X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocknashee
    No problem!

BTW, since someone mentioned swords...I take it you have a little collection then, yes?

Have you ever had to design a weapon for use in a scene? I've always thought the Bat'leh from Star Trek was a pretty cool weapon...I was wondering if people like yourself who choreograph fight scenes have any say in the design of such things...
    Yes..........you are correct, I do have my own collection of bladed weapons. The Art Director and myself do get together, along with the props department, on the design of weapons from the first conceptual thoughts, to the finished, on screen product.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
      Yes..........you are correct, I do have my own collection of bladed weapons. The Art Director and myself do get together, along with the props department, on the design of weapons from the first conceptual thoughts, to the finished, on screen product.
      Very Cool

I read on your Stunts Canada Bio that you did some second unit directing for Jeremiah. Have done any directing or would you like to do any for Stargate?
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Very Cool

I read on your Stunts Canada Bio that you did some second unit directing for Jeremiah. Have done any directing or would you like to do any for Stargate?
        Yes I have, but only in the first Season of Atlantis. You may remember the fight between Teyla and Steve the Wraith in the episode entitled "Suspicion"? Mario, the director, and I shot that fight together. While he went off to shoot some other footage of explosions, and guns firing...........I finished the fight sequence up. I do enjoy second unit directing because that is where most of the action gets shot. I have no aspirations to direct main unit...........pointing the camera at people talking does not interest me.

Comment

Yes I have, but only in the first Season of Atlantis. You may remember the fight between Teyla and Steve the Wraith in the episode entitled "Suspicion"? Mario, the director, and I shot that fight together. While he went off to shoot some other footage of explosions, and guns firing...........I finished the fight sequence up. I do enjoy second unit directing because that is where most of the action gets shot. I have no aspirations to direct main unit...........pointing the camera at people talking does not interest me.
          Action is good, which is why I'm deliberating the merits of getting off my arse and out of the office into field work...not that the idea of a woman climbing up an electricity pylon and fixing a 132KV electric line is going down well with my male collegues, who seem to think it's 'man's work'... Then of course there's the obvious jealousy concerning hazard pay...

Thanks for answering my earlier question anyway...

BTW, just as a matter of interest, did you always want to do what you are doing now, or did you have other ambitions when you were younger?

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
            Action is good, which is why I'm deliberating the merits of getting off my arse and out of the office into field work...not that the idea of a woman climbing up an electricity pylon and fixing a 132KV electric line is going down well with my male collegues, who seem to think it's 'man's work'... Then of course there's the obvious jealousy concerning hazard pay...

Thanks for answering my earlier question anyway...

BTW, just as a matter of interest, did you always want to do what you are doing now, or did you have other ambitions when you were younger?
            I wanted to be a stuntman ever since I saw the "Six Million Dollar Man" when I was a small child. My father told me that it was the stuntman that jumped that high and such, so I wanted to be that. Whatever a stuntman was, I wanted to be that. Then I was about 10 years old and my uncle took me to see a Bruce Lee movie, "Enter the Dragon" at a drive-in theatre. After that, I was completely hooked on martial arts, specifically within the realm of film. I started training in martial arts when I was 12 years of age, as a Birthday present from my parents. I never stopped. Here I am now....................that's the story!

Comment

Then I was about 10 years old and my uncle took me to see a Bruce Lee movie, "Enter the Dragon" at a drive-in theatre. After that, I was completely hooked on martial arts, specifically within the realm of film. I started training in martial arts when I was 12 years of age, as a Birthday present from my parents. I never stopped. Here I am now....................that's the story!
              Did you ever watch The Green Hornet?
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                Did you ever watch The Green Hornet?
                I have only seen it on video, and little pieces here and there. It was before my time, but, of course I have. I have visited Bruce and Brandon's gravesite in Seattle. That is how much of a fan I am. I own an original cover of TV Guide, with the Green Hornet as the cover art!

Comment

I have only seen it on video, and little pieces here and there. It was before my time, but, of course I have. I have visited Bruce and Brandon's gravesite in Seattle. That is how much of a fan I am. I own an original cover of TV Guide, with the Green Hornet as the cover art!
                  Cool bananas... I'll bet it's all nicely framed...
                  Well, I'm not that old... but I was fortunate to be able to catch reruns of Green Hornet when I was a child. I was more excited to see Kato than I was about watching The Green Hornet.
                  I enjoyed Enter the Dragon but I find the other Bruce Lee stuff hard to watch these days... It's very dated.

Who are your other martial arts heroes?
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    Cool bananas... I'll bet it's all nicely framed...
                    Well, I'm not that old... but I was fortunate to be able to catch reruns of Green Hornet when I was a child. I was more excited to see Kato than I was about watching The Green Hornet.
                    I enjoyed Enter the Dragon but I find the other Bruce Lee stuff hard to watch these days... It's very dated.

Who are your other martial arts heroes?
                    Well............many. They are both in the fighting/real/sport world, and the film world as well. Jet Li, only in Fist of Legend. Jackie Chan, favorite film of his is Drunken Master 2. I consider Muhammed Ali a martial artist of sorts, and he is one of my all time favorites..........along with Bruce Lee. Tony Morelli, Mike Puckett, Dennis Crawford, Benny "The Jet", "Superfoot" Bill Wallace........................I have so many from back in the day that I would run out of room here.

Comment

HI im new i was wondering has anyone got a pic of tealc when he was in season1 with his jaffa head on?
                      if u do please leave an internet link behind

Comment

Originally posted by david1
                        HI im new i was wondering has anyone got a pic of tealc when he was in season1 with his jaffa head on?
                        if u do please leave an internet link behind
                        Wrong topic dude, but since I'm feeling nice today...try the links below...

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s1/101/1x01%5F0024.jpg
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s1/101/1x01%5F0033.jpg

*Jeez, you should see some of the random pics there are in Google Images when you put Teal'c in - a cat, a dog, a car...and for some bizarre reason pics of Joe Flanigan and Michael Shanks*

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Hey BamBam, I was just watching some older SG1 episodes and I just wanted to say Kudos on 'A Matter of Time'. Which had Jack and Colonel Cromwell suspended above the Gateroom floor and being sucked towards the Stargate. It really came off perfectly IMO.

And of course Kudos on everything else your done
                          --
                          The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

What sort of weapons are used in the gun battles that you manage to pull off so remarkably well?

Are they real weapons that fire blanks? Reproduction guns (a la Airsoft)? Do they give any recoil like their real-world counterparts?
                            sigpic
                            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Which character is a better stick fighter: Ronon Dex or Teyla Emmagan?
                              Last edited by Lord You; 22 June 2005, 09:20 PM. Reason: Answer could be harassment among co-workers - no laughing matter!

Comment

I'm wondering how you manage to get a smooth blend between the actors and the stunt men/women in scenes where both are used. In some shows it's really obvious when they are using stuntmen/women. Stargate seems to do well in this regard. In most cases you would think the actor is doing all the stunts, but I know that can't be the case for the really dangerous ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X