PDA

View Full Version : Is Anubis alive ?

Aither
June 7th, 2004, 10:19 AM
I saw the first picture about "New Order, part 1" in Gateworld and I was stunned : there is something which looks like Anubis' head !
If Anubis is not dead in "Lost City", is it possible he would succeed to ascend when his fleet was destroyed or ... ?

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Ascended? I very much doubt that. You cannot reascend without the help of the Ancients and I would be shocked if they would actually help him do this. It would stand against everything they have worked for

Next, what picture was this?

I personally do hope that Anubis did not die as such so we can see more of him. He is over the top, and that is what I love about the character so much

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 10:24 AM
I'm like, "Anubis Dead?!" How is that possible when i see him right now :rolleyes: , ok back to seriousness...

Yah, i also doubt he reascended...

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:29 AM
If you'd like to give me the link to the picture, I'd like to take a look. I browsed through them all and I don't see a face

*Off topic. You'll never get rid of your one true god Anubis

Back on topic, let's keep it that way, huh!*

KorbenDirewolf
June 7th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Well, since he was never completely de-ascended, what need would he have to re-ascend?

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:31 AM
A chance to survive?

Aither
June 7th, 2004, 10:39 AM
It is that picture : http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/801_02.jpg

I think Anubis ascended without the help of the Ancients. If it is impossible to ascend without the help of the Ancients, then how can the first Ancient who ascended have succeeded to ascend ? Moreover, the Ancients have not a full control on ascension as they did not manage to have Anubis totally descended.

omnian
June 7th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I thought I was seeing things when I first saw that pic! Glad I'm not the only one.....

KorbenDirewolf
June 7th, 2004, 10:45 AM
It is certainly something in that picture.. I guess it is possible for Anubis to have survived in some form.

petzke_42
June 7th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I hope he is alive...I really like Anubis.

shockwave
June 7th, 2004, 11:07 AM
spoilers for 803 - Lockdown

Anubis has taken over Daniel and that Russian guy.

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info Shockwave

Happy Fun Ball
June 7th, 2004, 11:22 AM
I was wondering why they had a picture of the Stargate there. I mean, that's nothing new. We've seen the Stargate many times before. But then, I didn't notice that ghostly image there...

dpgiffin
June 7th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Then why is that Picture being grouped with New Order part 1?

Though you seem to be spot on with Anubis being the force controlling DJ and the Russian.

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 08:36 PM
I'm a tad bit confused on what you are talking about, can you explain it to me :)

Beckmen
June 7th, 2004, 10:40 PM
I had speculated that Anubis would still be around. I mean, if he's part ascended exploding his ship might not have killed him. He would probably just be a disembodied force now.

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 11:25 PM
That picture certainly shows something. Here's me hoping it's Anubis

Crazedwraith
June 8th, 2004, 01:39 AM
I hardling thing that pics conclusive, its a dark splodge!!! It could be a careama man's shadow for all we know!

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 03:46 AM
I doubt it will be a cameraman's shadow. They wouldn't make that big of a mistake. The Ancients show up a white form so maybe the evil come out like Anubis in a dark form

Mio
June 8th, 2004, 04:18 AM
The ascended can change into whatever form they want.

Orlan assumed psuedo-human form before he actually descended.

Andy867
June 8th, 2004, 06:12 AM
I doubt that they would publish a publicity shot that had a shadow of a cameraman. And I doubt its Anubis since this being spreads to more than one person.

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Well maybe Anubis wanted a better chance of escape. I hope he escapes so we see more of him

sgeureka
June 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM
As far as I remember, the publicity shots (NOT the screenshots from episodes) are photos WITHOUT the special effects. So I would think the shadow is just co-incidence.

(If someone can show me a publicity shot with special effects, I would like to know :) )

EDIT:
With special effects, I mean the visual effects, not the Wray Douglas's practical special effects.

And the shadow could have a rational explanation: it could just be the shadow of the dry ice (although it would still be weird why they would publish a photo with unpleasant shadows).

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 07:11 AM
I don't think so. But I would still love to see Anubis again

Aither
June 8th, 2004, 10:17 AM
I had speculated that Anubis would still be around. I mean, if he's part ascended exploding his ship might not have killed him. He would probably just be a disembodied force now.

I agree with you. In the summary of the episode "Full Circle", it is written :

" Now, he [Anubis] is still a being of energy, trapped between ascension and mortal life. His dark mask holds his form intact. " (that's about that Daniel Jackson said after having seen the true nature of Anubis)

With the destruction of his fleet in "The Lost City", I think Anubis lost his mask and couldn't keep an intact body. However, the explosion mustn't have killed the part of him which was ascended. And now (in the 8th season), he must be a kind of ghost.

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 10:26 AM
You're right, the shield was probably destroyed making his form explode from what it should be. You are probably right, he will be a kind of ghost but just not completley invisible

Andy867
June 8th, 2004, 12:27 PM
If Anubis wasn't threatened by that Ancient "Weapon", then why in this universe did he Scream NO!!!!!! and then have his ship blown up. I mean, just like the super soliders, everything has to obey the basic law of kinetic energy (being a huge @$$ explosion and all).

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I agree, he did scream and stuff, haha, but i still think hes somewhere in the ether floating around..

Beckmen
June 8th, 2004, 12:41 PM
He might not have known that he was going to survive, and even is he did. There's a big pile of glowing things coming at you, about to blow your ship to smithereens. I'd think you would scream. It was just an automatic reaction. Plus, he DID loose his brand-new SuperShip and a bunch of his Kull Warriors. And when Sam C4ed the Goa'Uld Queen, she probably stopped Kull production for a good time. Until Anubis can find a new queen and do whatever he did to make her co-operate.

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Yah, alot of Kull warriors died... And ouch, a new toy (ship), that must have did a good punch to his army.

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Anubis screamed pretty loud. I'm sure he was annoyed that his fleet was destroyed, not that he may die. I don't think he's afraid of death

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Yah, i agree, i would be pretty mad if that happened, but of course i'll never be put into that situation, because yes, i don't own a ship, a cloak, a faceless face... Haha...

Andy867
June 8th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I don't think he's afraid of death

Actually, I disagree, I think he is afraid of death because in Full Circle, when Daniel was about to blast him, he put his hand up in front of his "face" to defend himself, not knowing whether Daniel was going to destroy him or not. And since the Ancients are the "Others", its a good bet that the Ancients weapon that O'Neill activated would be enough to make even Anubis blow in oblivion (and not the Goa'uld idea of oblivion which would be putting the symbiote into a canopic jar)

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I agree and disagree, because when Daniel was about to blow Anubis away back in Full Circle, in the commentary they said that they didn't do a good job on showing Anubis scared, while in Lost City, i think he was just mad that he lost, haha...

anubis3355
June 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Can an Assended being really die? I thought those kind of folk coulnt die...but then again who knows..................well as for Anubis I think his snake died (he does still have a symbiote because in "REVELATIONS" the Asgard ship detected it in him) and know hes some kind of gost thing....am I right? :S

Andy867
June 8th, 2004, 10:05 PM
well, supposedly during the assassination attempt, that is when Anubis ascended, but the Others didn't want him being with them, so they tried to send him back to our known physics of the universe, but he somehow interrupted the process, which allowed him to remain between mortality and ascension. So, if the shield/cloak was to be blown up, his "energy" would technically get scattered, thus ending what we know as Anubis.

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:19 PM
well, supposedly during the assassination attempt, that is when Anubis ascended, but the Others didn't want him being with them, so they tried to send him back to our known physics of the universe, but he somehow interrupted the process, which allowed him to remain between mortality and ascension. So, if the shield/cloak was to be blown up, his "energy" would technically get scattered, thus ending what we know as Anubis.Good explanation :)

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Just because Anubis raised his hands in defense doesn't necessarily mean he's scared of death, just that he knows a way to avoid it. Besides, if Daniel really did beat him I would have liked to see what Oma would have done

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Just because Anubis raised his hands in defense doesn't necessarily mean he's scared of death, just that he knows a way to avoid it. Besides, if Daniel really did beat him I would have liked to see what Oma would have doneWhat do you mean by '..just that he knows a way to avoid it', how do you know that? I thought in the episode, Anubis said it wasn't him who made Daniel get blown away, or something, it seemed like he knew Oma or another ancient would stop Daniel from using his powers to destory Anubis.

Anubis
June 9th, 2004, 03:45 AM
I sort of meant that Anubis knew what would happen, as he has been in that seat before. Daniel was prevented from doing what he wanted. I'm still certain that Anubis wouldn't be that scared of death. The Gou'ald might but I don't think he was too worried because of his form

Elwe Singollo
June 9th, 2004, 09:06 AM
I sort of meant that Anubis knew what would happen, as he has been in that seat before. Daniel was prevented from doing what he wanted. I'm still certain that Anubis wouldn't be that scared of death. The Gou'ald might but I don't think he was too worried because of his formOh i understand now, sorry i need like super clarification on something, or else i'll be a biatch about it, haha..

Anubis
June 9th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Glad I could explain in more detail

priornavalperson
June 9th, 2004, 09:24 AM
I saw the first picture about "New Order, part 1" in Gateworld and I was stunned : there is something which looks like Anubis' head !
If Anubis is not dead in "Lost City", is it possible he would succeed to ascend when his fleet was destroyed or ... ?
SPOILER Season 8 Epsiode Lockdown
I believe the Season 8 episode lcokdown may resolve this issue.

Elwe Singollo
June 9th, 2004, 09:27 AM
I'm wondering if he couldn't ascend when he was in his 'cloak' form, why would he be able to ascend after he was blown to pieces (ok not to pieces, but people who watched the episode know what i mean)?

Anubis
June 9th, 2004, 09:27 AM
I think that may solve the issue also. Here's me hoping. But it may also be even earlier in New Order

OsirisDICK
June 20th, 2004, 10:48 PM
YES

Anubis is still alive!

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ipw-web/b2/index.php?p=62&c=1
CULT TIMES: ROBERT COOPER ON S8 [News] - admin - [email protected]
“Michael Shanks is going to have a couple of good episodes of his own,” shares Cooper, “and I guess the big thing that Daniel is going to do is to have a bit of a showdown with Anubis [David Palffy] towards the end of the season.”

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Anubis may still be alive, but for how long. Most people knew he was alive in the picture from New Order (well, it looks like Anubis) so hopefully we'll see some more fights

Apepi
June 21st, 2004, 01:56 AM
I look at it like this,,,,how can he be dead,when he was'nt fully alive anyway,,,,we have'nt seen the last of Anubis,am very sure of that,i still here the whispers from the shadows.,,,,,Hara rel kree lo mak Anubis :eek:

Beckmen
June 21st, 2004, 06:01 AM
Nothing can stop Anubis. He is our one true God. Saying he is dead is the gravest form of blasphamy, you should thanks our master for letting you live after such a grevious thing!

Anubis
June 21st, 2004, 06:43 AM
Yeah, Anubis is a really powerful person. There is no stopping him, no matter what people say

GateGipsy
June 21st, 2004, 07:14 AM
YES

Anubis is still alive!

“Michael Shanks is going to have a couple of good episodes of his own,” shares Cooper, “and I guess the big thing that Daniel is going to do is to have a bit of a showdown with Anubis [David Palffy] towards the end of the season.”
It was either that article or the one in TV Zone that ran a picture of Anubis in a box out that was all about the Wraiths. Kinda undermines the authority of the entire article (and publication) if they get something as basic as that wrong! Unless they were trying to hint at something...;)

Anubis
June 21st, 2004, 07:18 AM
Perhaps hints, but then again they'll do things to redirect attention if we 'stumble' onto things

Crazedwraith
June 21st, 2004, 07:39 AM
To get back on topic: Anubis. Is he still alive? Well jusging by the amount of times he posts I'd say YES. :D

Anubis
June 21st, 2004, 07:44 AM
Hehehe! lol Yer, I don't think he's very dead. He will strike back again. Watch out you earthlings. You destroyed my fleet but you won't destroy me! :D

Gromit
June 23rd, 2004, 08:44 PM
To me the picture (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/801_02.jpg) looks like a snapshot from the title sequences. In season 6, and 7 we had titles with pictures of the Stargate spinning and then fades to clips from previous shows. This may be a snapshot of the transition from the gate to a picture of Anubis. I'm not ruling anything out, but by the style of that picture suggests a title sequence.

Elwe Singollo
June 23rd, 2004, 10:34 PM
Or it could simply be a picture of a portion of the stargate.

Teal'c
June 24th, 2004, 12:21 PM
To me the picture (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/801_02.jpg) looks like a snapshot from the title sequences. In season 6, and 7 we had titles with pictures of the Stargate spinning and then fades to clips from previous shows. This may be a snapshot of the transition from the gate to a picture of Anubis. I'm not ruling anything out, but by the style of that picture suggests a title sequence.
It's not a snapshot! Notice the "Shane Harvey / SCI FI Channel" It's a pho-to-graph! It's not Anubis, you can't have a visual effect in a photograph! :P

Daniel Jackson
July 25th, 2004, 09:14 PM
YES

Anubis is still alive!

Daniel gets to take on Anubis in a Daniel episode? Thas the best Daniels news since he descended and rejoined SG-1! :D

Metonic
July 25th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Since Anubis is trapped on an Iceplanet then mayber he can turn the ice into a force field type thign so he can dial to another planet.

Torley
July 25th, 2004, 10:30 PM
SPOILERS FOR LOCKDOWN:

Yeah... we can assume that Anubis must find a new forcefield to constrain his body back to "human-like" proportions so David Palffy can play him again. Hey, I wonder -- does he need a special voice box in order to speak too? The reason I ask is because the malevolent cloud of evil, immaterial as it may be, is Anubis, and it was oddly silent ;)

Anubis
July 26th, 2004, 12:58 AM
I'm sure Anubis will survive his fate from Lockdown, whatever happens. If he can survive that massive blast then he can certainly survive this!

Ancient 1
August 6th, 2004, 05:51 PM
spoilers for 803 - Lockdown

Anubis has taken over Daniel and that Russian guy.

:D But only for a time; now he's stuck on the ice planet Hath from StarWars~Empire Strikes Back :cool: "Chilly." O'neill...Lockdown.

Andy867
August 7th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Well, apparently from what someone had said in a quote from J Mallozzi, Daniel Jackson and Anubis will have some kind of confrontation near the end of the season (supposedly) now I do not know if this is canon or not.

Supreme Commander Thor
August 7th, 2004, 10:56 PM
yeah, there is no way he is dead yet... he aint going out that easy... may be held up for a while... but he will be back.... just like the replicators...

Anubis
August 8th, 2004, 01:11 AM
I've got to say, Anubis just doesn't want to die. I'm glad he doesn't (obiously). But this final battle will be interesting to watch. Who wins, and who doesn't. I think the only thing about the whole eepisode I don't want to be spoiled about is who wins! I want to find out myself!

Ugly Pig
August 8th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I think the only thing about the whole eepisode I don't want to be spoiled about is who wins!
I can take a guess... :p

furry
August 8th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Spoiler

Anubis is alive. And he will return at the end of the season to wreck major havoc upon the entire galaxy. Apparently Oma was the one that "helped" Anubis ascend thousands of years ago. Maybe Anubis and Oma had something going on between the two of them? ;) Anubis' host could have been an Ancient whom Oma was in love with. Became critically ill, Anubis took over his body. Oma couldn't give up on her lover, helped him ascend. Then the others found out and forced Anubis to un-ascend. Oma's punishment was exile. Sounds plausible.

Andy867
August 8th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Sounds more like a fandom wish for an Oma/Anubis shipper video!!!:)

furry
August 8th, 2004, 09:43 PM
I was really hoping for a Daniel Osiris shipper.

But alas, the actress that plays Osiris wont be returning.

Supreme Commander Thor
August 8th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Sounds more like a fandom wish for an Oma/Anubis shipper video!!!:)
Now that would be trippy... The ultimate good shacking up with the ultimate evil... what would their kids be like? HAHAHHAHAH

Supreme Commander Thor
August 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM

Don't say that!!! She was a robo-babe... she was magically babe-licious!!

Anubis
August 9th, 2004, 01:44 AM
I can take a guess... :p

Yeah, I think it's gonna be pretty darn obvious!

Erik Pasternak
August 9th, 2004, 01:53 AM

Unless there's a season nine, in which case I can almost assure you that she will.

Anubis
August 9th, 2004, 02:58 AM
A Daniel/Sarah shipper more like. I doubt that Daniel would want a releationship with a symbiote! lol