This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much power does the zpm produce?

I don't think the zpm produces a lot of prower as it took 3 zpm to power the entire city of atlantis. According to mckay, atlantis was about the same size as manhattan and it took one zpm to power the outpost in antartica. Imagine power our entire planet, how much zpm would we need to do so?

The ZPM produces amazing amounts of energy. It only took one ZPM to power Atlantis for over 3,000 years. A single ZPM probably could power our planet for quite awhile, it all depends on how depleted the ZPM is.
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Well altough atlantis might be the same size as manhatten it would require a lot more power. There tech is more advanced so it will suck more power (and use it more efficiently but overall take more), as well as a huge shield, and various other stuff which we will see in seasons to come, etc etc etc.

Comment

A lot.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

you took the words out of my mouth, or fingers, ~Thor~. I agree You can only compare Atlantis to Manhattan in size, the energy usages would be quite diffrent. One ZPM could probably power our entire planet for quite a while.

Owen Macri

Comment

The power output from a ZPM could conceivably blow up our solar system if channeled incorrectly. (See Zero Hour)
            sigpic

Comment

the ZPM is the most powerfull PS in the known universe, how can it not produce much energy, if you plugged a ZPM in to manhatten it would take about 10,000 to run out of gas not the 3000 years it took for it to burn out in atlantis. atlantis is manhatten in size and notin else, except possible the caffine consumtion( makcay )
              a ZPM can produce enough energy to power the most advanced citys in the known universe with full shield for over 3000 years. 1 zpm power taonas for ages, then released from dormantcy one of the largest drone swarms the anceints ever had
              (presumable it was a large swarm), then opened up a wormhole to pegasus, in addition to any use before taonas.
              basicly if we plugged in a zpm to say the uk or us national grid, wed be running on vacume/ZPM energy until we built our own stargate and traveled to the stars in hataks. the zpm is probebly the most advanced power source there is( built by the most advanced race), if we learned how to build or create ZPMs we would never have powercutts again.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

people, you say zpm sucks because it takes three to power up atlantis yet you fail to realize that with these three zpms a city the size of manhattan travelled from one galaxy to another far far away. think of the miles per zpm.

Comment

dont put it that way , if you make atlantis/manhatten compassion atlantis is the equivalent of about 5 manhattens, even without the tech and shield.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

i meant for the weight/load. The energy to drag manhattan(weight is equivallent if you take into consideration the fact that atlantis has little teleporters while manhattan has big heavy subways and lots of cars) through the void between galaxies. That's equivalent to 1 gagillion hamsters on wheels.

Comment

well if im correct atlantis is made from trinium, so for every 100 tonnes manhatten weighs, atlantis would weigh 1, in that case atlantis is alot small, in mass than mannhatten.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

In space weight is non existent unless effected by the gravitational field of a planetary, solar, or other spatial body. In space Atlantis would weigh less than you do.

You can only compare manhattan to atlantis in size. The power consumptions would be incredibly diffrent, Manhattan would require far less energy than Atlantis. Three ZPMs could power Manhattan for hundreds of millions of years at least, not 10 000.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                          In space weight is non existent unless effected by the gravitational field of a planetary, solar, or other spatial body. In space Atlantis would weigh less than you do.

Owen Macri
                          Yes, but there is still inertia to consider. It takes a phenominal amount of energy to move Atlantis, none the less send it on an intergalactic voyage. The Asgard ships can only barely maintain top speed by shutting down all other systems and routing them to the engines.
                          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                          LANDRY
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

the Ancients had a Crap load of power and has anybody ever heard of inertial dampeners

Comment

That basicly explains the thread how much power does the zpm produce?

Originally posted by Col. Newman
                              a Crap load of power
                              LANDRY
                              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Working...
                              X