Comment

Hi, Bam.

I know you're only currently around half way through the season right now.

Most of the combat will be by personal weapons like the P90. However Do you have a rough idea what'll be the main style of MA's that we'll get to see the most off this year or will it be varied.

Thanks..

Comment

I'm finding this discussion fascinating. Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Are you the one in the knight's costume in the fight with Mitchell in the first eps of Stargate?

Comment

Bam Bam told me about this board, and the first thing I want to say is that it's nice to visit a troll-free zone for once! Everyone is so polite here, it's a nice break from some other boards I could mention.

Thanks to 2BAM for putting my name out there. Rest assured that the flying armbar I did with Rainbow was almost all him. Rainbow really committed himself to making that move look cool, and didn't even care that he had only a concrete floor to land on. I walked away from work that day with a good deal of respect for Mr. Fuchs.

And don't let Bam Bam be overly modest here, folks. The guy is a virtual encyclopedia of fighting techniques--not to mention that he has a better kickboxing record than me, and I'm the damn Canadian champ! He has been an invaluable training partner whose ridiculous displays of ring skill have helped me to prepare for several of my fights. Along with my trainer Chris Franco, Bam Bam is a big reason why I keep winning.

Groundfighting is a very new thing to him, but I have never seen anyone pick up on it more quickly. Judging by the rate of his progress, he will be a legitimate threat on the ground in no time. I've always bugged him to include more grappling in his fight scenes (to which he responded by using a rolling crucifix neck crank on "Jeremiah"), and I suspect that as he amasses more knowledge in submissions, you may see more ground action in coming episodes.

I consider myself lucky to be able to work with someone so skilled, and so passionate about the business.

Comment

Working...
                                X