Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    Pre-ordered on Amazon UK - might not get there on the day but then I'm happy to save a bit of money. Ordered it months ago as part of an order with free delivery and then because its so long they sent the rest of the order for free first and yet I still get free delivery! Yay. I'm pretty happy to wait a few extra days to save a bit of money, I usually never buy hardcover editions of books because of the cost but I make an exception for Harry Potter books.
    Amazon! (spits over shoulder and mutters naughty words)

I used to work for them at their distribution centre in Gourock. I got paid off when my contract ended in late January, and was assured I'd be called back "When things picked up." - for the record, I'm still waiting...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I will probably just wait until July 16 since around here there seems to be A LOT of copies on the shelves, even in the afternoon hours...so I have a good chance in getting it on that day
      sigpic

Comment

I'm going at midnight! w00t! So much fun! I did it for the 5th one too. Lots of cool free stuff
        Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeee!
          sigpic

Comment

getting mine at midnight to at our local Borders Book store

Comment

So does anyone have any thoughts on what Book 6 is about? Or do you prefer not to speculate and just read them?

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                I'm going at midnight! w00t! So much fun! I did it for the 5th one too. Lots of cool free stuff
                Bah, young people! I dunno where you get your energy from...

I'll no doubt drag my carcass out of bed at a more sensible hour - 1030hrs for example - and toddle on over when all the fuss has died down.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  So does anyone have any thoughts on what Book 6 is about? Or do you prefer not to speculate and just read them?
                  I like the speculation - have you read any editorials at http://www.mugglenet.com? They're really interesting.

As for me, I'm thinking there's going to be at least one death in HBP. I don't want to say who, but I'll say that one the theories I find most interesting is that one of the twins will die. I'm worried about Dumbledore too - he obviously plays an integral part in the next book, judging by the covers. But do you think it'll be his last book?

I really don't want another showdown with Voldemort in this book. I wouldn't mind a duel with some Death Eaters, but I'd like it to be POA-esque in that it reveals more about the past rather than only furthering Harry's story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                    I like the speculation - have you read any editorials at http://www.mugglenet.com? They're really interesting.

As for me, I'm thinking there's going to be at least one death in HBP. I don't want to say who, but I'll say that one the theories I find most interesting is that one of the twins will die. I'm worried about Dumbledore too - he obviously plays an integral part in the next book, judging by the covers. But do you think it'll be his last book?

I really don't want another showdown with Voldemort in this book. I wouldn't mind a duel with some Death Eaters, but I'd like it to be POA-esque in that it reveals more about the past rather than only furthering Harry's story.
                    That reminds me - does anyone know where to find a Harry Potter timeline/chronology?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                      That reminds me - does anyone know where to find a Harry Potter timeline/chronology?
                      http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/...ine_intro.html

It's not laid out like a timeline, but it's pretty comprehensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                        http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/...ine_intro.html

It's not laid out like a timeline, but it's pretty comprehensive.
                        Thanks.

Now then, children a question - which is stronger? Magic, or technology?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll no doubt drag my carcass out of bed at a more sensible hour - 1030hrs for example - and toddle on over when all the fuss has died down.
                          hahaha! Don't worry, I'll come wheel you in to the store in your wheelchair *runs* I jest! I jest!!!

The 5th book I read until 6am when I was forced into sleeping, woke up 5 hours later and finished the rest.

I am forever trying to figure out who the half-blood prince is, but I assume it will be someone who we have not met
                          Citizen of Braneville

Comment

argh! must bump this thread to page 1

another random question:

what job would you like to have in the HP world?
                            sigpic

Comment

You're my kind of person Brutak.

Comment

Mine's coming from Amazon too- can't wait to read it! Was going to order through play but went with amazon in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X