This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harry Mayborn

Anyone think we will see or old friend harry this season. For some reason I just don't see him sitting on one planet for the rest of his life. Escpecially when he knows so much about the stargate network. For some reason I can just see him establishing some for of intergalactic trading company among the transplanted humans. I know I would.

Or worst yet trading with the unus. guango's for nauguaddah.
    Why is it every time I gate to P3X-797 my bags always end up on P3X-888.

i think it is the end of harry maybourne because usually is dealt with O'neil so i think we wont be seeing him again.
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

im unsure is RDA out for good? if he is then it wouln't work but harrry maybourn could be a character that could bring back O'neill for a one off episode with the 2 of them together, the chemesty is brilliant and without O'neill harry wouldn't have the same presence on screen.
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

It wouldn't suprise me to see him pop up again. I like Mayborn, he is one of those characters that is a good guy/bad guy mix and that makes him fun.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
          i think it is the end of harry maybourne because usually is dealt with O'neil so i think we wont be seeing him again.
          I agree completey with Oragans, Maybourne usually involved O'Neill cos they had the best developement together so...most likely not!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

They should still do that "You ain't Jack." story that they were considering with the O'Neill clone and Harry... Personally, I would really be amused if that in this season they really need Jack for, let's say knowledge only he acquired sometime between season 1- S7's Fragile Balance, and they can't get in touch with them, so they have to turn to the clone...

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
              It wouldn't suprise me to see him pop up again. I like Mayborn, he is one of those characters that is a good guy/bad guy mix and that makes him fun.
              It sure would surprise me. When the character of Maybourne (see spelling ) was first introduced, he was portrayed as "bad". As his character developed, we slowly began to see another side of him, so he became half and half. Eventually, we see the full realization of Harry, in It's Good To Be the King, as "good". However, in all of the episodes, except maybe for Foothold, Maybourne "played" off Jack. Without Jack, there wouldn't be the same chemistry....so no Jack, no Maybourne.

Just my opinion.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                . Without Jack, there wouldn't be the same chemistry....so no Jack, no Maybourne.

Just my opinion.

Thats right, it would be interesting to see an episode between harry n junior jack though!
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yep, but the problem there is, Jack jr. has grown in the last few years....and even though the young actor got all Jack's mannerism's right on the head, I don't think it would work.....as we would expect to see a "real" young Jack, not an actor playing him.

Good idea though.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I think Michael Welch could pull it off (and sadly, he now has the time), but I agree that there would have to be Jack in some form for a Maybourne story to work. While other's have gotten good lines (the idiot every day of the week, hee), Jack and Maybourne can play off each other for an entire episode, easy.
                    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Daniel: Oh! You see?
                    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Without Jack, there wouldn't be the same chemistry....so no Jack, no Maybourne
                      Alas yes - although there were some nice little sparks between Daniel and Harry in 'It's good to be King' (remember the guango?), the real history is between Harry and Jack, and that led to some of their best encounters.

There's also the problem of 'what would be the point?'. After all, we reached a sort of resolution of Harry Maybourne's story during Season 8 when he decided to stay on his adopted planet.

He has no means of getting off his new homeworld because he has no GDO and the puddle-jumper was requisitioned by the USAF. There's also no pressing reason for SG1 to go back there. Sadly, there is no reason to give us more of Harry Maybourne. Which is a shame, really. I rather liked the (now reformed) smug git, myself.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, but the problem there is, Jack jr. has grown in the last few years....and even though the young actor got all Jack's mannerism's right on the head, I don't think it would work.....as we would expect to see a "real" young Jack, not an actor playing him.

Good idea though.
                        Except that there were genetic differences between JJ and Jack. Thor corrected them so he would age normally, but that doesn't mean that they are genetically identical any more. It is possible - indeed probable - that the corrections Thor introduced differentiated them enough that JJ won't age like young Jack did.

Comment

You can never tell with Maybourne. He is a survivor. He might just pop up any time even with Jack. But being an RDA fan, I would like RDA to be back with Maybourne for they do good work together

Comment

Personally, I like Maybourne, but I think the story character has been in enough episodes, so I think they should have him in a (possible) S10 episode and they should end in the episode in such a way that you know he will not come back

Comment

TV characters live Maybourne normally have longevity. Maybe we can have Maybourne in an ep and eluding to Oniell's whereabouts. And that cloak and danger kind of thing. Oneill and Maybourne have that mutual respect for each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X