This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weir, Elizabeth

I was watching sg1 today at midnight... and saw Dr. WEIR was a blond and a different person from the Weir on Atlantis? How did I not see this before... strange does any one know why they changed people the first Weir was in like 2 episodes.. Then they changed strange..
    steelcage Desigsns

Originally posted by steelcage
    I was watching sg1 today at midnight... and saw Dr. WEIR was a blond and a different person from the Weir on Atlantis? How did I not see this before... strange does any one know why they changed people the first Weir was in like 2 episodes.. Then they changed strange..

I said that to my sister. I said, they knew they were going to spin off right? I mean the spin off came right after Lost city right? You'd think that close together they'd have the same person. I still don't get it.

Comment

I'm not sure either but it could have been as simple as the actress changing her mind about taking the role, scheduling problems for the actress, or even difficulty in terms of interaction w/the actress. I bet somone in the great big GW knows!
      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

There's many a thread on this topic. I think it's been said that TPTB weren't convinced JS could carry the main lead and they were looking for something different. But it's very unlikely that we'll ever find out the true reasons

Comment

Judging from the vast differences between Jessica Steen's performance and Torri Higginson's, as well as the fact that Torri found out she was the second actress after she had started filming, it's likely that TPTB decided that they weren't getting what they wanted from Jessica Steen, especially since Steen announced that she had been ready to do the series. But this is one of those things that we're probably never going to know for certain.

And as others have said, there have been many, many threads on this in the past.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Yup there have. I for one am really glad that Torri got cast in the role. I think she portrays Elizabeth really well and with a lot of strength and determination. She just fits with the other cast members and has a chemistry with all of them and she's really talented. I can't wait to see what Season 2 has in store.

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              Judging from the vast differences between Jessica Steen's performance and Torri Higginson's, as well as the fact that Torri found out she was the second actress after she had started filming, it's likely that TPTB decided that they weren't getting what they wanted from Jessica Steen, especially since Steen announced that she had been ready to do the series. But this is one of those things that we're probably never going to know for certain.

And as others have said, there have been many, many threads on this in the past.

Actually, I believe that Jessica had other *ponders for the right word* commitments and did not want to take SGA as a full term role and I don't think that it's due to the fact that TPTB felt that they weren't getting enough from her. *Shrugs* the reason for Ms. Steen leaving will never be known, unless she's asked.

We'd only seen Jessica as "Weir" in two episodes I thought she was played her quite well and we've seen Torri in 20 episodes....*shrugs* there are those whom perfer Jessica to Torri and vice a versa. Me? I mean no dis-respect towards Jessica, as I've seen some of her work....but I for one am happier that Torri was her replacement for "Weir"

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Steen announced through her agent that she had no idea why she'd been dropped. The statement said that she was more than ready to do the spinoff, but that TPTB decided to recast. But as I said, we'll probably never know exactly what happened.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                  Steen announced through her agent that she had no idea why she'd been dropped. The statement said that she was more than ready to do the spinoff, but that TPTB decided to recast. But as I said, we'll probably never know exactly what happened.
                  Really? Ah, TPTB and their ways *coughs* *Charmed* *add a lot of help from a certain actress* *coughs* and then before you know it an actress, as been dropped.

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Working...
                  X