X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Ba'al Have Spoilers?

Does Ba'al Have a New Host?

I think Ba'al has possessed a new host, and that Camulus was Ba'al's old host!

By now, almost everyone has seen the new images from SG-1: Season 8 on Gateworld. In the set of images for Zero Hour, Ba'al seems to be in the debarkation room. Some pictures even show him in fear while looking at the gate.

This situation is unlikely if Ba'al is the main antagonist for this episode. Given Jack O'Neil's history with Ba'al, I doubt he would let the System Lord arrive without being shot.

However, if Ba'al took a new host and the old one somehow survived and escaped (a sarcophagus perhaps), then he would be a valuable asset for the SGC. If Camulus was Ba'al's old host, then it makes perfect sense for O'Neil to grant him asylum on Earth (for the intelligence) and for the System Lord to need him back.

What do you think of this theory?
    Last edited by Lord You; 06 June 2004, 07:36 PM. Reason: Remove title spoilers

I don't think the theory holds too well. My guess is since Ba'al is holding SG-1 as prisoners that Ba'al traveled to Earth to "negotiate" with Jack for the gou'ald seeking asylum. Ba'al will release SG-1 if Jack will release the gou'ald. SG-1 would aslo be his bargaining chip for his own safty. That's my guess anyway.

Plus I just can't see them changing the great actor that plays Ba'al for someone else.
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Could be... But Cliff Simon isn't going to be playing Camulus so they've had to have switched actors as well.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Speed holes are far more likely.
        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

camulus is played by steve basic and is in new order and looks nothing like baal

Comment

I don't think that theory will hold. I'm sure ba'al has something cunning planned
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
              camulus is played by steve basic and is in new order and looks nothing like baal
              Oh, I forgot. That kinda makes it unlikely, doesn't it?

Comment

Very highly unlikley
                __

__

Comment

Spoilers for S8
                  Since Ba'al snatched up Anubis' super soldiers, one could surmise that he grabbed hold of some other technology as well, for instance maybe the holographic technology that Anubis stole from Thor's mind.

Comment

It is possible, but I doubt that. All of Anubis' ships were destroyed in the blast so he couldn't take no Ancient tech and there isn't nothing else for him
                    __

__

Comment

After all, everyone knows Anubis kept everything on his warships...
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Right. All his weapons, technology and troops are all in ships and since they were all destroyed, nothing for Ba'al
                        __

__

Comment

Because he didn't have any planet-based bases, for instance, Tartarus?

Comment

The only thing he had their was his army of super soldiers. And by the way of the episodes, they were dispatched across the galaxy to kill enemies or anyone they come across
                            __

__

Comment

Okay, bad example. In Redemption, the rebel Jaffa seemed to have a list of known Anubis-controlled worlds. I think it may be possible that something, probably not a lot, but some little thing, may have been left behind. After all it was only the full force of Anubis' fleet that attacked Earth. There are a few things that aren't part of a fleet by any standards. Scientists like Thoth, for example.

Comment

Working...
                              X