Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else REALLY like the commercials?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else REALLY like the commercials?

Couldnt find a thread on this so here goes....I really enjoy the BSG commercials. It has awesome music in the backround, a couple words, and then brief scenes of the episode itself. Does anybody else really enjoy the commercials of BSG???

Oh, yeah. I'm loving them. And also, the S2 teaser with Lee speaking is absolutely amazing.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

love the teasers/ ads for the eppys and am lovin the S2 teaser so far.. cant wait til july 15th
      sigpic

Comment

I love everything about the series, so that includes the commercials. Can’t wait till next Monday when we finally get the new promos for SG-1, SGA, and BSG during Stargate Monday. I saw a commercial for those commercials today. Only Sci-Fi would air a commercial promoting their promo commercials.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
          Oh, yeah. I'm loving them. And also, the S2 teaser with Lee speaking is absolutely amazing.
          Ooh, I've missed that one.

So the teasers finally start next Monday night. Cool.

Can't wait to see them. I'm probably more excited about seeing the BSG ones than Stargate. Especially with the spoilers I've read. Although have to admit I'm very curious to see BB in action on SG-1.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

There are season 2 commercials out already? Are they on the net anywhere?

I loved the commercials they had for season one, the one where they had each character talking and it merges from one to the other. Are the season 2 ones as good as that one?

Comment

When Sky aired the ad's I loved them, but then strangely after a few episodes they stopped the BSG ad's..... *sobs* why?

I think that the BSG ad's are the best ad's I've seen to date....well okay, aside from CSI adverts....BSG have some of the best ad's.

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
                Ooh, I've missed that one.
                You’ve seen it. It’s the once filled with Season one clips but Lee does the voiceover for the whole commercial. I believe it started to air either after the first part of KLG I or after the conclusion of part II.
                Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                I loved the commercials they had for season one, the one where they had each character talking and it merges from one to the other. Are the season 2 ones as good as that one?
                I definitely agree with you. I think that one with multiple voiceovers is my favorite. This "new" one with Lee is good, but not quite as good even though it's done in the same style.

Technically, I guess the one they run now (which is the one with Lee’s voice) would count as a season two commercial even though it has zero Season 2 footage as far as I can tell, but it’s still a cool commercial anyway.

Only two more months. *sobs* Sorry Australia. It's probably longer for y'all.

Originally posted by Kes
                Can't wait to see them. I'm probably more excited about seeing the BSG ones than Stargate. Especially with the spoilers I've read. Although have to admit I'm very curious to see BB in action on SG-1.
                Saw that commercial again and they are supposedly behind the scenes sneak peeks at the new seasons for each than I guess just pure commercial footage of finished product. Monday is almost here. (That’s horrible to actually look forward to something on a Monday. ) We’ll see soon enough. And yes, I'm hoping for lots of Ben.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Don't suppose someone could transcribe what Lee says? Please?

There's only been one for season two so far?

*goes hunting around BSG sites in the hopes that someone put it up for download*

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    Don't suppose someone could transcribe what Lee says? Please?

There's only been one for season two so far?
                    Yes. I believe there has only been one to my knowledge. It's the same one they have been running here since KLG II aired in, I guess, March. Though, technically it doesn't have any Season 2 footage.

***WARNING***
                    Description contains SPOILERS for Kobol's Last Gleaming, Parts I & II.

Lee’s dialogue in the commercial is as follows:

Each one of us has a role to play in the story.

Some will lead……..

…….and some will follow the road to destruction.

Our true destiny lies ahead.

The first line overlays these clips:

Lee climbing into a Viper. Starbuck pointing a weapon (from KLG II), Col. Tigh, Dualla in CIC, Baltar & Six walking together (from KLG II), Galactica Boomer (from KLG II), Helo falling down (from “Litmus” when he was knocked down by a Cylon as he was rescuing Boomer)

Second line (“Some will lead….”) is over Lee in CIC at the end of KLG II, Adama, and Roslin.

“…….and some will follow the road to destruction.” starts with a shot of Helo, Caprica Boomer form KLG II, Baltar, (voiceover ended here continuing with clips and a faint whisper of the word “destruction” again) Lee pulling his weapon on Tigh in KLG II, Baltar falling back in the grass after escaping the Raptor in KLG II, Starbuck with "Lee" in the clip montage at the start of KLG I when they tried to fool you into thinking she was with Lee.

“Our true destiny lies ahead” starts over a shot of Galactica Boomer, Adama, Six & Starbuck fighting in KLG II, Cally as the Raptor is hit in KLG I, Lee yelling as Adama is shot in KLG II, Baltar & Six, Starbuck tackling Six and falling in KLG II, (voiceover fades out here and clips get extremely fast at this point) Starbuck after landing the Raider in KLG II, Roslin in the brig, Tigh, Adama, Helo, Caprica Boomer, Baltar, Six, Raptor blowing up as Baltar and Crashdown dive away from it…….then it goes to the BSG logo.

The end.

And all of that was in a 20 second spot.

That’s about the best I got for a description of how the commercial went.

ETA: Finally found a site with the promo video posted. Pegasus Galaxy. It's the BSG Season 2 Promo #1 (Spring '05)
                    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 04 June 2005, 08:19 PM.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the description, Lonestar.

"Each one of us has a role to play in the story", and "Our true destiny lies ahead" sounds similiar to what Leoben said in 'Flesh and Bone' (one of my favourite quotes).
                      All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. You kneel before idols and ask for guidance and you can't see that your destiny's already been written. Each of us plays a role, each time a different role. The last time, I was the interrogator and you were the prisoner. The players change, the story remains the same.

Comment

the new "sneak peeks" S2 commercial is kind of a spoiler since all we see is a shot of Lee and the Commander walking down a corridor. Not that it's a big surprise that Adama survives, but I would have rather waited for 7/15 to find out for sure.

Comment

It could have been an old clip or a flashback to bluff you/us!
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Pegasus Galaxy has the new trailer posted that aired tonight for BSG.

Of course beware of ****SPOILERS**** before you click.

Good commercial, but I actually liked the new SGA one a bit more. Interesting what Six says to Baltar. Is she referring to Galactica Boomer or somebody else?

ETA: Pegasus Galaxy actually has both Season 2 promos (including the one I transcribed above) and the one Monday sneak peak that has aired. You can find them all here.
                            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 04 June 2005, 08:27 PM.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                              Pegasus Galaxy has the new trailer posted that aired tonight for BSG.
                              Thanks to pegasusgalaxy.com. This trailer was definitely the best one yet. Some intriguing footage - especially for Apollo, Starbuck, Roslin and Tigh. July 15th is definitely TOO far away.

Originally posted by Lonestar
                              Interesting what Six says to Baltar. Is she referring to Galactica Boomer or somebody else?
                              That was my first thought - of course Baltar already knows Boomer is a Cylon because of the test she took so that wouldn't be that big a revelation.

So I'm really thinking it might be someone else. Maybe even someone who's a Cylon that we don't know is a Cylon. Yet.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X