This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for season two

so what does everyone think will happen/want to happen/should happen in season 2? as of the end of the first season they had found kobol already which personally i think is a good move because it keeps the storyline moving and changing instead of getting stuck in one storyline like ST:Voyager. supposedly the location of earth is hidden on kobol, but i dont think it should be that easy. i think kobol should have a clue to where earth is (if starbuck makes it back with the arrow) and the next part of the major arc would be deciphering what the clue means and finding the next clue. i think it might be interesting for them to retain control of kobol and find some ancient technology or secret to stave of the cylons for a time and let them stay at kobol for a while and regroup and recollect themselves.

I'd like for them to stay at Kobol for a while too. Maybe have them treat it like a homebase of sorts for the fleet while the search continues on the surface for the Tomb of Athena.

One story idea I had was that all of a sudden another fleet of Colonial survivors would Jump into Kobol's orbit, and then another. Then finally all the fleets join up and the commanders realize that even though each fleet thought it was alone, and each fleet started off going in a different direction, they all were herded to Kobol by the Cylons.
    MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

One would suspect that the RTF would stay at Kobol for the entire season if not into season 3. There aren't that many habitable planets around and they would need to convert ships to start growing food and raising edible animals. That means they will have to stay at Kobol long enough to gather the food and raw materials plus make any repairs to the ships before moving on. Even if/when Starbuck makes it back to the fleet, they still have to find the "Temple/Tomb of Athena" or the "Arrow of Apollo" is useless. It's like having a key but no lock to use it on. Then somebody has to make a decision or the Cylons force the RTF to continue their quest to find Earth or another habitable planet to call home. One would think the directions to Earth is just a general direction the 13th tribe first took with no real coordinates for its location. Nobody from the 13th tribe ever came back to tell anybody where Earth is anyways. That would bring up a lot of questions whether or not to try to retrace their steps with all the unknowns. The RTF could be wandering from solar system to solar system for years. Just look at how many stars that are within 12.5 light years from Earth:
      http://anzwers.org/free/universe/12lys.html
      One would have to zig zag to all of them to make sure they didn't miss Earth or clues to where the 13th tribe made a pitstop at and then work outwards.

In any case, it may take RDM and the writers a couple of seasons to resolve all the loose ends they created in the season 1 ending cliffhanger.
      It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I think season 2 would probably see the fleet hanging around Kobol for the most part. I agree that there are probably too many loose threads for the writers to neatly tie up and then move the fleet away from Kobol. Realistically, unless the Cylon launch a full on attack on Kobol, BSG will probably hang around there for awhile. Do I anticipate a Cylon attack on Kobol at some point (during the second half of season 2 or even the season finale), yes. I also think that some people will wind up staying in Kobol and be separated from the rest of the fleet (barring a complete destruction of Kobol). Apparently Kobol is quite a mythical place for the humans and the cylons in the BSG universe, plenty of story lines would probably involve the exploration of the planet.

Season one deal with dual storyline (Helo on Caprica and everyone else in the fleet) pretty well. It appears that the first third or more of season 2 will involve three storylines: Kobol ground crew (Baltar, Chief Tyrol, Cally, Crash, Syronius, and one or two more people), BSG, and Caprica (Starbuck, Helo, the other Sharon). I do hope that it won't feel like forever before all the storylines recombines.
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Working...
        X