As above, so below

Yippe? Atlantis is under water right?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Seems to be
      __

__

Comment

Well, I researched and anaylzed some evidence and material on the Location of Atlantis two summers ago.

Many have claimed to have found the Lost City of Atlantis. (More like Lost Continent)... Many MANY speculations have been formed and none can be proven incorrect because of the lack of evidence we have.

Homer's explaination, for all we know, could be fictionous. Or, Atlantis could be a tale or a lesson that we should not destroy ourselves. Atlantis could have been a reference to the Tale of Babylon, those who destroyed themselves.

More abstract explainations state that Atlantis was a planet, a world or another dimension that lost its ability to keep contact with Earth. More insane explanation w/o evidence state that the Atlanteans were aliens that used crystal technology. (... no evidence = BULL****!)

However, more on a regional scope, Atlantis has been theorized to be near Spain, near England, in South America, in the Bermuda Triangle, in Antartica and in India.

Atlantis has been thought to be the place where humans began their civilization. ALL cultures and regions have tales of a lost city or a lost region which was devastated by a flood. Avalon, Dhwarka, Mu, Lemuria, Atala, ATLANTIS.

The most convincing theory that I have found is that Atlantis was on India.

www.atlan.org

Comment

I watched this whole 3 hour long thing about it. The best proof I saw was that it was near Italy in the Med Sea. They showed some wrecks of a village on whats left of an island near there and they had all kinds of early tech that most of the world did not have yet. They also explained that the translations of where it was could be confused and make people think it was in the Atlantic (s) when it wasn't. It was pretty neat. Of course it was also on the History Channel that showed 10 hours of how the "angels" in the Bible are really aliens so take it as you will.
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Has anyone ever read the book "Antediluvial World"? That is a very good nonfiction book on Atlantis if I remember who its by i'll post his name. This book is really good to read if your interested in atlantis

Comment

Sounds like a interesting book
              __

__

Comment

Very interesting, maybe i'll go and find it in the library, naw i'm too lazy...

Comment

I hardly doubt that we will find the city of Atlantis anytime soon. I've seen many documentations that end in "Well it could be here...." or "We'll find it once we get more money..."
                  A lot of people think that we are close though. But Boy, what the find of the century that would be!

I was reading this website a while ago by an alternate theorist, and he was saying that Atlantis is on the other side of the globe or something, and that it sank during the Great Flood from the Bible.

You site is pretty cool.
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

http://www.atlan.org/ < this site has a very very thorough investigation into atlantis and places Atlantis' time around the Ice Age, and location right in the South China Sea, modern day Indonesia..

Biggest arguement against it was Plato said Atantis was out of the mediterranean in the Atlantic. However, in greek language the Atlantic simply referred to the worlds ocean, the ocean of the atlanteans. Theres a fuller response to this on the sites FAQ I think.

Comment

I think that's the site that I saw what I was talking about on.

Thanks for the link, I've been looking for that site for a while.
                      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

The stories clearly state that Atlantis lay beyond the Pillars of Hercules, which means the Straights of Gibraltar. It can't be in the Med Sea.

I did a little research a few days ago and ran across a very interesting article: here

It's the most compelling article I've read on the subject. It also makes me wonder if the writers of SG-1 also have read this.

Comment

Makes me wonder too, unless they are lazy people, haha.. Hmm, they should do a documentary about Atlantis, i would watch

Comment

It may be interesting but it depends on what they cover
                            __

__

Comment

No body ever says this....

Indonisia.

There is a guy out there that has like huge pages of reason indonisia is the place where atlantis is. I'll try to find the link....

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Working...
                              X