PDA

View Full Version : Does Ba'al Have Spoilers?

Lord You
June 6th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Does Ba'al Have a New Host?

I think Ba'al has possessed a new host, and that Camulus was Ba'al's old host!

By now, almost everyone has seen the new images from SG-1: Season 8 on Gateworld. In the set of images for Zero Hour, Ba'al seems to be in the debarkation room. Some pictures even show him in fear while looking at the gate.

This situation is unlikely if Ba'al is the main antagonist for this episode. Given Jack O'Neil's history with Ba'al, I doubt he would let the System Lord arrive without being shot.

However, if Ba'al took a new host and the old one somehow survived and escaped (a sarcophagus perhaps), then he would be a valuable asset for the SGC. If Camulus was Ba'al's old host, then it makes perfect sense for O'Neil to grant him asylum on Earth (for the intelligence) and for the System Lord to need him back.

What do you think of this theory?

bcmilco
June 6th, 2004, 07:51 PM
I don't think the theory holds too well. My guess is since Ba'al is holding SG-1 as prisoners that Ba'al traveled to Earth to "negotiate" with Jack for the gou'ald seeking asylum. Ba'al will release SG-1 if Jack will release the gou'ald. SG-1 would aslo be his bargaining chip for his own safty. That's my guess anyway.

Plus I just can't see them changing the great actor that plays Ba'al for someone else.

KorbenDirewolf
June 6th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Could be... But Cliff Simon isn't going to be playing Camulus so they've had to have switched actors as well.

petzke_42
June 6th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Speed holes are far more likely.

shockwave
June 7th, 2004, 01:16 AM
camulus is played by steve basic and is in new order and looks nothing like baal

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 03:50 AM
I don't think that theory will hold. I'm sure ba'al has something cunning planned

Lord You
June 7th, 2004, 07:56 AM
camulus is played by steve basic and is in new order and looks nothing like baal Oh, I forgot. That kinda makes it unlikely, doesn't it? :o

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Very highly unlikley

hooliocah
June 7th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Spoilers for S8
Since Ba'al snatched up Anubis' super soldiers, one could surmise that he grabbed hold of some other technology as well, for instance maybe the holographic technology that Anubis stole from Thor's mind.

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 08:47 AM
It is possible, but I doubt that. All of Anubis' ships were destroyed in the blast so he couldn't take no Ancient tech and there isn't nothing else for him

KorbenDirewolf
June 7th, 2004, 09:08 AM
After all, everyone knows Anubis kept everything on his warships... ;)

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Right. All his weapons, technology and troops are all in ships and since they were all destroyed, nothing for Ba'al

KorbenDirewolf
June 7th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Because he didn't have any planet-based bases, for instance, Tartarus?

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:32 AM
The only thing he had their was his army of super soldiers. And by the way of the episodes, they were dispatched across the galaxy to kill enemies or anyone they come across

KorbenDirewolf
June 7th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Okay, bad example. In Redemption, the rebel Jaffa seemed to have a list of known Anubis-controlled worlds. I think it may be possible that something, probably not a lot, but some little thing, may have been left behind. After all it was only the full force of Anubis' fleet that attacked Earth. There are a few things that aren't part of a fleet by any standards. Scientists like Thoth, for example.

Beckmen
June 7th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I am sure Baal was able to abosrb not only Anubis' territory but tech as well.

And Jack's history with Baal would make a good charecter arc for Jack. Having to put aside his hatred for Baal for the greater good of Earth and all that. Stuff like that that he would HAVE to do now being the General of the SGC.

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Yes, that would be good character development, Jack being the better man :)

Calicto
June 8th, 2004, 06:18 AM
I dont like this one bit.

Why would one, with enough common sense, arrive at a hostile world to negotiate for a flag-unit team. At any one moment, one of the commanders could say "SCREW SG-1!, We have a chance to kill the strongest SNAKE-HEAD at the momment"...

Baal doesnt know that they wouldnt do that because SG-1 means alot to them. Baal should know that certain Goa'uld System Lords wouldnt mind killing an archenemy in return for the death of their first prime... so shouldnt he take this in to consideration? that SGC might just rather kill him than getting back a team?

The only things that could redeem this notion are the following.

1. Baal appears in a holographm as Anubis had done previously. It was stated that Baal had accessed most of Anubis's technology and it seems very plausible that he would appear as a holograhm instead of person.

2. Baal has a kickass hand device with him and an upgraded personal shield (like Aris Boch). Then, he would be safe unless they poisoned him with radiation....

Option 1 seems most plausible.

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 06:21 AM
I dont like this one bit.

Why would one, with enough common sense, arrive at a hostile world to negotiate for a flag-unit team. At any one moment, one of the commanders could say "SCREW SG-1!, We have a chance to kill the strongest SNAKE-HEAD at the momment"...

Baal doesnt know that they wouldnt do that because SG-1 means alot to them. Baal should know that certain Goa'uld System Lords wouldnt mind killing an archenemy in return for the death of their first prime... so shouldnt he take this in to consideration? that SGC might just rather kill him than getting back a team?

The only things that could redeem this notion are the following.

1. Baal appears in a holographm as Anubis had done previously. It was stated that Baal had accessed most of Anubis's technology and it seems very plausible that he would appear as a holograhm instead of person.

2. Baal has a kickass hand device with him and an upgraded personal shield (like Aris Boch). Then, he would be safe unless they poisoned him with radiation....

Option 1 seems most plausible.So, a dart wouldn't even past his shields even?

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 07:05 AM
I think option one is highly likely. Wehere as option two seems weird and never really going to happen

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I also think option 1 is a good idea, but option 2 is... well its already been said so i wont' repeat :)

KorbenDirewolf
June 8th, 2004, 04:45 PM
hmm.. I guess it could be done that way.

Positively Kanyon
June 8th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Well if you look closely at the spoiler images for "Zero Hour" you can see that Ba'al is in the gateroom and so are armed guards and so is General O'Neill. The conclusion I came to is that Ba'al is appearing as a hologram otherwise I think the SGC would have gone all out in trying to take him down. See how calm and collected he looks?

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:45 PM
I think all system lords act 'calm' and such, but yah your right, it maybe a hallucination :)

bcmilco
June 9th, 2004, 12:09 AM
s/he said hologram not hallucination. And I think that's another good possibility.

Elwe Singollo
June 9th, 2004, 09:14 AM
My bad bcm :)