PDA

View Full Version : Feelings after Ep III (Spoilers)

JedI Master of the Gate
May 19th, 2005, 04:53 AM
Sore the first screening of Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith today, and anyway just wondering weather any one apart from me noticed the apprence of the Millennium Falcon when Anakin and Obi-Wan were taking Palpatine to the Senate.

And did any one alse feel kind of sadderned at the end of the film, I did, and not just because it's the "last" film, but its kind of disterbing seeing the Clone troopers just turn on the JedI when orded.

kharn the betrayer
May 19th, 2005, 07:23 AM
i saw the midnight showing as well

I felt so ******* bad for Obi-Wan at the end of the movie
he loved Anakin like a little brother and having to fight him was depressing(and very very cool at the same time)

Also Jar Jar was in a whole 2 scenes on top of that and didnt even SPEAK :D :D :D :D :D .

My major grip though was anything involving Boga(the big lizard thing Obi-wan rides)

they changed that a bit so much from the book.

In the book you read about why and how Obi-wan choose's Boga and he talks to Boga as well.
Also they changed what happens when the clones turned on Obi-Wan,in the book Obi-wan was on top of Boga standing still then all of a sudden Boga slings Obi Wan off her saddle and into the water as she gets blown to bits :(
,thus saving Obi-wan's life.

Nee
May 19th, 2005, 11:34 AM
was shocked when aniken went to the jedi temple and **slaughtered the little kids **

kharn the betrayer
May 19th, 2005, 11:53 AM
that was pretty messed up

but who here found the

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO line realy bad at the end

Erin
May 19th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I love the movie!!!!!!!!!!! But yes it was very disturbing. Everything about evil Anakin was very sad. From a Christian prospective, it shows what happens to those who go down a path of evil. I cried at the end when Obi-wan had to just leave Anakin there. :(

Did anyone else think Obi was wicked hot in this episode!!! haha

Nee
May 19th, 2005, 12:39 PM
well he did find out the only reason he turned to the dark side for was dead anyway and by his hand!. if i were him id feel rather screwed and killed sidious anyway.

kharn the betrayer
May 19th, 2005, 12:49 PM
well not ''by'' his hand

but it was his actions that made padme loose the will to live(what kinda of crappy ass reason is this for her to die)

dec55
May 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Ummm......I think I will wait for the DVD......at least I will get to see the extras....:lol

Sela
May 19th, 2005, 12:58 PM

but who here found the

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! :) I love the Star War Saga, and I love George Lucas, but as a director, he's a very good producer. :D

He himself said that after Star Wars he wouldn't direct any more of his movies because he didn't think he was that good at it. He should have listened to himself. LOL!

Still, I enjoyed the movie. It was comfortable and it was good to see the old friends like Yoda, Chewie and the Droids. And Obi Wan - who knew he was a hunk in his younger days?!

Sela
May 19th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Erin, check out this article on MSNBC.

It's titled: "Obi Wan Kenobi: Jedi Sex Symbol." :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7735858/

Seastallion
May 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I liked it. It confirmed my theory about C-3PO getting his memory wiped. That was the only possible explanation why he didn't remember Obi-Wan, that was reasonable. I thought it was interesting to get a glimpse of a 'younger' Grand Moff Tarkin at the end with Vader and the Emperor.

I hear there are plans to have a live-action television show that will take place between this movie, and the first original movie "A New Hope". I guess it will have to do with the building of the Rebel Alliance in the 2 decade span between the movies. If they do it right, it could be interesting. :) I'd watch it.

Erin
May 19th, 2005, 04:37 PM
He is a Jedi sexsymbol haha.

I kept thinking during the movie, a line from McKay, "He has a real flare for the dramatic." Sideous did and so did Anakin nearer the end, but i don't want to complain, because I love the movies and especially loved this one!

MedusA
May 19th, 2005, 05:12 PM

but who here found the

I found that part totally lame, I actually shuddered. I loved the movie, but hated the story ...

Jeff O'Connor
May 19th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I thought overall this was an excellent movie. I won't comment any more right now though because aside from seeing this movie, I have suffered one of the worst days of my life, sadly. Man, and figures this was the biggest tragedy out've the six, too. Heh. :S

DownFallAngel
May 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM
The two massive battles, were amazing. Just amazing. The begining was good, but the end....just breath taking.

Vetesn
May 19th, 2005, 08:35 PM
So does it live up to the "best Star Wars since The Empire Strikes Back" hype I hear?

Jeff O'Connor
May 19th, 2005, 08:38 PM
So does it live up to the "best Star Wars since The Empire Strikes Back" hype I hear?

I can't really answer that, because I liked ROTJ a bit more. ;)

TheObiJuan
May 19th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Yoda was too funny in this flick. When he hopped up on the back of Chewy I couldn't help but LOL.

The movie was fantastic and I couldn't ask for any more from Lucas.
He redeemed himself after the first few episodes. JarJar not speaking was a relief to me and my fiance. ;)

I will probably go see this movie atleast 3 more times in the theatres. :D
For some reason this movie seemed more real than the last two. The last two had too much or unbelievable CGI in them.

When what's her face was giving birth why didn't she get some drugs to help with the pain?

Also when Darth got his suit the center control panel on his chest looked a bit dated. :p

Jonas
May 19th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Love Episode III. The action was great, Obi-wan vs Anakin was everything I always wanted it to be. Yoda vs Palpatine was awesome as well. I found it so sad that Anakin ended up turning to the dark side out of concern for Padme and then he ended up causing her death. I got a little teary-eyed their when Obi-Wan gave his final speech to Anakin. "You were my brother." You feel the dissapointment and pain in him. Ewan McGregor did such a good job. Chewbacca's presence was kinda of pointless. Also I was pissed that we didnt get to see Qui-Gon. Kinda would have like to see Yoda go to Dagobah as well, perhaps with Luke since in Empire he tells R2 that "There's something familiar about this place." It answered all my questions I had but raised some new ones. LOL

I wondering if Palpatine was the "father" of Anakin. I'm also wondering if that Sith Lord who could cheat death was Palpatine's master and he killed him? I'm assuming that he was.

As for Leia remembering Padme, I think the baby Obi-Wan was holding at the end was her, but I could be mistaken. If it was her, then it would explain her "Just images really, feelings. She was very kind, beautiful, but yet sad." because she was close when Padme died and being a Jedi, it was imprinted onto Leia.

And the Death Star, we know from Episode II, that they had plans for it and Dooku took it to Sidious. He could have secretly began construction on it. To me it looked like what we saw was just the beginning of it, the frame work. Course this also begs the question: "How long does it take to make a Death Star? if Episode IV is 20 years afterwards and then we have an almost finished Death Star in Episode VI.

Sela
May 20th, 2005, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't go that far. It's the best of the prequels, but not better than the original three.

I will say that the best scence of the movie was the shot of Darth and Tarkin on the ship .

FitzFG
May 20th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I also posted this in the "Official Star Wars Episode III Thread [[Hidden Spoilers]]" so sorry to those of you who also checked that one. It seems as if I'm the minority opinion here so let the negative rep flow :D .

I'm impressed with the ability(or lack thereof) of Lucas. I went in with the lowest expectations possible so that I wouldn't be dissappointed only to find out that what I thought was the worst possible case was obviously far better than Lucas is capable of anymore. It was beyond pathetic. I'd rate it as marginally better than Attack of the Clones(but thats mainly because Jar Jar has no lines).

The dialogue, as mentioned above, was laughable. The movie was full of stupid, pointless lines and lines that Lucas tossed in to try and emphasize that this movie is really supposed to be connected to the original(I'm pretty sure that the line Palpatine says right before blasting Yoda with lightening is the exact same line he said to Luke before doing the same). And how many times do we need to hear "I have a bad feeling about this" in improper places. They always say that when they are surounded by enemies. I may be mistaken(its been a while since I saw the original trilogy) but I'm pretty sure that line is supposed to be used just before the bad guys show up...not when the "heroes" are already in a fight.

Then we have the droid issue(*shudder* ) I'll start off with the poor use of droid AI in the Separatist army. Since when do expensive, "deadly", military droids say "Ow!!!". That was also one of the smartest things I heard them say. Then we have General Grievance...big bad general Grievance . Since when does a droid cough? I understand he apparently is supposed to part biological, but still...his living parts make up less than 10% of his body, and you can't see any of it from the outside unless you look really closely. So what we have to watch is a hunched droid that coughs incessantly and WEARS A CAPE!!!!!. How much worse can it get? Oh...nevermind...this droid is supposed to specialize in killing jedi. Ok, so he can twirl those lightsabers of his well. THEY ARE JEDI!!!!. One good force push would take care of him. Or even a little rearranging of his insides with the force. Any intelligent jedi wouldn't even try dueling him. The lightsaber isn't the only weapon available to the jedi. A fact Lucas seems to forget frequently.

Then we have R2D2. It was funny to see him take out a few droids and his doing so did keep him within his impertinent character. However, this brings about the question of how R2D2 lost all his cool gadgets and fighting abilities in the 20 years before the events of the original triliogy. Also, R2D2 is used inconsistently. One minute he is flying through the air on his jet pack, and the next he is sliding down a tilted floor. Couldn't R2D2 have used his thrusters to stabilize himself from falling, or did he already run out of fuel ?

Then we have the acting(I'm wincing just thinking about it). Many reviewers gave the guy who played Palpatine stellar reviews. This must have been because he did the best acting of the cast. He was the only one who managed not to succumb to pitiful acting all the time. Don't get me wrong...Palpatine did have his moments of bad acting, but not nearly as many as the other actors. The rest of the acting was horrible. Anakin was extremely unconvincing(yes, and still whiny), Yoda was trying to be thoughtful and wise(guess what...it didn't work), and Obi-Wan smiled during the duel with Anakin when he said that he had failed in his responsibility to train Anakin. He smiled when he admitted his failure brought about the slaughter of Jedi and the rise of the sith while fighting his best friend to the death. The side characters were just as bad. (Padme's only role was to sit at home and mope...didn't really give us a feel for Portman's acting ability, but the character was horribly missused.)

I also couldn't help thinking during several fight/chase scenes, "wow...this looks like a video game." Too many of the scenes look like they were directed in such a way as to make it easier for later merchandising(video games, action figures, etc.) to connect to the movie.

There were some bright spots in the movie. The scenes picked up a little in relevance and coolness after Anakin turns(going from pathetic to semi-pathetic). Despite these few moments of hope for redemption(of the film...not Anakin), the movie as a whole was painful for a fan of the original trilogy to watch. I am officially declaring Episodes I-III as spoofs. The music video for A Hero Falls is now the official prequel to the Original Trilogy. http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii...trailer/10.html

Despite all this griping...it was worth every cent of the ticket price to hear James Earl Jones as Vader again.

May 20th, 2005, 10:10 AM
ROTS was at least on par with the original trilogy in terms of acting and dialogue. There was just the right mix of humour at the beginning that it was fun. The story was a little weaker than I'd like, particularly with the way Anakin falls, but the movie more than makes up for it in terms of sheer excitement, energy and fun. It's also quite emotional at times, but that may be because I personally identify with Anakin Skywalker in a lot of ways. The Jedi purge was hard to watch because it's such a blatant betrayal of trust that none of the Jedi even saw it coming. This was reinforced by having Obi-Wan having friendly banter with Commander Cody just before Cody tries to kill him - it's that betrayal of trust that is epitomized by Anakin's turn. The clones may look like men but they are just mindless monsters. This resonates with the impressoin of the sandpeople in AOTC, the dehumanization of Anakin's transformation into Vader, the transition from Republic to Empire. It's just that whole "Twisted and evil" aspect that Obi-Wan was speaking of in ROTJ.

This last movie added a lot of depth to scenes in the other movies. The shot of Vader's new eyes before the helmet is put on brings new meaning to Anakin wanting to see his son with his own eyes. Vader's decision to save Luke instead of serving the Emperor came out of AOTC and was made stronger in ROTS: he can't lose the people he loves and he'll do anything to keep them alive. By ROTJ, he learned that it's true love - compassion - that will save himself and those he cared about. And we see right from the beginning, Vader was always planning to destroy the Emperor. The only reason he didn't was because he thought he'd just killed his wife and he lost the motivation to rule the galaxy with someone he cared about. So he spends the next twenty years in pain, serving the Emperor with I would say very little emotion (notice in ANH Vader is not emotional at all... that's like a sort of depressed numbness, feeling like he's powerless to take control of his destiny. Even his duel with Obi-Wan in ANH wasn't terribly emotional, he just wanted a rematch to kill him). When Luke is discovered, he suddenly feels extra motivation again (Luke is family) and tries to do with Luke what he wanted to do with Padme: to rule the galaxy together. In ESB, Vader was more personally involved.

Im disappointed that Qui-Gon wasn't in it. And I've been wondering why Padme died. I can tell you that it was not because she "lost the will to live". The droid only said that because it couldn't understand why someone perfectly healthy would die like that and so responded with a pre-programmed cliche. There is no way that a droid can see into someone's soul like that and make that sort of conclusion. Perhaps that line should just be left out or changed to something more mysterious.

Overall I enjoyed the film and I'm definitely going to see it again. I'd rate it just behind A New Hope and about equal to Empire. Return of the Jedi is just behind Empire and is followed by by Attack of the Clones. Phantom Menace is my least favourite but not for the reasons that people normally say (i.e. Jar Jar).

David
May 20th, 2005, 10:41 AM
SPOILERS FOR EP III BELOW

I must say that Episode III was very "satisfying." Once again I felt like the dialogue was typed up by a handful of monkeys. How does "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" stack up against "You like me because I'm a scoundrel - there aren't enough scoundrels in your life."

Much like Michael Jackson, the problem with Lucas holding all of the cards on these films is the fact that he's armed with hundreds of Yes men, namely one Rick McCallum. No one has the testicles to get in Lucas' face and say "George, this line really, for the love of gods, needs to be changed." It's simply "Yes, George. We'll do that," knowing good and well it's going to run the film into the ground.

I'm also a HUGE John Williams fan, and I must say that, once again for this new trilogy, this film's score was mediocre or, at best, plain weak. I think he's running out of ideas. No legendary new iconic melody for the score, the likes of the "Imperial March" did for the original trilogy, to carry this film into the ranks of the classics. It just fizzles, and I find that truly sad.

Obviously the film's special effects were outstanding as we all knew they would be, but what Lucas has not learned from the producers of Stargate is that visuals don't make a filmic masterpiece - the characters do, and I simply didn't care for Anakin and Padme like I cared for Luke or Han and Leia. Lucas has been quoted in interviews that his big thing is to get people to go to the films for the "visuals." Well, that's nice, but you can't be limited to directing your actors with "Faster" and "More Intense," because you get a Jake Lloyd performance in Episode One.

The final fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan on the lake of fire was a nice choreographed ballet, but we both new Lucas could do nothing to the characters until the last moment, so it really was snoresville like I always suspected it would be. No matter how impressive it is, it's not meat and potatoes.

The scenes of Anakin with the younglings were unstomachable -- wonderful.

Did anyone see Jett Lucas on the landing platform trying to get through the soldiers to Bail Organa?

Having said these things, I think the actors did the very best with what they had this time around, and learned from the groans of the first two films. Simply learning that Luke was the first to pop out, then Leia, almost made the midnight showing worthwhile to me.

Unanswered questions and minor gripes (DANGIT!)
In Jedi, Luke asks of Leia "What do you remember of your mother? Your real mother?" to which she replied "She was very beautiful-- kind but sad." This aptly applies to a post-Anakin Padme. So why did Lucas choose to kill her?

"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough," said Ben of the lightsaber in Episode 4. Did anyone catch Anakin telling this to Ben between the screams of "I Hate You!!"? Or "Obi-Wan, if I die at some point before the end of this picture will you give this to my unborn child?" (tongue-and-cheek of course) Though to be fair, I'm very pleased Lucas went out of his way to show a couple of shots of Obi-Wan taking the saber.

Did Sifa Diyas encode Command 66 into the Strom Trooper genetic makeup, or was this something they were all told at the beginning of training to keep quiet about? They all recognized the Emperor.

Jeff O'Connor
May 20th, 2005, 11:04 AM
SPOILERS FOR EP III BELOW

Unanswered questions and minor gripes (DANGIT!)
In Jedi, Luke asks of Leia "What do you remember of your mother? Your real mother?" to which she replied "She was very beautiful-- kind but sad." This aptly applies to a post-Anakin Padme. So why did Lucas choose to kill her?

"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough," said Ben of the lightsaber in Episode 4. Did anyone catch Anakin telling this to Ben between the screams of "I Hate You!!"? Or "Obi-Wan, if I die at some point before the end of this picture will you give this to my unborn child?" (tongue-and-cheek of course) Though to be fair, I'm very pleased Lucas went out of his way to show a couple of shots of Obi-Wan taking the saber.

Did Sifa Diyas encode Command 66 into the Strom Trooper genetic makeup, or was this something they were all told at the beginning of training to keep quiet about? They all recognized the Emperor.

I'll do my best to answer these with what little I know... I understand how they're gripes and whatnot for sure.

1.) Didn't Leia say she remembered 'images, really... just... images...' in reference to her mother? That sort've goes along with how she was as a newborn. Images of her dying mother. Sad... that sort've thing. The word 'images' kind've puts me at ease about the whole situation, personally.

2.) I think Obi-Wan was probably just saying he'd have wanted his son to have it, you know? At time time in '77 it probably meant more and that other meaning, the actual 'give this to my son' fell apart and what-have-you, but I think it being a line of off-handed 'he'd have wanted you to be a great Jedi like himself, as his son' puts me to ease a tad, rather than taking it any longer as envisioning Anakin saying to Kenobi, 'give this to my son'.

3.) Yeah, you know? I don't know. Though I'd guess between Sidius and Palpatine, the man behind the curtains had more contacts and capabilities of getting from one place to the other than anyone else in the galaxy; I'd figure he orchestrated something and wouldn't question his ability to do so.

...meanwhile, my biggest question is the revelation that it's hinted Palpatine is the closest thing to a biological father Anakin Skywalker would have -- the only thing, genetically speaking. Obi-Wan would fit the role otherwise, but they were 'brothers' as was spoken poignantly (for Lucas' standards!)

I really think that adds a tremendous layer of depth and now when I watch ROTJ and you hear Luke screaming...

"Father, please! Father..!"

I almost want to add:

"Save me... from... your father!"

Weird...

GhostPoet
May 20th, 2005, 11:18 AM
EASILY the best Star Wars film in the ENTIRE saga. Incredible action, great action (I actually got misty-eyed in a few scenes). The story was fuller, more intense and just over-all better. There wasn't a single scene I didn't like. The love story was especially well done.
The transition from Anakin to Vader was very smooth.

Elwe Singollo
May 20th, 2005, 09:40 PM
One thing i didn't like, was the lengthy beginning, goodness gracious! It wasn't bad, but i guess i had a short-patience at the time...

Ouroboros
May 20th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Liked

-Ian McDiarmid as cackling old Palpy was the highlight performance for me.
-Hayden Christensen's improved acting in this episode. It still wasn't blow me away awesome but it was better.
-The opening battle. I'm not much of an FX whore but it was pretty cool.
-"If so powerful you are.... why leave?"
-Obi Wan/Anikin's much improved dynamic
-Cristensen's decidedly male and future mega badass character was only reffered to as "Annie" a handful of times in this one
-Vader helmet scene really got across how he was irrevocably changed
-Jar Jar was only in one scene and he didn't speak
-giantmegabirdgeckothing of doom!
-Wayne "Scorpius" Pygram appears next to Palpy and Vader at the very end when they're on the bridge of that ship

Didn't like

-Women dying of childbirth in a civilization who's doctors can rebuild a man into what is essentially a robot is just too stupid a premise to even attempt to swallow, sorry George, and no that "she's just lost the will to live" line didn't make it seem any less like BS. Basing pretty much the whole plot around this ridiculous notion was bad bad bad.
-Anakin's conversion to the dark side seemed way too easy. Palpy basically just said "So there was this Sith guy one time long ago that some people said brought people back from the dead and stuff, and you know like maybe you could do that to if you joined me and became a Sith yourself maybe." and Anakin said "ok sure I'll take that vague and unsubstantiated promise strait to the bank! Here just let me chop-suey Sam Jackson first.... there done."
-The Wookie battle really felt kind of pointless. It was just sort of there to spend FX money and name-drop Cewbacca.
-It looks like evil "armored" battle droids die faster in an oil fire than naked mummies would
-Yoda seemed to give up on killing Palpy way too easily. They seemed pretty evenly matched then Yoda falls and just decides to take his ball and go home??? I didn't really see why he just gave up like that, it was very sudden and odd.

As for the NOOOOOOOOO line I'm not really sure where to place it. On one hand it was cheesy as all hell but on the other hand it had me busting my sides laughing so I guess I enjoyed it, though probably not how George intended me too.

GhostPoet
May 20th, 2005, 10:46 PM
"-Women dying of childbirth in a civilization who's doctors can rebuild a man into what is essentially a robot is just too stupid a premise to even attempt to swallow, sorry George, and no that "she's just lost the will to live" line didn't make it seem any less like BS. Basing pretty much the whole plot around this ridiculous notion was bad bad bad."

Actually. It's totally believable. You do realize that there have been REAL LIFE cases of people dying from complete and utter heartache.

Ouroboros
May 21st, 2005, 02:53 AM
Actually. It's totally believable. You do realize that there have been REAL LIFE cases of people dying from complete and utter heartache.

I would really, really, really, love to see the proof for this.... really. I'll grant that continuous heartache and despair could have certain psycological consequences on a person that would eventually manifest themselves physically and thus ultimately shorten their life over the long term but I don't think there are any M.E. reports floating around out there that read "Cause of death: Broken Heart:("

The way the movie made it out it was like Padme just willed herself instantly into death upon learning Annie's fate and was able to do so despite the various sophisticated technologies and robot doctors trying their best to keep her alive.

This is the same medical tech that made things like General Grevious possible. General Greivious started out as a biological creature. I wasn't just talking about Vader here. Grevious as of the movie timeframe though was essentially what, a pair of eyes, a bad lung and a whole lot of droid parts. That means he had to not only survive all those surgeries but probably also the injuries that made them necessary and any subsequent complications after the implantation of those parts.

So the Starwars doctors can do that but they can't keep a sad little princess from dying in childbirth......

Erin
May 21st, 2005, 06:19 AM
question which is kinda a spoiler..

"i have not gone by the name of Obi-wan since oh before you were born." kenobi says to Luke in A New Hope. Wasn't he still going by the name of Obi-Wan after Luke was born? I dont' know maye Old Ben was just getting old and was thinking it was a long time ago. Yeah that's it probably!

Sue_Jackson
May 21st, 2005, 10:35 AM
((((((((((((MAJOR SPOILERS))))))))))))
I just came back from the theater! Holy hannah! What an awesome movie! I definitely gotta see it again!

What a sad and twisted story of how Anakin Skywalker evolved into an evil tyrant. It was like watching an opera without the singing. I thought the light saber duels were just awesome. I absolutely love how Yoda fights! Pretty cool!

But, the duel between Obi and Anakin-Darth Vader.....fighting over the lava....and everything. I don't even remember breathing at that moment. I mean....the whole duel was just so sad....and disturbing. I felt myself crying when Obi spoke of how devastated he was to lose Anakin to the Dark Side. And......when....Anakin-Darth was getting fried by the lava.

Oh.....but when they put that infamous black suit on Darth and put the helmet on him. That sent shivers up my spine.

I also cried when Amidala died after giving birth to Luke and Leia, and also at the funeral. Though, I loved when they showed how Luke and Leia were separated, and giving them new homes. Then, seeing the Death Star being built was pretty cool. You can definitely see the continuity into Star Wars Ep IV: The New Hope.

What an awesome ride! I gotta hand it to George Lucas. He certainly has an awesome imagination.

Oh.....and VFX were just awesome! :D And.....being the Stargate fan that I am.....I couldn't help, but think......ooooh.......more stuff for Stargate people to steal from. :D :p

:D :D :cool: :cool:

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 21st, 2005, 03:45 PM
I'll throw in my two cents: Basically, this film mostly made up for the first two in this trilogy. But there was such an odd mix of things I thought were great, and things that made me want to throw things.

Personally, I thought R2D2 kicking butt was awesome. Hearing the "Stop right there, Ow!" was hilarious. Those scenes also did a much better job of establishing the close relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan than AoC, which made the end more touching for me. Hayden did a much better job for the most part this time around. I especially loved the shot of his face when he's pushing the sabers toward Obi-Wan's throat: his eyes are absolutely blank. He did a very good job of playing the absolute despair and being lost that drove him to his path.

The one thing that got me about Anakin turning though, was he went from "What have I done?!" to "I pledge my allegiance.. etc." in under a minute. Literally. And yes, the dialogue was laughable, but Lucas wrote it, so it's to be expected. ;)

Action scenes were much better here, particularly the Obi-Wan/Anakin battle. I found the montage of the clones turning on all the Jedi very poignant. However, the whole thing with Anakin killing children seemed way over the top and bad taste to me. You could established the same reaction with him just killing adult Jedi.

But my one big gripe (and it's BIG): Padme. The character was completely destroyed, and it gave Natalie Portman, who is a fantastic actress absolutely nothing to do. In the first 2 films, Padme was a queen, a senator, a strong person that ran around, returned fire, and didn't take things lying down. Now, she sits around being pregnant, pining for her man. That's it. Her entire life is defined by "oh anakin!" Give me a break. It's been well-established that Lucas can't do dialogue, but he really can't write women for s**t.

But despite all that, I loved the much darker tone of the film. Very nice job of providing a segue into Eps 4-6. :)

Taonas
May 21st, 2005, 03:58 PM
Amazing! Absolutely amazing this movie was!

Great SFX, better acting than I thought when it was the Anakin and Padme scenes.

Pratically hysterical when Yoda walks into Emperor's office... Ah good times.

kharn the betrayer
May 21st, 2005, 04:05 PM
-Jar Jar was only in one scene and he didn't speak

if you pay close attension it was 2 scenes but yeah Jar Jar was just there for no purpous(even though i would have LOVED to see Palpatine kill him)

also i wish they handeld Anakin killing the kids better

IMO the book version was better and more tragic once you see obi-wans reaction

Arative
May 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM
I saw Episode 3 today and really enjoyed it and I am watching the orignal trilogy right now!. Of course I liked all of the new trilogy. I think a lot of people that didn't like episode 1 and 2 was because they saw StarWars as a kid, like me and they were expecting the second coming of Jesus from these movies but I know I just expected to be entertained and thats what I was!

I thought the fall of Anakin was done pretty well. Of course I would have liked to have seen more of him turning to the dark side but it showed how giving into hate, anger and fear leads to the dark side. After he turns on Mace, he basically just gave up hope, saying he would do anything the Emperor asked as long as the Emperor helped him save Padme. Killing the jedi children was a nice touch, but I actually would have prefered Lucas showing Vader slaughtering them, just to show how far Anakin would go to save the woman he loved but I guess you have keep it PG-13.

The first scene in the Vader suit was worth the entire movie, the first breath was great! I've seen other people on various message boards complaining about the Frankstein scene when Vader takes his steps but I figure, let them get thier legs chopped off and replaced by robot legs and see how well they walk right after surgery! As far as Vader screaming No after the Emperor tells him that he killed Padme, I thought that was rather poignant because everything he did, all the killing was to save Padme, she was his hope of turning back from the darkside I think. He thought she betrayed him and ultimatly thinks he killed her, so he really just gave up all hope and became Vader, until Luke finally reminded him of who and what he was, a jedi knight.

I think the scene where Palpatine was telling Anakin about the Sith that could create life, was basically saying that Palpatine created Anakin, seeing how we learned that Anakin has no father.

My only complaint about this movie, is that fact that in order to be clued in on somethings, you had to watch those cartoon Clone Wars. I personally think that the audience shouldn't have to watch something besides the movie in order to know everyhing going on. I'm sure a lot of poeple watching, have no clue who or what General Grevious is.

I also would have prefered actually seeing the clone wars on flim rather in in a cartoon. I think that Lucas could have combined film one and two, cutting out a lot of things and then made flim two, the clone wars but thats my personal opinion.

killer_tinkerbell
May 21st, 2005, 07:58 PM
I just saw it and the audience was the worst I think I've ever sat with. First someone's cell goes off then by the end A LOT of people started having conversations. It distracted me to the point of complete annoyance. Anyway I found many parts in the movie laughable like the whole scene where Palpatine changes. Many people started laughing because it was just so bad.

Padma was terribly used. She goes from a Senator of the Republic to moppy dodding wife who apparently doesn't do anything but sit at home and worry. An extreme let down for someone who is suppose to be Leia's mother. One would expect more spirit and willingness to fight not just to sit back and die because her husband turned bad (THAT was a lame excuse for her death).

IMO this movie could of been a hell of a lot better if it just had had a BETTER writer to tell the story. The elements that it had to contain in order to lead to A New Hope were great and in the hands of a capable writer it could have been 3x better then what it was. I really don't blame the actors in this one not even the guy who played Anakin. The blame squarely falls on the dialogue. Not even a great actor like Samuel J. could breath life into it.

Another thing that really bothered me was the fact that the drones that were suppose to be killers seemed to be programmed to asked questions first and shoot later where one would think it would be visa versa. I mean in the beginning of the movie I saw several places where the Jedi could of easily of been killed is the drones hadn’t of been like “hands up” for example when Anakin was hanging by his hands over the elevator shoot. This just was such a blatant inconsistency.

I should probably put something positive in here to balance it out so… The special effects were jaw dropingly good especially at the beginning with the space battle. The part were he killed the children was very dark and it really drove home the fact of him being evil now. I really wish they could of done more with it somehow. And I really liked Ewan McGregor. Well, Ewan McGregor is good anywhere in my book. :D

Over all, the elements of the story were good but the execution of them was extremely flawed. I would definitely rate this movie the best out of the three prequels but it doesn't come close to The Empire Strikes back.

Edit: Oh, I nearly forgot. Did anyone notice the wacky physics that were going on during the space battle? I mean I'll forgive fire in space because hey we need some visual indication of ships being destroyed or damaged. But the whole part where the big ship tips over was just SOOOO wrong! THERE IS NO UP OR DOWN IN SPACE! If the ship had tipped over like that and they had artificial gravity then the whole walking on the ceiling thing would of been impossible because the artificial gravity is only set relative to the ship! It makes me wish the people who did this battle could of seen Tangent to understand how space really is.

Giantevilhead
May 21st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Worst scene in the movie (http://darthno.ytmnd.com/)

Osiris-RA
May 21st, 2005, 09:19 PM
i thought this was a great flick. I got some great seats with my mom and enjoyed it thouroughly. First time I've actually bothered to see it in a theatre. Lol. Anyway, I wrote a review before ... lets see if I can find it ... here we are. Wrote it on yahoo movies... I'm lazy, gotta put my two censt in, this just saves time. :D :p

Ep 3 concludes the Star Wars trilogy. It happens to be the first one I've actually seen in the theatre and it's the only recent one that I'm most impressed with. While the older versions in my opinion had to rely on plot instead of graphics to propel the movie, the newer ones armed with high tech SFX seem a tad dry in the plot department and instead glaze your eyes over with bedazzling SFX to hypnotize you away from the fact that there's nothing going on and you could write better diologue in the shower.

The usual Star Wars politics rage, this time with a Sith Lord in the balance. *gasp* that really creepy politician turns out to be the Sith Lord! And he's out to get a new apprentice. How about that slightly doofless young Jedi Anakin? While Christensen plays the role well, he's a tad flat - as is almost everyone except McGregor who brings a jovial sort of life to the role of Master Obi Wan Kenobi. To any who watches Smallville, Anakin may resemble Tom Wellings portrayal of young Clark Kent/Superman *ducks* At least to me with his blase stares, blase diologue speech, somewhat forced reactions - and yet, he makes the movie worth it to see.

The film is a tad intense with violence, especially in the final battle between Anakin and Obi Wan when Obi Wan brings Anakin down to his grossly mutilated state. One can only cringe in disgust as Anakin's metallic hand claws despearatly at the ground and the camera shows us some nice grotesque little shots of his burned upper torso (that's all that's left) and skull, eyes rolling about in the crisp eye sockets, charred flesh still hanging from his nicel BBQ'd torso. Possibly the most depressing parts for me were when I realized that the Clone troopers are basically puppets for whomever is in charge - and unfortunatly, the Sith lord was in charge allowing for them to turn on thier allies without a bat of an eyelash. Second most depressing is when the great Darth Vader stands erect in his gallant black armour and asks after Padme, whom he had before choked practically to death in a surge of Dark Side anger.

Despite all this, I give this movie a good rating, not just because I liked the movue, but because I liked the message that Lucas sent in the directing of this film. It touches subtly and sometimes unsubtly upon currant events, certain people in certain positions of power, events, courses of action caused by one catalyst after another that cannot be changed, tyrants, flaws in the state of the nation, the true nature of Democracy and the Republic, the constant fight for control and the lies that people are constantly being fed by a power hungry government. I understand now why some commercial reviewers gave it such bad critiques based on the cheesy aspects of the movie. They didn't like that message. Every aspect of this film tells a story - not just about the Star wars universe, but about the world we live in today. If you look close enough you'll understand and seek out the symbolism in every scene and every strange action, such as Anakin killing the children or the Clone Troopers turning on everyone. It might lead you to honestly wonder, "what side of the force should I be on?"

Jarnin
May 21st, 2005, 11:36 PM
I liked the movie. I thought the over all story was fleshed out fairly well, it's just the dialog was so hammy that it makes me cringe. George is pretty good at coming up with a story arc, but he absolutely sucks at writing dialog and filling in the details.
If you think about it, Darth Vader isn't even the star of the prequels; I was much more interested by Palpatine. The entire first trilogy is about how he takes over the republic and turns it into the empire. Anakin/Vader is just the main character.

Palp was just so insidious, constantly working behind the scenes to get what he wanted, that the prequel episodes came together perfectly. He orchestrated everything, from the trade federation invading Naboo, which got him the sympathy vote to make him supreme chancellor, to the adoption of the clone army, which just happened to be there when the republic need it most, to the Jedi's supposed attempt at seizing his power, thus making the republic think he had been a victim. He's just so savy that it makes me think he is a cooler bad guy than Vader.

Anakin/Vader was an emotional wreak in the prequels, which is nothing like how he was protrayed in the original trilogy. In episode 4-6 he's an unemotional killing machine. Personally, I would have rather he had been more like his original self, instead of being the whiny brat he was. And the whole "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" bit actually made me cringe.

The sad thing is, up until that line, I thought of Vader as the coolest bad guy ever. I mean, I friggin cried when Vader died in Return of the Jedi because I knew they could never bring him back. Then, when the prequels came out, he turns out to be this whiny brat that constantly complains that life isn't fair. Duh!

That's why Palpatine is my new favorite bad guy. He's bad to the bone. There isn't a decent atom in his wrinkled body. He's so smart that all the nobel jedi around him haven't got a clue who he is, or what he's up to until it's too late.

In short, Palpatine kicks ass. Vader is just a wimpy kid in a cool suit.

TheObiJuan
May 21st, 2005, 11:52 PM
Vader as a tiny, whiny teenager kinda sucks. I wish there would be some film after this that exlplores vader's development and the twins' aswell.

Erin
May 22nd, 2005, 01:46 AM
I just realy like that Anakin is a whiny teenager brat and jerk haha. Because it's so true to life. Some young people just really are that way and if they don't shape up then they'll turn into their own version of Darth Vader. I got the feeling maybe that's what they were trying to protray. That doing wrong leads to becoming an evil suffering bad guy who has so much pain no one can heal until of course Luke comes along and saves him from the darkside.

May 22nd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Anakin/Vader was an emotional wreak in the prequels, which is nothing like how he was protrayed in the original trilogy. In episode 4-6 he's an unemotional killing machine. Personally, I would have rather he had been more like his original self, instead of being the whiny brat he was. And the whole "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" bit actually made me cringe.

You do realize that the "Noooooooooooooooo" is the last time he actually showed any emotion. It was because of that moment that he became an unemotional killing machine. Once he thinks that he killed Padme, he gets very angry, but his depression makes him seem completely unemotional. I think if you've ever been depressed, angry, hopeless and guilty at the same time, you'd know what Vader was feeling during the original trilogy. That's why I understand his feelings.

GatetheWay
May 22nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah, we can understand his feelings but how those feeling were expressed was poorly handled. They could of showed his depression in a much more convincing way that wasn't so laughbly cliche (hey that rimed). There was as much emotion in that scene as a rock. It could of been done a lot better.

Vyse
May 22nd, 2005, 11:30 AM
I also went to the midnight show, and it was a lot of fun. My theatre was showing at on 6 screens at midnight! Obi-Wan was awesome in the movie, a true Jedi. The battles were great as was the ending. The only real down side was some of the dialogue, Lucas simply can't write a good love scene I mean lines like:

Anakin:"You're so beautiful"
Padme:"That's because I'm in love with you"
Anakin:"No, it's because I'm in love with you"

I mean come on! I have nothing against the love sub-plot, but it's so terribly written! What happened to lines like these:

Leia" I love you"
Han "I know"

Those were good lines! The other thing I didn't like was how Lucas made Padme's character weaker, I mean the only thing she really did was stay in her apartment and cry. In the book she was much more active in the story. At least the Peteition of the two-thousand scene should be on the DVD.
Overall this is my third favorite Star Wars movie.
1.) The Empire Strikes Back
2.) A New Hope
3.) Revenge of the Sith
4.) Return of the Jedi
5.) Attack of the Clones
6.) The Phantom Menace

Vyse
May 22nd, 2005, 11:44 AM
You do realize that the "Noooooooooooooooo" is the last time he actually showed any emotion. It was because of that moment that he became an unemotional killing machine. Once he thinks that he killed Padme, he gets very angry, but his depression makes him seem completely unemotional. I think if you've ever been depressed, angry, hopeless and guilty at the same time, you'd know what Vader was feeling during the original trilogy. That's why I understand his feelings.

Exactly! That was Palpatine's plan from the beginning. He tells Anakin that he can save Padme by turning to the dark side, and once he is turned he tells him she is dead and that he killed her. After Vader screams Nooooooo, you see Palaptine smiling, thinking that he has complete control over Vader now.

Flyboy
May 22nd, 2005, 01:34 PM
That film was utterly kick ass I LOVED it! I too saw the Falcon! Guess it must have had Lando on board? Yoda was awesome in this and I really felt close to the story, the ending ruled and oh man! I loved this film! Just saw it today if you hadnt guessed. I think it's cool how love took Vader to the dark side and love brought him back.

Erin
May 22nd, 2005, 02:56 PM

I mean come on! I have nothing against the love sub-plot, but it's so terribly written! What happened to lines like these:

Leia" I love you"
Han "I know"

Those were good lines!

Harrison Ford made that line up.

Sela
May 22nd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Vader as a tiny, whiny teenager kinda sucks. I wish there would be some film after this that exlplores vader's development and the twins' aswell.
I have to agree with you. Although I loved watching the suit go on and hearing the first breath, and the shot of him walking to the bridge of the ship ala the original Star Wars was very, very nice, I hate the face that every time I see Darth now, I think of the whiny teenager with the outsider complex. Who can be scared of that?

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 22nd, 2005, 04:23 PM
No wonder it actually sounded good. :D

Jeff O'Connor
May 22nd, 2005, 04:24 PM

Yep. I watched the A&E Documentary, "An Empire of Dreams" again the other night -- it was on after a couple of years of not being shown because of the third movie's impending debut.

They tried to get it countless times and Harrison just didn't feel it, and so Lucas said 'well... okay, then do what you feel, whatever comes to you, do it' and he did, and it worked so damned well.

Sela
May 22nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
The only real down side was some of the dialogue, Lucas simply can't write a good love scene I mean lines like:

Leia" I love you"
Han "I know"

The difference in the dialog is that George wrote the first example and Lawrence Kasdan wrote the second. The main problem with the last three films (the prequel) is twofold:

1. George had the money & and the power to do everything he wanted to do with out any pressure on him from the studio PTB.

2. George never learned the lesson that just because you can do everything, it doesn't mean you should do everything.

As much as he hated someone on the outside controlling his vision (and in all fairness, I would too) I can now understand why George would need someone to do so. Star Wars, Empire and Jedi were much better pictures than the prequels because there was an objective eye looking at them. That's the one thing George couldn't - or wouldn't buy.

Seastallion
May 22nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
Actually, Jar-Jar Binks was in the movie TWICE. Once near the beginning on Coruscant, greeting Palpatine's return... and again at the end on Naboo, during Padme's funeral. I only watched it once so far, but when I watch again, I'll look specifically to make sure. :) But, No... he never said a word. :p

David
May 22nd, 2005, 06:15 PM
I think I'm confident more than ever now that there's going to be a 7, 8 and 9. Once the "Man, this thing is consuming my life!" wears off, and it should be by now, he's going to realize how much it has brought to his life. TV show or no TV show, there is CONSIDERABLE MONEY to be made on a third trilogy that follows Anakin, Jacen and Jaina Solo. It's like finding a gold mine during the Great Depression and chuckling to one's self before walking on. There is an audience throwing fists full of green in corporate folks' faces. Eventually he will get an offer, and I imagine it'll be sooner rather than later.

FitzFG
May 22nd, 2005, 06:49 PM
I think I'm confident more than ever now that there's going to be a 7, 8 and 9. Once the "Man, this thing is consuming my life!" wears off, and it should be by now, he's going to realize how much it has brought to his life. TV show or no TV show, there is CONSIDERABLE MONEY to be made on a third trilogy that follows Anakin, Jacen and Jaina Solo. It's like finding a gold mine during the Great Depression and chuckling to one's self before walking on. There is an audience throwing fists full of green in corporate folks' faces. Eventually he will get an offer, and I imagine it'll be sooner rather than later.

I'm pretty sure 7, 8, and 9 follow the story of the Emperor being "reborn" and turning Luke to the dark side. It is supposed to end with Luke being saved by Leia in much the same way he saved Anakin. Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin would have no role since they were born years after those events and are just inventions of the Expanded Universe novels, not concepts thought of by Lucas himself. The last trilogy probably won't be done for a few reasons. Lucas has specifically stated that he won't do any more Star Wars movies. The plot is pretty lame in that its basically a rehash of Anakin's turn and later redemption from the earlier movies. They would also have to find actors that could convincingly play legendary characters such as Luke, Han, and Leia. I don't think that is possible. It would just detract from any movie to see another actor play any of those characters and have the thought always in the back of your head that "those aren't the real Luke, Han, and Leia, this must be an imitation "Star Wars" movie".

Edit: I just spent a little while searching the internet. I couldn't confirm the plot for episodes 7-9 and the emperor reborn plot appears to have come from one of the star wars comic book series. I had read EU books that constantly referred to those events but none of the books was actually about it. The apparent lack novels on the story itself and the rumors that I had heard made me think that episodes 7-9 were about the emperor reborn. Sorry for any mistake there, but the statements about the Solo kids, Lucas's intentions, and the problem of finding actors stand.

TheObiJuan
May 22nd, 2005, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't mind a Starwars Episode 3.5 that would address the development of Darth and the twins.
Then the last trilogy, the 7-9 movies.

Jeff O'Connor
May 22nd, 2005, 09:15 PM
3.5 would be fun, wouldn't it? But in regards to 7, 8 and 9, if they were revolving around Jacen, Jaina and Anakin then I'd assume that so long as Mark, Harrison and Carrie were willing to play roles, albeit smaller, they'd do fine with their ages as they are -- it'd have to be a good twenty-odd years after ROTJ, that's all.

Jarnin
May 22nd, 2005, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind a Starwars Episode 3.5 that would address the development of Darth and the twins.
Then the last trilogy, the 7-9 movies.
I have a feeling the rumored live action television series is going to cover what happens between episode 3 and 4. That would allow them to cast new characters without having to explain why none of the original trilogy characters aren't in it, or at least none of the original actors.

I would really like to see episodes 7-9 made, I just don't want George writing the scripts.

I know alot of people would like to see Timothy Zahn's trilogy made into movies, but the original actors are far too old to protray the characters they played, at least in the timeline established in those books.
I'd rather not see them bringing Palpatine back to life. I know that was in the expanded universe and all, it's just smacks of a lack of imagination. Surely someone out there can invent a new Sith lord that is as menacing as Palp was.

Something that has been bugging me is the prophecy they've been talking about throughout the prequels. Anakin is the chosen one, and he was supposed to bring balance to the force. And it turned out that he did bring balance; by destroying all the Jedi except Yoda and Kenobi. That left two Sith (Vader and Palpatine), and two Jedi (Ben and Yoda, and later Luke and Yoda).
When Vader, Palpatine and Yoda died, Luke was the last Jedi, and there were no Sith, which threw the balance off again. I think it'd be interesting to see the new Sith Lord coming from Leia, or more accurately, from Leia and Han.

Amun
May 23rd, 2005, 02:17 AM
I was a little disappointed by Revenge Of The Sith. I also thought that Anakin's fall was far too easy and how can someone lose the will to live? Okay maybe think I can't be bothered to go on, I'm going to end it all. But to actually die for no reason. That's just stupid. I'm going to think maybe the Emperor killed her somehow?

I do wonder about the story where a sith could bring someone back to life was the Emperor's master as he smiled when he said he was killed by his apprentice.

I was totally shocked when Darth Vader killed those Jedi Kids. And I did get a little emotional around some scenes.

I will leave my final verdict until I see Revenge Of The Sith on DVD, I wonder what extra's it will have?

Here are my favs:

6. Revenge of The Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
4. New Hope
3. Return of The Jedi
2. Attack of the Clones
1. Empire Strikes back.

This could change if I like Revenge of the Sith on DVD. As for Eps 7 - 9 I would only be happy if another writter wrote the scripts. Maybe GL could pass the torch onto one of his friends. I think the tv show will feature around Bobba Fett (sorry spelling?) the bounty hunter. I hope this isn't so because it wouldn't work.

Seastallion
May 23rd, 2005, 03:47 AM
I've heard that they are definitely NOT going to be doing episodes 7, 8, and 9. Instead, they are going to do a live-action TV series dealing with the years between the RotS, and A New Hope. It will probably deal with the building up of the Rebel Alliance, and what they had to go through up until Luke Skywalker joined their ranks. It was never explicitly stated that all the Jedi were killed, in fact it was rather hinted that there WERE other Jedi still alive for Kenobi and Yoda to go through all the trouble of altering the beacon at the Jedi Temple. I think the idea is that the few Jedi that are left will have gone into hiding, or at the least keep a seriously low profile. So there is the off-chance that some Jedi could be in a new TV series. That could be cool. :)

Also, back to the movie question... if they did do the last 3 episodes it could potentially mess up a lot of things in the Expanded StarWars Universe novels. There are those who would say that the Novels aren't canon, and normally I'd agree. However the StarWars novels have created a life of their own, and the ability for all the various writers to maintain some continuity have been remarkable. There have been a few chinks here and there, but overall they've done well. There are many who feel that the novelizations after the movies are far better than the movies themselves, and if more movies were made it could interfere with established EU mythologies. That is, unless Lucas (who is well aware of the novels) intentionally allowed the novels to have some say in how new movies would play out.

In any case, I imagine Lucas is probably tired of SW right now. He did it as a small project to prove what FX could be done, and ended up with a multi-million dollar behemoth that has largely consumed his life. I suppose he might see it as a mixed blessing. It allowed him to do his 'artsy' stuff and have control over his own 'destiny', but it also kept him stuck to this one big project that he never planned to get so huge. On the other hand, those of us who have no real money to speak of would say, "Aw, quite your whining... your rich and successful; what more do you want??" I think I've heard his next project besides the TV thing, is to convert all the SW movies to 3-D. If done right, that could be interesting... :p

Seastallion
May 23rd, 2005, 03:51 AM
Others have made their little list of favorites... so I'd thought I'd add my 2 cents. :p

1.) Return of the Jedi
2.) Revenge of the Sith
3.) The Empire Strikes Back
4.) Attack of the Clones
5.) A New Hope
6.) The Phantom Menace

Hmmm... anyone notice a pattern...?? :confused: :p

Flyboy
May 23rd, 2005, 08:34 AM
lol yep ;)

I'm not sure as to my favourites, but I think it's as follows:

1) A new hope
2) Revenge of the Sith
3) Empire Strikes Back
4) Attack of the Clones
5) Return of the Jedi
6) Phantom Menace

Sela
May 23rd, 2005, 08:42 AM
Check out this interesting Star Wars character map on MSNBC. Very interesting and very accurate.

http://msnbc.com/modules/starwars/map/

Giantevilhead
May 23rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
I was wondering. In episode 2, Anakin felt that his mother was in danger through the force or something and her mother was like a thousand lightyears away but in episode 3 Anakin couldn't even feel that Padme was pregnant with twins even though he was right next to her. What's up with that?

aeromathlete
May 23rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Well, maybe he inherited the mitichlorians (don't know how to spell) from his mother and only people with the Force can sense others with the Force. If Padme's not a carrier, then it would be natural...though the twins would be. Or maybe you have to reach a certain level of development or consciousness before you can be placed "on the radar" so fetuses are exempt. Who knows? :P

Freyrs
May 23rd, 2005, 03:45 PM
Anakin couldn't even feel that Padme was pregnant with twins even though he was right next to her. What's up with that?
Probally because the babies aren't fully developed and have very little impact on the force simply because they don't influence the midi-chlorians as much as a developed force adept.

Commander Dan
May 23rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
Saw the film last night. I found the movie mildly entertaining, and it was certainly visually stunning. However, after leaving the theater, my determination and interest in acquiring and maintaining the Original Non-SE Trilogy seems to have strengthened that much more.

Supreme Thor
May 23rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
To tell you the blunt truth, I thought it was the best movie ever. Better than almost all six (sorry, but I think Return of the Jedi's still got me) and better than anything I've seen previously. I guess the only thing that tweaked it to my bad side just a tiny bit was the obivous factors and what was going to happen. Lucas could have at least twisted it a bit more, but I guess it's what had to happen, right?

Osiris-RA
May 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Contrary to a few feeling about Anakin's annoyingness, I don't think Darth's previously having been a pesky, annoying, whiny teenager doesn't make much impact on his coolness as Darth Vader. The mere fact that he became that way after his mother died just adds more to his character. It explains why he forever had such a thorn in his butt about something with all that stomping around and force choking people. :rolleyes: Yet, cool stomping around and force choking people. :D Anakin was a troubled young man. All he wanted was to protect the people he loved and in the end it backfired on him - which is quite depressing when you think about it. Imagine if someone you loved died and you didn't want it to happen again so you got sucked naivly into a promise by some bad guy that to give life one had to harness an evil power. You have to be kinda naive and ditzy to actually fall for that after all. I think one is probably entitled to whine that you don't want it to happen again and you wish things were different yadda yadda. I felt even more sorry for Darth in the end because it's like, for all his trouble and all his pain, he comes to this. Trapped in a, granted. sweet looking suit, but nonetheless trapped. (plus he has no legs, no arms, gad, what was it all FOR??) Being maniuplated by the evil Counselour Palpatine in the belief that he was going to be able to save everyone he loved with the power of evil. So, I like Darth even more now because I know that even through all that, he had started out with good intentions - even though he wasn't too bright about it. And I'm comforted a little by the fact that in the end, at least he did ask forgivness and turn back - even though it was too late, but still, he got to be there to see his son with Obi Wan and the gremlin - I mean Yoda.:D So, tragedy ended in a bittersweet happy ending. I say that the life after is more important than the life here because this on earth is all the test. It's the afterlife that's important and everlasting. Hey, the Force aka God redeemed him and he got to be in a good place. Bravo for Darth.

Madeleine
May 23rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
I thought Anakin was much better in this film than in his Kevin phase in AotC. It was a jolly good film, if crowded and bitty. Obi Wan was super.

My only big nitpick is that the join between the Anakin bits and the Vader bits was too messy. I saw how he went from being a loyal Jedi to unwittingly causing Windu's death and "What have I done?"... and I saw how he got from being Sidious' apprentice to fighting Padme and Obi Wan and becoming the black-suited baddie. But I didn't see how "what have I done?" led to "I pledge myself to you Lord Sidious".

Giantevilhead
May 23rd, 2005, 10:20 PM
I bet that when they filmed the "Noooo" (http://darthno.ytmnd.com/) scene, James Earl Jones asked George Lucas: "You want me to say what?"

It was stupid how Padme died because she "lost her will to live" while she was next to her two NEWBORN INFANTS.

Benj
May 24th, 2005, 05:49 AM
I personally believe it was an awsome film, right up there with the original trilogy. It was going to take a lot to impress me as i saw 'a new hope' when i was 6 and have loved Star Wars with a passion ever since. The opening space battle out does the one in ROTJ and the executing of order 66 was superbly crafted and filmed and i'm not afraid to admit had a real emotional punch as did seeing Darth Vader, Palpatine and what is i assume a young Grand Moff Tarkin on the bridge at the end. The ending was marvellous with luke, his aunt and uncle looking at the sunset on Tatooine with we as the audience knowing that there is hope in the future. anyhow some bits were a tad silly including the Noooooooooo scene and tid bits of CGI looking unfinished but hopefully it will be tidied up for the DVD as in AOTC. Anyhow bloody marvelous Lucas!

Madeleine
May 24th, 2005, 07:03 AM
I bet that when they filmed the "Noooo" (http://darthno.ytmnd.com/) scene, James Earl Jones asked George Lucas: "You want me to say what?"

It was stupid how Padme died because she "lost her will to live" while she was next to her two NEWBORN INFANTS.

Yep, that got to me too. Didn't make sense. Also, didn't Leia say on Endor that she remembered her mother as very beautiful and very sad?

I think it would have benefited from an appearance by Qui Gon at the end, too.

Blue Banrigh
May 24th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Well I went into the theatre not expecting much, but it wasn't as painful as I'd expected it to be. There were definately some cringeworthy moments, the balcony-love is blind scene and the breaking my heart scene.

Like people mentioned before the Padme character was completely destroyed. Not just the staying at home pining for the husband, but when she found out what he did for her she should have kicked his ass or at least rebuked him. Still some good in him? This is the second time he has slaughtered children, this is not a many worthy to die of a broken heart from. Man I felt like slapping her, show some spine woman! Lucas cannot write women.

The best bit was definately the slaughter at the Jedi Temple and Obi-Wan. The music really sold it and I love the darkness of it. That sold his turning to the dark side more than his pledge to Palpatine.

As for the final fight between Obi-wan and Anakin, Kenobi really should have used his lightsaber to push Anakin into the river of lava. As a brother he should have at least offered him a merciful death. But that's neither here nor there.

As always the cities and planets were beautiful, Corusant at night, Naboo and Aldeeran.

I agree that George Lucas needs someone objective with a spine who can say no to him.

And gorram it, there was no Serenity trailer.

I think I have babbled enough on ROTS.

Ugly Pig
May 24th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Well, I've seen the film twice now and I dig it. This was a good Star Wars film, period. I'm not going to argue with any prequel haters on this one... it is non-debatable. Some people are just never going to be satisfied. Some people don't want to be (Bashing George Lucas is cool, didn't ya know?). I don't care. This movie did what it was supposed to do, and it did well. I hear people talking about "plot holes", but I don't see them ("How can Leia remember her mother in ROTJ?!??" Gahh... Read between the lines! If you'd seen ROTS before ROTJ you probably wouldn't even give this a second thought!). The dialogue was mostly good (certainly nowhere near the horrid love scenes of AOTC) as was the acting (Most improved: Natalie Portman).

Also, I must disagree with David on the score: Williams did an excellent job. The 'Battle of the Heroes' theme is wonderfully tragic and dramatic, and underlines very well how the great duel is not just another cool action sequence, but a deeply tragic dramatic development.

I think it would have benefited from an appearance by Qui Gon at the end, too.That scene exists in the script. Wonder why it didn't make it to the finished film? Maybe on the DVD...?

Vyse
May 24th, 2005, 02:30 PM

I know that, my point is that when Kershner was working on that scene he wouldn't leave it until it was good. Lucas doesn't seem to have that same level of dedication anymore.

Vyse
May 24th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Yep. I watched the A&E Documentary, "An Empire of Dreams" again the other night -- it was on after a couple of years of not being shown because of the third movie's impending debut.

They tried to get it countless times and Harrison just didn't feel it, and so Lucas said 'well... okay, then do what you feel, whatever comes to you, do it' and he did, and it worked so damned well.

It wasn't Lucas, it was Kershner who directed ESB.

Benj
May 25th, 2005, 02:54 AM
My order goes

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Attack of the Clones
5. Return of the Jedi (Silly bits drag this down)
6. Phantom Menace

A New Hope is top as to me it was the most breathless and fun, boarding deathstar/ vader and Kenobi rematch/ Grand Moff Tarkin. Best scene from any star wars film has to be the opening shot with the Tantive IV blockade runner being pursued by the gigantic Star Destroyer.

Sagitarius
May 25th, 2005, 05:20 AM
I hear people talking about "plot holes", but I don't see them ("How can Leia remember her mother in ROTJ?!??" Gahh... Read between the lines! If you'd seen ROTS before ROTJ you probably wouldn't even give this a second thought!).

Think the prequels would have worked better if we actuelly wouldn't have seen episodes 4-6 yet and would only now see them after the first 3 eps. But then gah we would just die because we would have been used to those fancy effects in space battles. :P And this kind of "plot holes" ain't bothering me either. Think it was good movie, best of the 3 first.

off topic: What happened to your bacon of hope sig? ...That "hope it's good" used to make me laugh :D

Arative
May 25th, 2005, 05:32 AM
I think it would have benefited from an appearance by Qui Gon at the end, too.

I read somewhere, wikipedia I think that Lucas was going to film that scene but Liam Neeson broke his leg right be the scene was suppose to be filmed so it had to be scrapped from the film.

fan of jack
May 25th, 2005, 08:46 AM

Yes but don't forget padme had just found out that anakin had done all those bad things :( , and she believed he was good up till the point on the planet when she realised otherwise! She did'nt want to believe what he'd done coz she loved him probibly why she lost her will to live! :(

Flyboy
May 25th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Lets not forget that watching ep 1 through to ep 6 in that order would ruin the suprise of the "I am your father" line in ESB. (for a new viewer)

ToasterOnFire
May 25th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Some post-ep 3 thoughts from me:

-The intro space battle was wonderfully done. Having the battles at different "depths" really gave space the proper three-dimensional feel.

-Since I didn't see the Clone Wars cartoon series I was somewhat confused by Grievous, especially why he was coughing. I was able to catch up by reading the synopsis of the series, thankfully.

-The reentry of Grievous's (half) ship into the atmosphere immediately reminded me of the shuttle Columbia. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional, but it gave my stomach creepy flip-flops.

-The command 66 sequence was excellent; very depressing and made me feel completely helpless as the jedi were slaughtered.

-Yoda's "yodaisms" were less annoying in this ep than the last one. His CGI portrayal during the jedi slaughter, after fleeing the emperor, and when the children were born was heartbreaking.

-I was worried that we were going to see Anakin actually kill the young jedi. I'm glad they didn't and left it to the imagination, much more powerful that way.

I agree with previous posts about how Anakin's turn to the dark side seemed too abrupt. It was hard for me to really get behind the characters since I don't think they were developed well in episodes 1 and 2. The Anakin/Padme romance was unbelieveable for me in ep 2, so I had to stretch to believe that he would switch to the dark side since I didn't see the feeling there. Likewise, the Anakin/Obi-Wan relationship could have also been developed better in ep 2 so the final battle between them would have been more depressing and tragic.

I also agree that Portman was underused in this ep. Her main scenes were the balcony lovey scene (better than ep 2, but still uncomfortably written) and her death at the end, which I thought was poorly done. Death by heartbreak? I just don't see it, maybe because I didn't really fall for their romance.

All in all, much better than ep 1 and 2, but it was held back by the poor character development in those episodes. I think the original trilogy (4, 5, 6) surpasses the newer one simply by its more interesting characters and their interactions. The newer trilogy has better CGI, but it wasn't enough for me.

Madeleine
May 25th, 2005, 11:24 AM
... the Anakin/Obi-Wan relationship could have also been developed better in ep 2 so the final battle between them would have been more depressing and tragic.

That was the worst aspect of ep2 for me, not seeing any cameraderie between Anakin and Obi Wan when the original trilogy had made me feel they ought to have been real friends. I did see what I wanted to from them in ep3 though, enough that the final battle was pretty heart-wrenching, especially when Obi Wan said "you wer my brother". This is easilly the best of the prequels, and mostly that is cos of two things - Anakin being less of a whiny baby and him and Obi Wan actually seeming to care for each other.

Sagitarius
May 25th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Lets not forget that watching ep 1 through to ep 6 in that order would ruin the suprise of the "I am your father" line in ESB. (for a new viewer)

Right.. forgot that one. Would have ruined pretty much the whole ESB. Oh well, there was one quote in Finland that after a movie some lady spoke like "it's good that they left the ending kind of open so they can make sequels." ;)

Again offtopic: this btw reminds me of one scene in simpsons:

Homer and Marge walking out of a movie theatre.

Homer: Wow, what an ending! Who would have thought Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father!
Crowd: (Waiting in line to see the movie) Oh, thank you, Mister Blow-the-picture-for-me!

kharn the betrayer
May 25th, 2005, 07:49 PM
After just Rereading the book

im still mad how they handeld Boga in the movie :mad:

But otherwise i LOVED it except some random cheesy lines here and there

and Anakin looks cool(hated how he looked and acted in AoTC) and Poor Obi Wan watching his freind conbust like that :(

this Movie single handedly made Obi Wan my Fav SW character

Giantevilhead
May 25th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Yes but don't forget padme had just found out that anakin had done all those bad things :( , and she believed he was good up till the point on the planet when she realised otherwise! She did'nt want to believe what he'd done coz she loved him probibly why she lost her will to live! :(
That's why Star Trek is better than Star Wars, Star Trek has Planned Parenthood.

LoneStar1836
May 25th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Finally, saw it today. Hmmm…… What can I say? I wasn’t that impressed. However, I didn’t go in with high expectations (and I have read zero spoilers or reviews until now). And Lucas’s personal comments of late didn’t make me any more giddy about seeing the movie. :rolleyes:

It’s been noted several times, but worth mentioning once more. ;) The dialogue was horrendous. Geez. Was the original trilogy this bad? :S The movie could have been better if someone else had written the actual dialogue. A LOT better.

I detested the characterization of Padme in this one. I enjoyed her in the other two, but she was like a completely different person in this one. Being pregnant doesn’t change you that much. The strong woman was nowhere to be seen. And her death? Okay, if that’s what you want to go with, George. You’d think the children alone would be reason enough to live.

I didn’t care for General Grevious either. The coughing annoyed me. He’s a robot for Pete’s sake. Big deal if he had a heart. I didn’t see any lungs. :S Plus I’ve never watched the cartoon series unless I happen to flip by it and pause for a second and then continue on so I had zero knowledge of his backstory.

The turning of the clone army so easily was a nice touch in the movie. After they were such heroes in AotC, I hated to see them turn to serving the Empire even though I knew it had to happen sometime. These clone soldiers were pretty competent fighting “machines”. Wonder what changed in the 20 years or so that the ones in the second trilogy became somewhat incompetent, imo. Was it the result of too much cloning and the characteristics of the original copy became diluted or were they no longer clones but conscripts? :S

The end seemed kind of rushed from the point that Obi-Wan took out Anakin onward as compared to the opening sequence, which took nearly 30 minutes. The visuals were amazing, but I was like enough already. You’ve wowed me with all the flying through space, now let’s move on. And I got an eye full of the visuals because a new theater was built here recently with the steeply tiered seating and huge screen so I got my money’s worth in that department. That was my main reason for seeing it in a theater was for the visuals and not necessarily the story. I could have waited for the DVD for that but then you lose out on the visual end, which seems to have become Lucas’s only obsession.

Seeing this once was enough for me. There is really not much depth to the movie, imo, so seeing it again is not going to reveal anything further. Overall, the visuals were the best thing about the movie. Anakin’s turn to the darkside was played out pretty well though it could have had more depth and not been so quick, but you got the basic understanding of why he did it and then why he was the way he was in the later movies.

I will say it was better than Episode I and II. I’m glad it had a darker tone to it and thus merited the PG-13 rating. Restrictions of a PG rating just would not have allowed for what needed to be shown to convey Anakin’s turn. This didn’t need to be a happy, fun movie considering this was the somewhat pivotal movie to the whole saga, imo. Killing the children was rather disturbing, but got the point across that he had completely turned so I do think it was warranted. It’s one thing to murder adults who you think are conspiring, but it’s another to murder innocent children who most likely know nothing of this supposed Jedi takeover.

I did find the Emperor’s story of the apprentice killing the master interesting, and that Anakin eventually repeated it on the apprentice. By doing so, he fulfilled the prophecy that was foretold and did bring balance to the force. The prophecy just wasn’t very specific about when. :D

Obi-Wan’s “brother” speech to Anakin was moving and one of the best parts of the film. I also loved the final shot of them holding Luke on Tatooine with the setting sun and the classic musical score.

Eh, the movie was entertaining enough, but nothing spectacular. I can’t wait till “War of the Worlds” comes out. The trailer for that looked great. Even the trailer for the “Fantastic 4” looked halfway interesting. Not so sure about “Stealth”.

Easter Lily
May 26th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Back from the movies I am
Enjoyed the movie I did
Action sequences were fab
But dialogue klunky as expected

Romance very clumsy it was
Padme rather too stiff it seems
Anakin not angry enough methinks
But Brits and Yoda were brilliant as always

A film for children it is
George Lucas is Peter Pan I think
When that way you think it is
The movie perfect sense it makes

Madeleine
May 26th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I'd like there to be a version with less of the burnt-up Anakin. As it stands, although it worked well and was compelling stuff it's not suitable for young children. Coming in the same series as Ewoks and JarJar - both of which irritated older fans and both of which were justified by Lucas as "it's a children's film" - it's a shame that it's so gruesome.

Madonna's film that she did a few years ago came in two versions, one was a 15 and one was an 18. I thought it was a jolly good idea. I'd love it if more films were released in two versions, and I think this one would have been a prime candidate. My small sons see the posters all over the place and it's rather tricky to have to field the daily requests to take them to the cinema for it.

Hex.FTB.enabled
May 26th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Now remember kids, in your Episode III excitement, remember to use common sense......(shakes head)
Lightsaber Mishap (http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050526/en_movies_eo/16633)

Giantevilhead
May 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Now remember kids, in your Episode III excitement, remember to use common sense......(shakes head)
Lightsaber Mishap (http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050526/en_movies_eo/16633)
Humans are easily corrupted by the dark side... either that or stupidity.

YodaMate
May 27th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Feelings after Ep III ?

Thank God for EU. I'm too obsessed for SW to ever end and i've been that way for a long time :)

Yes, Grievous does have lungs, but they got crushed during a previous fight with Mace Windu (hence the coughing). And though it kinda makes sense for a more android character to be in charge of a Droid Army, but i still would have preferred Durge to be the diversionary Bad Guy, he had so much more life and danger to him.

Indeed, all the obvious problems with George have been discussed, so no need to bring them up again. An interesting hint at future events with the obsession with death for any Dark Empire fans out there.

A great pity : i give the film only 4.75 stars because it was missing a vital scene, one that would cement forever the fact that Vader was now full on evil - the hoped for scene of Jar Jar looking stupidly at Vader saying "Anni ?" and Vader promptly cutting him in half. Oh well, can't ask for everything ;)

SG-4MarineLeader
May 27th, 2005, 05:42 AM
I thought it was a fairly good movie. I think the PG-13 rating was warranted. It was supposed to be darker than the other two before it.

The only problem I have with it was how they portraid Padme. She seemed underused in the film, and I was actually hoping that she would live.

Note: For those of you that haven't seen the DVD of AOTC, I would recommend renting it, if you don't want to buy it. There are two deleted scenes that should still be available that might, depending on your point of view, help to add more depth and realism to the Padme character and to the Anakin/Padme romance. Of course it would really depend on your point of view, but some of you might find it interesting.

Danny 2130
May 31st, 2005, 02:27 PM
The movie was great! I was so excited watching it and I cried alot at the end.
As for Padme I espected she would not die so soon, as Leia told in RoTJ that she remembered something about her mother. And guys, it is absolutely normal for a pregnant woman to be less active, as she is thinking primarily of her baby. It is normal Anakin to be the most active person in this episode.

Matt G
May 31st, 2005, 03:46 PM
I remember Lucas saying before ep II that we'll learn why Anakin turned to the dark side and that it'll be understandable.

To be fair...he turned out to be right. Anakin wanted to save Padme, didn't think the Jedi would be interested in helping him out and his best shot of doing so seemed to be Palpatine.

I can understand Anakin originally turning Palpatine in. I can then understand him going on to kill Mace Windu to save his life he realised he was going to seeming lose his only shot of saving Padme. What did surprise me was when Padme tried to talk Anakin out of going Dark Side, he nearly killed her...I'm filing that down as losing control.

And finally that...NOOOO...when he realised how badly he'd effectivly screwed himself over...the only thing that doesn't make sense after that is, why didn't Vader/Anakin try to defect back to the Light side afterwards and take out Palpatine there and then...toasting the Empire? His only reason for pairing up with Palpatine had just blown up in his face so what else is keeping him loyal to the Emporer?

We certainly don't see any kind of transition between the still-emotional Anakin/Vader at the end of RotS and the ice-cold Vader in the original trilogy.

Danny 2130
June 1st, 2005, 04:40 AM
As for Anakin's try to kill Padme, I think he did this because his mind was already twisted from the Dark Side and he felt suspicious about Padme/Obi-Wan's friendship. He said something like "You are with him", which sounded to me "You love him, not me". And all this "I hate you" line at the end of the battle leads to this, too.

Matt G
June 1st, 2005, 09:56 AM
A few more bits to add in.

1. I can just about buy Vader's long term loyalty to Palpatine as the fact of him maybe not believing that he could undo the damage he'd done and therefore he was better off not making a bigger mess of things.

2. I laughed about this on the B5 forum I was on back in '99 when commenting on TPM...and the Separatists/whatever they were called in TPM still did not learn their lesson from when they attempted to arrest Qui-Con-Gin and Obiwan back then...DROIDS ARE FRACKING USELESS VS JEDI ARMED WITH LIGHTSABERS!!!! :p

twiggy
June 2nd, 2005, 07:34 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/hathor_ra/cute%20smileys/lukevadar.gif http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/hathor_ra/cute%20smileys/starwars.gif http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/hathor_ra/cute%20smileys/lightsabre.gif

Supreme Thor
June 3rd, 2005, 09:57 AM
That's just too cool. :):D

puddlejumper747
June 5th, 2005, 02:17 PM
A great pity : i give the film only 4.75 stars because it was missing a vital scene, one that would cement forever the fact that Vader was now full on evil - the hoped for scene of Jar Jar looking stupidly at Vader saying "Anni ?" and Vader promptly cutting him in half.I was rather hoping that he could have just gone to Alderaan to live with Bail Oragna, his wife, and Leia. I swear they had room for him in that scene at the end, on the balcony....now that would have been beautiful. :p

But seriously, the only thing I didn't really like was Obi-Wan's line: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."....which is, in and of itself, an absolute statement. It should have simply been "Only a Sith deals in absolutes like that." Two little words -- eight letters -- would have avoided so much controversy and confusion. Oh, well.... :rolleyes:

Madeleine
June 5th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I think Obi Wan said so much toungue-in-cheek that he couldn't be entirely serious even at that point.

The Dude
June 9th, 2005, 03:30 PM
It was awesome. Easily as cool as 4 and 5. Better than 1,2 and 6.

GeneralJackO'Neill
June 9th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Well Ep 3 is definately better than 1 and 2. Empire Strikes Back will always be the best to me. Ep 3 was better than I had expected. With Ep 2 as a disappointment (the fight scenes were good), i felt refreshed and happy with the action and the new CGI they've come up with. Loved the clones.

At least one of the clone commanders was decapitated. That was awesome!!

Falcon Zero
June 9th, 2005, 06:07 PM
At least one of the clone commanders was decapitated. That was awesome!!

That was incredible how ruthless Yoda and the other Jedi became once the clones turned, almost as if they were expecting it... But overall, with the trilogy wrapped up Obi's definitely my pick for best character of the prequels. At least now we know of the insane battles he lived through in the Clone Wars and why Han was seriously out of line seeing Obi-Wan as nothing more than an 'old man' in ANH :p.

I found the overall atmosphere of the film not as dark as it's portrayed to be, but I guess spoilers and knowing the story will do that ;). The pace and story direction worked far better than Ep I & II with everything moving briskly and not a dawdling scene in sight. Gotta love the Millennium Falcom cameo too ;).

GeneralJackO'Neill
June 11th, 2005, 09:48 PM
That was incredible how ruthless Yoda and the other Jedi became once the clones turned, almost as if they were expecting it... But overall, with the trilogy wrapped up Obi's definitely my pick for best character of the prequels. At least now we know of the insane battles he lived through in the Clone Wars and why Han was seriously out of line seeing Obi-Wan as nothing more than an 'old man' in ANH :p.

I found the overall atmosphere of the film not as dark as it's portrayed to be, but I guess spoilers and knowing the story will do that ;). The pace and story direction worked far better than Ep I & II with everything moving briskly and not a dawdling scene in sight. Gotta love the Millennium Falcom cameo too ;).

you didn't see the George Lucas, his son and his daughter cameos?

Madeleine
June 11th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I didn't see any cameos at all :o

Ugly Pig
June 12th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I didn't see any cameos at all :oNeither did I, and I was actually looking for them... :o

Giantevilhead
June 12th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Here's a comic stripe that does a good job of showing some of Episode 3's problems:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=150

Ugly Pig
June 13th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Here's a comic stripe that does a good job of showing some of Episode 3's problems:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=150Uh... no.

dec55
June 14th, 2005, 11:29 AM
It was ok.....but not the best I have seen........glad it is finally over.....at least with
the movies for now. I am not really looking forward to any possible TV series.....for Star Wars at all. George should really stop on a high note.
The Star Wars movies should avoid the Star Trek mode.....

But seriously, the only thing I didn't really like was Obi-Wan's line: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."....which is, in and of itself, an absolute statement. It should have simply been "Only a Sith deals in absolutes like that." Two little words -- eight letters -- would have avoided so much controversy and confusion. Oh, well....

I found this line hilarious and hyporcritical at same time.....Ben clearly talks
of the absolutes between the evil and good side of the force.....Yoda talks
about the absolutes of doing and not just trying. The Jedi is only the force
for good and for others...... the Jedi never fight for revenge.....these
are absolutes........ :D

Giantevilhead
June 14th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Uh... no.
Denial you are in. Crap Episode 3 was.

GeneralJackO'Neill
June 14th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I sense tension.

Giantevilhead
June 14th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I sense that soon you will be out of milk and must go to the super market to get some but you will be very annoyed when you arrive at the super market because you forgot your discount card but you will buy the milk at full price because it would be too much trouble to go home, get the discount card, and go back. Then you will head back but you will be distracted because you forgot to bring your discount card to the super market and had to buy the milk at full price and you are not happy about it. While you are distracted by your thoughts about how you forgot to bring your discount card to the super market and had to buy the milk at full price, a car will be speeding towards you. Luckily, you are able to jump out of the way and avoid certain death but regrettably you will be jumping in the way of a speeding bus, however a good samaritan will push you out of the way of the oncoming truck, unfortunately you are pushed into the middle of a gang war and bullets are flying everywhere, but Batman arrives just in time to beat up the gangsters and save your life, sadly Batman will not be able to stop the last gangster as he gets off a final shot at you, as your life is flashing past your eyes you’re beamed aboard the Defiant by Chief O’Brien, you ask the Chief to beam you back to your home and before he could set the coordinates 3 Imperial Destroyers comes out of hyperspace and blows the Defiant to dust, fortunately a banished Ancient was near and he returns you in front of your house. When you get home, you have a glass of milk and die because you are lactose intolerant.

Ugly Pig
June 15th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Denial you are in. Crap Episode 3 was.*Gasp* It was? I could have sworn I actually enjoyed it, but if Giantevilhead says that I'm in the denial, then it must be so.

:rolleyes:

Matt G
June 15th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I sense that soon you will be out of milk and must go to the super market to get some but you will be very annoyed when you arrive at the super market because you forgot your discount card but you will buy the milk at full price because it would be too much trouble to go home, get the discount card, and go back. Then you will head back but you will be distracted because you forgot to bring your discount card to the super market and had to buy the milk at full price and you are not happy about it. While you are distracted by your thoughts about how you forgot to bring your discount card to the super market and had to buy the milk at full price, a car will be speeding towards you. Luckily, you are able to jump out of the way and avoid certain death but regrettably you will be jumping in the way of a speeding bus, however a good samaritan will push you out of the way of the oncoming truck, unfortunately you are pushed into the middle of a gang war and bullets are flying everywhere, but Batman arrives just in time to beat up the gangsters and save your life, sadly Batman will not be able to stop the last gangster as he gets off a final shot at you, as your life is flashing past your eyes you’re beamed aboard the Defiant by Chief O’Brien, you ask the Chief to beam you back to your home and before he could set the coordinates 3 Imperial Destroyers comes out of hyperspace and blows the Defiant to dust, fortunately a banished Ancient was near and he returns you in front of your house. When you get home, you have a glass of milk and die because you are lactose intolerant.

Whatever!

GeneralJackO'Neill
June 15th, 2005, 02:54 PM

Sheesh! Too much to read! :p

Giantevilhead
June 15th, 2005, 04:16 PM
*Gasp* It was? I could have sworn I actually enjoyed it, but if Giantevilhead says that I'm in the denial, then it must be so.

:rolleyes:
Just because it was crap doesn't mean no one enjoyed it. There are people enjoyed the episodes 1 and 2, some of them aren't even rabid star wars nerds. Plus pigs like to roll around in crap to keep cool, if there's no mud to roll around in of course.

GeneralJackO'Neill
June 15th, 2005, 07:15 PM
*raises eyebrow* Pigs? What does pigs have to do with this?!

Perriman33
June 16th, 2005, 02:30 AM
I personally thought it was a good film. Although if you hadnt seen eps.4,5,and 6 it could have left you a little depressed. No uplifting moments in the film at all. The graphics were good and the acting not as bad as the first two. The story didnt stall at all either, there was action all the way through. My score is 4/5 :)

Supreme Thor
June 16th, 2005, 06:34 AM
I personally thought it was a good film. Although if you hadnt seen eps.4,5,and 6 it could have left you a little depressed. No uplifting moments in the film at all. The graphics were good and the acting not as bad as the first two. The story didnt stall at all either, there was action all the way through. My score is 4/5 :)
I'd have to agree with you there, Perriman. I think the ending of Episode III is better if you've seen 4, 5, and 6 (except Vader screaming, that was a little weird). Probably the sadest moment of the entire movie was when Anakin found the younglings in the Council Chamber....

Ugly Pig
June 16th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Just because it was crap doesn't mean no one enjoyed it.Just because you didn't enjoy it doesn't mean it was crap.

puddlejumper747
June 16th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Just because it was crap doesn't mean no one enjoyed it.Just because you didn't enjoy it doesn't mean it was crap.http://www.osubookstore.com/images/Owned!.jpg
ROTFLMAO!!! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif Ugly Pig, that was awesome!!! http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/35.gif http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/35.gif

GeneralJackO'Neill
June 16th, 2005, 10:34 AM
http://www.osubookstore.com/images/Owned!.jpg
ROTFLMAO!!! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif Ugly Pig, that was awesome!!! http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/35.gif http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/35.gif

*laughs hystaricaly* Awesome pic.

Loved what you said Ugly Pig.

Giantevilhead
June 17th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Just because you didn't enjoy it doesn't mean it was crap.
I never said that I didn't enjoy it. I like plenty of crappy movies like Signs, the Matrix, and Independence Day but they're still crappy movies with gaping plotholes and nonsensical storylines.

Seastallion
June 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I watched 'Revenge of the Sith' for the second time today. I saw the Millenium Falcon near the beginning of the movie, this time..! :) Well, if it wasn't the 'Falcon' it was at least another YT-1300 space-freighter. I also managed to confirm that Jar-jar was at both the beginning and the end of the movie. ;) This time, I got to enjoy it without a crowded theatre. :D Excellent movie... lots of fun. Although, I did think the "Nooo...!" of Darth Vader should have been a few octaves higher... that sort of half moan at the end made it sound sort of funny. I would've been more convinced if the pitch continued to rise into a scream. :p

LMichelle
June 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Best one out of the prequels. I need to see it again. :)

Seastallion
June 18th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Best one out of the prequels. I need to see it again. :)

I agree...! :D It was the best of the three prequals. :)