This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wars vs. Gate: cage match!

Well, we've got the "Star Trek vs. Stargate" one, so why not see how a "Star Wars vs. Stargate" battle goes? Only this time, let's avoid any asinine "so and so is stupid for watching such and such" comments.

To start out, I think I'm going to compare The Force vs. Ascension. The Force definitely wins out here. Not only can you use the Force while still alive, but you can also "ascend" to the Force (essentially) seemingly w/o any entity forcing you to not be allowed to use your abilities (something that makes Ascension more like an eternal form of torture). Obi-Wan was able to visit Luke while "ascended" (I really don't know what other word to use), and it's likely he could influence things in other ways as well (he did tell Vader he'd become more powerful than he could imagine), so the Force certainly seems to hold some of the same appeals as Ascension in that sense. So clearly the Force wins out, because the Others pretty much ruin Ascension. Alright, that said, feel free to continue the discussion on this or other angles.

-Bloodaxe

In terms of technology and military might Star Wars smashes Stargate quite rapidly. I'd recommend all major powers to surrender as swiftly as possible less they be BDZed.
    "Time is waiting
    We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
    No hesitating
    Grab a boy and grab a girl!
    Time is waiting
    We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
    No hesitating
    We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

BDZ = Base (?) Delta Zero order that an Imperial officer can give or receive. Essentially, the order comprises of taking a Star Dstroyer in orbit around a planet and use its weapons to systematically destroy all life on that planet (or in a designated area on the planet)

In case anyone was confused

Comment

Gate's "wise alien" (or the closest thing, I suppose) is Thor. Wars' wise alien is Yoda.

Yoda can kick ass with a lightsaber, as well as without one. He's one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. Thor can barely stand up. No contest, there.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I have a feeling Star Wars is gonna smash Stargate into smithereens on this one. SW is such a cultural icon that nearly everyone knows what Star Wars is (or knows something familiar to SW). Stargate hasn't been around that long (though 8 years is nothing to laugh at, either). Star Wars has been around since like 1977! Almost 30 years. So on this one, I will have to vote for Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
            Stargate hasn't been around that long (though 8 years is nothing to laugh at, either).
            Technically, Stargate has been around for 11 years now.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

StarGate would win, they have Ancient technology that far surpasses the Star Wars technology...and Star Trek's for that matter......

As far as The Acendant beings and folks like Yoda.....the Acendant beings win.
              They live on a Universal scale....where as folks with the force are limited to one galaxy.
              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                Technically, Stargate has been around for 11 years now.
                11 years? I guess you're going from the release of the original Stargate movie. Anyhoo, the longer the better!

Comment

Working...
                X