PDA

View Full Version : SciFi Wire Poll - Season 8

Brianamarie
June 8th, 2004, 05:44 AM
I went to read SciFi Wire (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire) this morning, and giggled when I saw the poll on the left.

The upcoming eighth season of Stargate SG-1, which kicks off July 9, will see many changes for our heroes. Which sounds like the most plausible to you?

O'Neill becomes a general.
Major Carter gets engaged.
Teal'c grows hair.
Daniel Jackson gets replaced by Parker Lewis.

I figured that the poll should say "least plausible", since we know 1 has happened, and 2 of them are going to happen in season 8. :D

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Yah, i don't like that poll, its... Gah, i'm not going to even comment on it.

David85
June 8th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Charter gets engaged?!?!?!

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 06:38 AM
We all know thats not going to happn... :rolleyes:

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Quite right. I very much doubt it. And I'm sure Jack would step in

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2004, 07:50 AM
I've already voiced my disgust on the Poll thread that Morjana started somewhere. :P

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 07:54 AM
I see that Shadow, but I didn't pay much attention

Jadestar9
June 8th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Charter gets engaged?!?!?!

Hey it could happen... :rolleyes:

*whispers* Sam/Jack shippyness :p :D

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 09:43 AM
You're right, it may be possible, but doubtful

*me whisper Jack/Sam ship also*

pittsburghgirl
June 8th, 2004, 09:44 AM
and we all know that Parker Lewis isn't replacing Michael Shanks

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 09:47 AM
I don't want anyone replacing MS. He was already replaced once and we all know how that worked out

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:28 AM
For me it worked out ok, but i rather have both Jonas AND Daniel on the show.

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 10:30 AM
I didn't mean it in the way you though I might have done. Jonas was great, it's just a shame the producers wanted to just abandon him. To have them both would be great, but the chances of that are slim to none

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Although i have no idea about the chanced of ther return of Jonas, but what makes you think its slim to none? We still have a half other season to look upon :) But, i can see and understand how you would say that :( No---...

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM
I still say the sun will freeze over before we ever see Jonas again in any meaningful capacity. "Meaningful" is a word which here, means, "More than just a token appearance so TPTB can pat themselves on the back for showing fans that they don't hate Jonas." :P

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 10:38 AM
It's not that I don't want Jonas to return, it's just the way that the producers threw him away that annoyed me. I think Jonas deserved a much better goodbye than just a step through the gate and waving. So we still have season eight but the chances of appearance is only one episode. Don't get me wrong, Jonas is one of the best characters and he was a great replacement for Daniel. This all links back to what I started off saying

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Yes, it does link back :) Well, if we somehow get a season 9, and Jonas does return... hey.. i'll be happy :) haha...

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 10:41 AM
I will also be happy, but a season nine doesn't seem all promising. But if it does happen, then bring back Jonas to kick some butt

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I would LOVE to see Jonas again. But then again, I don't. I love the character, I loved all the potential he sowed, but I honestly don't feel that TPTB are capable of doing any justice to the character and I wouldn't want to see him brought back just so they can maltreat him again.

My opinion.

And the "Parker Lewis" thing (to get back on topic) still pisses me off. Talk about condescending...

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I think it is 50/50 in my opinion. If the shows ratings stay strong, or even increase, and the actors other than RDA want to keep on going, i think they would do a season 9... Just maybe :)

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2004, 10:44 AM
I think it is 50/50 in my opinion. If the shows ratings stay strong, or even increase, and the actors other than RDA want to keep on going, i think they would do a season 9... Just maybe :)
Right. And I really AM the goddess Ma'at, made flesh. :P

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 10:45 AM
A season nine is possible even if RDA does leave

*Back on topic as Shadow explained*

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Right. And I really AM the goddess Ma'at, made flesh. :PIf you want to think that, SURE :) Yes back on topic, but isn't this still kind of on topic? We are talking about, well nevermind, we are talking about a season 9 :cool:

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
Right. And I really AM the goddess Ma'at, made flesh. :p

Yeah, yeah. We all know that you're a goddess!

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2004, 10:50 AM
This is about Season 8 and a poll that is stupidity personified. Two choices that count as spoilers, and two others which are there mostly to irritate people. Nice.

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:52 AM
The person who created it must be some dumb (well not dumb), but someone who wants those things to happen (again if it hasn't already), well, o well, i'm going to write an angry letter :rolleyes: But i doubt i'll write more than 'Dear Scifi'...

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Hey that sounds stupid! Going 'Dear SciFi' lol

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:59 AM
I know it did :) But they would read it if i put it into a big envelope that was like... PINK, cause usually, people think to send in... White envelopes i guess?

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 12:48 PM
A pink envelope? A good idea, people don't usually send them in

Anthro Girl
June 8th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I figured that the poll should say "least plausible", since we know 1 has happened, and 2 of them are going to happen in season 8. :D

I see two that we already know for sure, one that could happen and one that is so stupid that the person who wrote the poll must be the same person who writes the blurbs on the DVDs. :rolleyes:

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Hmm i wonder who writes those... :rolleyes:

pittsburghgirl
June 8th, 2004, 02:07 PM
me 2-i really liked the interplay and what jonas brought to the mix

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I really enjoyed the Daniel to Jonas scenes :)

morjana
June 13th, 2004, 10:02 PM
The SciFi Wire weekly poll has ended and here are the final results:

The upcoming eighth season of Stargate SG-1, which kicks off July 9,
will see many changes for our heroes. Which sounds like the most
plausible to you?

Final Results:

O'Neill becomes a general.-----------------------60%
Major Carter gets engaged.----------------------23%
Teal'c grows hair.--------------------------------9%
Daniel Jackson gets replaced by Parker Lewis.-----8%

Votes Cast: 11435