Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bam Bam! Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions; I know you must be busy and it's definitely appreciated. I think your work on both Stargates is fabulous; I'm looking forward to more in the coming seasons! You have to have the coolest, most fun job on set.

My question is: does it present a challenge when having to choreograph military-heavy sequences compared to say Athosian sequences? Obviously, since P-90s and 9mm's are real weapons, I suppose you don't have as much leeway as made-up Athosian weapon fights. And since you weren't in the military (at least I don't think you were...?), it has to be harder to deal with those sort of technical weapons, or am I entirely wrong?

Either way, I think both styles are fantastic and you're doing a great job! I apologize if this has already been asked; you can skip it if that's the case.

Again, great job, and you rock!

Comment

Oh man I have to say James and Paul I finally caught your part in WHite Chick...too funny. I'll have to watch it again my mom was standing behind me and kept asking which one was which ROTFLMAO

BTW my 60 year old mom thinks you're both hot LOL

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/
      http://www.atlantissgc.org/saqqara

Comment

Bambam, can you really impale someone like Shep did to the Wraith queen in the pilot?

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. Here’s my (probably stupid) one to add to the list.

When you have a scene that will use post-production visual effects (like weapons fire), do you have to coordinate with the visual effects people? Or are you able to choreograph the scene just thinking about safety and the director, photographer, lighting, actors, set....

Good luck on the season, and STAY SAFE!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
            Hey Bam Bam! Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions; I know you must be busy and it's definitely appreciated. I think your work on both Stargates is fabulous; I'm looking forward to more in the coming seasons! You have to have the coolest, most fun job on set.

My question is: does it present a challenge when having to choreograph military-heavy sequences compared to say Athosian sequences? Obviously, since P-90s and 9mm's are real weapons, I suppose you don't have as much leeway as made-up Athosian weapon fights. And since you weren't in the military (at least I don't think you were...?), it has to be harder to deal with those sort of technical weapons, or am I entirely wrong?

Either way, I think both styles are fantastic and you're doing a great job! I apologize if this has already been asked; you can skip it if that's the case.

Again, great job, and you rock!
            For dealing with military weapons, we have technical advisors from time to time, but all of the battle scenes, and people shot are my people, placed and choreographed by myself, and the director.
            Last edited by 2BAM; 30 May 2005, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
              Bambam, can you really impale someone like Shep did to the Wraith queen in the pilot?
              Strange and interesting question. The answer would be, yes, of course you could. I do not suggest that anyone try it in real life, but, yes. It would take the right weapon to do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Voronokova
                Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. Here’s my (probably stupid) one to add to the list.

When you have a scene that will use post-production visual effects (like weapons fire), do you have to coordinate with the visual effects people? Or are you able to choreograph the scene just thinking about safety and the director, photographer, lighting, actors, set....

Good luck on the season, and STAY SAFE!
                The answer is yes, the visual FX people and I work very close to each other when it comes to Wraith stunners, wires removal..............etc. I make sure that the VFX guys know where everything is in an action sequence so that our work can compliment each other.

Comment

Hi again.

I was very impressed by the weightless sequences in the Siege part 1, especially the spacesuited airlock entry and the EVA. I thought they were more realistic than most 'big screen' effects.

I understand that David Hewlett has some experience of wire work in the past, and that you've mentioned that it's an area of expertise and interest to you, but it must still be pretty harrowing and uncomfortable for the actor and technically very difficult for the stunt co-ordinator, especially with the added weight and bulk of the spacesuit, not to mention other 'trailing' equipment like the naquadah generator.

I was wondering if you could tell us a little of the planning and the actual shooting that went into those sequences?

Thanks for answering my previous question, this thread is fascinating!
                  Cassie.
                  McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
                  Grodin, "You can fix anything."
                  McKay, "Who told you that?"
                  Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Hey there and thanks again for answering all our questions!
                    I was wondering, with the changes in Ford's character we've been hearing about, what sort of stunts is he going to be doing in Season 2--anything nifty you can tell us about?
                    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Daniel: Oh! You see?
                    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

You have 26 years experience in the martial arts, and you practice Muaythai as well as some others. The question is,
                      Is the Waikru only when you "battle" or is it something you have to do at each session. I notice there are levels, do you get colored belts as in Karate for each level {Kon, Cherng ect}?

Out of Karate, Jujitsu, ChuFen Do, Kali, Musythai, Boxing and Kick Boxing which is your favorite and which do you spend more time practicing?

I read about Chu Fen Do and it talks about diet, do you follow a special diet to keep your body in such shape?

Check out an excerpt of my SG-1 book on my blog..http://saqqarasblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
                        You have 26 years experience in the martial arts, and you practice Muaythai as well as some others.
                        Twenty-six years! I'm twenty-four years old with only last month of Jujitsu under my belt. I should have started sooner... :-/

My question is: how are they keeping in shape on Atlantis? They can still run, swim, and train. However as the season progressed I'd imagine everyone would gradually get weaker from the stress and from not lifting. They'd also become more malnutrished as their diets change to a function of the available rations rather than proper balanced meals. (Wouldn't eating MREs for a year become unhealthy?) Is there an Ancient weight room or something in the city?

Comment

Yeah I read somewhere that he has 26 years with Martial Arts, that is a lot I would not want to meet him in a dark alley...for a fight

Comment

I'm trying to become a professional actor, atm, I'm stuck in amature theatreville, which is charming, but I can't do it all the time because I have to earn money. I'm trying to get as wide a skill base as possible, music, clowning, street performing, etc. I'd love to get some martial arts training under my belt. I've done a bit of staff work (my friends and I do fire twirling), but being 19 I'm a bit scared to join a martial arts school. I'm not exactly the fittest person around and while I like being laughed at when I'm trying to entertain people, it's not something I appreciate when I'm trying to learn something new. Any advice?
                            I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
                              Hi again.

I was very impressed by the weightless sequences in the Siege part 1, especially the spacesuited airlock entry and the EVA. I thought they were more realistic than most 'big screen' effects.

I understand that David Hewlett has some experience of wire work in the past, and that you've mentioned that it's an area of expertise and interest to you, but it must still be pretty harrowing and uncomfortable for the actor and technically very difficult for the stunt co-ordinator, especially with the added weight and bulk of the spacesuit, not to mention other 'trailing' equipment like the naquadah generator.

I was wondering if you could tell us a little of the planning and the actual shooting that went into those sequences?

Thanks for answering my previous question, this thread is fascinating!
                              Cassie.
                              Not all of the weightlessness was accomplished by wire-work. Much of this was done using what is called a parallelogram, on which the actor stands or lies down. This is much more comfortable than wires. The wire portion of the sequence took place inside the spacecraft, when there was three cast members floating at the same time, this includes McKay's descending into the craft, on his own, as well as some parallelogram work near the bottom by Grodin. The trailing equipment was done with a great marriage of VFX and practical wires. The rigging for all this took one day, including one day of rehearsal to test everything with stunt doubles. The actual shooting was done with just the actors, no doubles.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                                Hey there and thanks again for answering all our questions!
                                I was wondering, with the changes in Ford's character we've been hearing about, what sort of stunts is he going to be doing in Season 2--anything nifty you can tell us about?
                                Nifty, yes. Tell you about it and risk giving away the secrets, no. He has alot of action in Season 2............I will leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X