X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Those publicity people at Sci-fi are going all out

But seriously...I wonder why there wasn't any of those satellite pictures accompanying this article...
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

I was looking at another article I found about the Lost City of Atlantis and it's connections

http://www.nature.com/nsu/010712/010712-11.html
    __

__

Comment

Hmm.. But doesn't everyone already know that Atlantis isn't currently on Earth?
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Quite right
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
          Hmm.. But doesn't everyone already know that Atlantis isn't currently on Earth?
          I wasn't sure about that, but thanks
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Since you haven't read Atlantis spoilers, there is a lot for you to read
            __

__

Comment

I've got the idea that the stories of the destruction of Atlantis may have been made up to explain its disappearence, when no one who was left behind knew what happened.
              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I hope I am a descendant of those original atlanteans, so when I go there I can use their technology
                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I don't "hope", I know I am. It would explain so many things... hehe

Comment

Of course. I'm pretty sure I recognise Shadow from above the skies
                    __

__

Comment

Well if the government starts initating some new "health" tests using a brand new machine to test your "health", then somethings up.

If you think about it, having the whole continent of Atlantis be transported would somewhat fit into the myths. Where it once was would be covered by water.
                      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

"There was a massive shaking and the ground flew up into the sky."

Cataclysmic explosion, or a city on the move? You tell me.

Comment

You know, speaking of being a descendant of an Atlantean/Ancient certainly would explain a lot, like how at times I could guess the time (correctly, without a watch/clock/cell phone/etc in sight) and it would explain my episodes of Deja vu (though that could be also caused by Nirriti poking around in my room when I wasn't aware of it)
                          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Hmm, that first artical is interesting indeed. That would be quite amazing if it turned out to be the remains of an actual Atlantis.

Being a descendant of an Atlantian is possible for many of us, it was a long time ago that the city supposedly disappeared, you guess how many generation and how many people could have been born form a single Atlantian back then.

This is all assuming there was an Atlantis, I'd like to believe so, but without evidence, I can't say I know there is.

With all the legends and theories surrounding the myth of Atlantis, if it truely were real, I'd like to know if any of the myths were true, and which one.

Comment

Well if Stargate's idea about an advanced group of people (which many Ufologists say is true) then some of us could very well be decendants.

Andy867, I've been having Deja Vu a lot lately....

...either something's up with me, or the Matrix is glitching a lot.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                              X