This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that bugs me about Atlantis.

We've seen a few times now that many people in pegasus do not believe that our race- the humans from earth- are descended from the ancients. That's fair enough, I mean they have limited knowledge of the universe and fairly strong beliefs. But three instances I can think of off hand:

1. That tall Athosian guy saying to Teyla ''They are not the ancestors, no matter how much you want them to be''

2. Kolya in the Storm ''You are not even from this galaxy- and yet you belive you are closer to the ancients than we are?''

3. That whole bit at the end of 'The Brotherhood'- ''You live in the city of the ancestors, but you are not them''.

So when they say stuff like this, why do the Atlantis team members not inform them that the ancients left pegasus and went back to earth where they mingled with our population- hence why some have the gene.
    The ancients seeded life in Pegasus, but they were a part of that life on earth. If people explained that, they would have probably got that ZPM.

Probably b.c they have no physical proof to prove what they are saying, and given that the truth is so out of the realm of what Pegasus people have been brought up believing, they wouldn't believe that even if there was viable evidence ie, the ATA gene.

Comment

Still, wouldn't hurt to try. And it would make them look a lot less arrogant rather than just showing up and taking over all ancient stuff without explanation.

Comment

I agree that it would be better if they would at least try to explain why they are entitled to live in Atlantis and use the technology of the Ancients. Sure, there is no way that they can prove it without explaining first all about genetics and so on, which most of these less developed aliens wouldn't understand anyway, but at least there would be a chance that some believe them. Maybe if they don't believe in the ATA gene, they would at least see that there is some kind of difference between these special humans and others, as only they are capable to control the Ancient technology.
        O'Neill: You did it, Sam. You won.
        Carter: Wasn't me.
        O'Neill: Oh yes it was. You hung in there, you beat it.
        Carter: The Goa'uld gave its life for me. It saved me.
        Sharush: Selmak is a wonderful Tok'ra. She is selfless and caring, she is good company, she has a wonderful sense of humor.
        Carter: Well, that's good, Dad. You can sit around for hours cracking yourself up.

Comment

I don't remember the episode, but I do believe they did make it clear to Teyla and her brethern that they got to Atlantis via the outpost in Antartica which was built by the Ancients. Plus Teyla knows that Shep and few others have the Ancient gene so they can fly the puddle jumpers and use the chair. I think they are fully aware of our Ancient/Earth connection.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

They could try to explain, but ofcourse trying to explain how we have some ancient DNA might be a little over their heads.
            sigpic

Comment

Well not going into the genetics. Just saying that the ancients returned to earth and ''mingled'' with the humans there.

Comment

But they arn't the Ancients. They are human, even those with the Ancient gene. It's like you have a cat who mates with a bobcat, that kitten mates with a cat, that kitten mates with a cat, etc for 100 generations. That cat who is born is not considered a bobcat even though 100 generations ago it has an ancestor who was a bobcat. The same thing works with the humans from earth.
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

They're not the ancients- but they are the descendants of the ancients. Which is the point I'm trying to make. If they just told people the ancients returned to earth and mixed with humans then maybe people would understand.

Comment

The bugs lol lol lol lol That is really funny.

Comment

I believe that most of the time the quotes are not directed at humans being genetically different to Ancients but that the way the humans live and interact with the people in Pegasus is much different than the way the Ancients used to. At least that makes more sense because they can obviously prove they are decended from the ancients.
                      Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Yeah but now the Wraith are also in the mix. So this adds a new complication to the mix. Now the natives might want a savior. Like the Ancient Hebrews. they wanted someone to destroy the evil resheem of the Wraith.

Comment

Well if we aren't high and mighty....
                          IamdumbbutIwanttobespecial

Sorry for the sarcasm, I am prepared to be called immature, juvinile and retarted for what must seem like some idiots ramblings.

"Carter tried to seduce me."
                          "You poor man"

"No no no no, he just doesn't like going through the Stargate."
                          "He's worse than Dr. McCoy."
                          "Who?"
                          "The character that Dr. Beckett plays in real life."

Comment

Anyway Atlantis was left for us, and preserved for us. After the events of Before I sleep, shows that basicially Atlantis was left with the knowledge that we would be returning.

Comment

Working...
                            X