Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 9 probably the end of SG1, but would you like a tv movie or theatrical release

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 9 probably the end of SG1, but would you like a tv movie or theatrical release

So this is definately the end of sg1 with season 9. And the dillema has come out. Would you rather have a tv movie *dvd* or a huge big screen theatrical release? I would personally like a big screen theatrical release with a huge budget. It would be great to see stargate cammand fleshed out a bit more, and give it a more bigger view. Or wouldnt it be great to see a huge gould warship, but this time fully cgi and giving it a more realistic quality. I hope the powers at stargate decide to go with a huge big budget stargate movie. I understand the controversy, with the semi failure of some scifi shows to make a move onto the big screen, but I think stargate would definately work. Remember stargate was originally a movie that made a move to tv. What kind of storyline would you guys want, a return of Ra *somehow* storyline, a new big bad, or a huge they got to save earth storyline. Looking forward to some great ideas.

What makes you believe it's the end? According to Joe Mazzolli posting here yesterday, the hope is for another 2 or 3 seasons... of course this depends on ratings/scifi channel etc, but I see no reason to assume that they have finished telling Stargate stories.

Joe Mazzolli wrote:
    Ideally, we'll have a couple of more seasons in which to explore and ultimately wrap up these new storylines.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
      What makes you believe it's the end? According to Joe Mazzolli posting here yesterday, the hope is for another 2 or 3 seasons... of course this depends on ratings/scifi channel etc, but I see no reason to assume that they have finished telling Stargate stories.
      I agree. Why would TPTB bring in so many new characters and a brand spanking new enemy for just one season?

Comment

No Movie....not now......no Star Trek syndrome......and no sequels like Star Wars.....over and over....... No SG1 Happy meal tie in's!!!!!!

(Video game OKay though....but no action figures or stuffed furry Goaulds!!!)

Keep SG1 cool.........not goofy......
        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

First off, SG-1 will likely have a season 10 and maybe even beyond. Second, the return of Ra...BAD IDEA!!!! The people behind SG-1 and the people behind the movie are DIFFERENT!! If they made a movie, I would want something that was in conjunction with the series, maybe something involving Atlantis.
          Rocky

Comment

Is there any reason why you aren't more concise in your thread titles? "Post season 9- possibilities?" or even "Movies after season 9?"

Anyway, they're gonna drag the dead carcass of SG-1 around the TV for a few more years, methinks. Personally, I think they missed their chance for a decent movie a few years ago. Their chances for a successful movie (TV, no way they'd float a theatrical release) are pretty much slim to none at this point. My opinion, of course, but too much has changed now and even with the rumors of setting the movie in an earlier season would be kinda dodgy, and I'm guessing they're pushing their luck with RDA as it is.

However, if they DID manage to pull off a movie, I'm not sure I'd watch.

Atlantis, on the other hand...

Comment

I was against a season eight when I heard they where going into production and at the start I was against a season nine. But I really hope they do a season ten, just so it can reach it's 200 episode.

As for movies I think after season ten plus 2 years (2009) would be a great time to do a movie. But I don't want them doing movie after movie like Star Trek.

No Movie....not now......no Star Trek syndrome......and no sequels like Star Wars.....over and over....... No SG1 Happy meal tie in's!!!!!! ~dec55
              BTW the Star Wars movies are a Saga so they have to do Episodes 1, 2, 3 to finish off that saga and another thing there prequels not sequels .

Comment

i think a season 10 will be amazing.
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

a movie on the big screen is a bad idea i agree with the other posts, it would end up like startrek old used and well lets face it boring! a tv movie could work but eventually sg1 will have to bow down gracefully and allow atlantis to step in and take over.
                  as for seson 10 its sound, season 9 has created a whole new feel to the show and to cut it off after season 9 would be foolish if they can manage to wrap things up by the end of season 10 then there would be no reason to carry on and so it would end leaving the veiwers and fans with a nice taste in their mouths.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Yeah, firstly I doubt season 9 will be the end. And secondly, I doubt a big screen movie would work out. There's too many established stories in Stargate, so much so that if they wanted the movie to appeal to the general public (not just Stargate viewers) they would have to make it completely unrelated to the rest of the series.

Comment

the fact that stargate takes place in the here and now there are countless thing one could do with a show like this, it could take a more X-files spin or a star wars/startrek spin with so many story lines that could go with it, it could last for many years with so many spin offs.
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I'd love sum more seasons, as for a movie i no too sure on the idea but I would love to see wot they culd do with a much bigger budget.

Comment

I believe Stargate SG-1 has at least 10 seasons in it... perhaps more. A TV movie might be cool, but if they did it right, a Theatrical release could be a good thing. RDA is one of the Executive producers of SG1, he's just cut back on acting to spend more time with his kid. He might agree to do a movie especially if they did it somewhere he could remain with his kid a lot. (like in LA... ) I honestly don't know what RDA would be agreeable to doing, but I suppose that is a question for someone to ask. It also might just be a question of timing.

Back to my original point, Stargate isn't dead yet... SG-1 has sticking power I believe, even without RDA (as much as I love him). They've been around long enough for MS, AT, and CJ along with the new BB to carry it further along. I think it could find a new life brought into it. In a way, SG-1 is really only in its 4th season. The first 5 seasons were on Showtime as high-priced channel that a lot of people didn't watch. Now that they are on Sci-Fi channel, a lot of new people have discovered it. That is why fanship has been growing in the U.S. so much recently. Many new fans are seeing Stargate for the first time, so it is sort of new to them. That 'fluke' in circumstances give SG-1 a show-life to watch out for. I'm for SG-1 for as long as they can stay alive.

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Hm. Well. I don't know how I feel about season 10 just yet. IF season 9 is good and the cast and crew feel they want to tell more stories, then by all means, yes I would love a season 10. We'll just see how 9 goes first (which, I was quite skeptical at first but the more I hear the more excited I get about it)

As for a movie. ONLY if they have an awesome story, and ONLY if RDA would be in it. What would a Stargate movie be without RDA?
                            Daniel:Nyet
                            Jack: Daniel?
                            Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                            Jack: Nyet???

Comment

Honestly, I would love to see Stargate just keep going and going for as long as they can realistically do it. I have enjoyed this show for a few years now, and I would hate to see it go. The stargate is a great plot device. There are almost infinite possibilities, which is what I love about the show.
                              With Rick leaving, I'm as hesitant as anyone, but I do trust in Ben Browder and the crew of SG1. He was amazing in Farscape and I'm sure that he'll be great as a member of SG1. And I think with the current cast, SG1 could go on another few years. In my opinion, Ben also has a great handle on the rythms that Rick always talks about when he talks about working with Michael. Personally, I really am looking forward to Ben being on SG1.

Comment

Working...
                              X