Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

Yay a harry potter thread! I love love love the books, my cousin gave me it to read cause he thought i would love it, he was 10 at the time!lol. Anyway i got hooked on it then. My favourite book is the third, but the fifth is well on its way up the chart.

Loved the third movie, hermionie hitting malfoy was fab!

Im really looking forward to the next book, JK said that one of the main characters is going to be killed off, hope its not one of the trio! hope its out next year dont think i could wait any longer! I read book five in a day and a half, i was really sad the book shop opened at 8 i was there for 8:30 got it and started reading it, i couldnt put it down read till about 11:30 and then picked it up the day after. me and my cousin were having a bet who could read it the fastest aswell.

Well ive made myself look really sad havent i!lol im a geek to the core!

Well hope everyone is ok and hope you are all having good days.

gilly
    Gillian x x x x

Yeah Sure You Betcha

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls the next installemnt of Harry Potter will be coming out 16 July 2005. My source is my web's home page.

Comment

Here is a thread for all you HP fans out there....so post pics, discuss the books, discuss the movies, etc. But remember one thing...SNAPE ROCKS!!! and SLYTHERIN PRIDE!!
        sigpic

Comment

Yes! *bows to the master* indeed Slytherin's do rock! I love Harry Potter and I cannot WAIT until July!
          Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Just saw the GOF movie trailer yesterday...WoooHooo! The dragons looks pretty good and all the boys are sporting longish hair-rather cute
            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Yeah Im really excited about that too!! Looks good!!!

If anyone likes that sort of thing, I'm part of a HP-zine, and the first issue is ready soon (I designed the cover w00tw00t haha) It's via-snail mail. ITS WAY COOL!! haha

Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Weeeeee! Cool Juli, I can't wait to see it...post it here if you can. The 4th movie is gonna rock! Book six is gonna rock too! I heard that in the 4th movie, it is nothing but action after action....woohoo! I just hope movie 5 is just as good...I can't wait for that one so we can all see the Occulmency lessons and Snapes worst memory!

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know if the three main actors will be doing all the movies? Can't wait for the book. Harry Potter is the only books that our whole family ever read.

Comment

My kids and I were watching PoA just a while ago...

Comment

okay.... here i am
                      sigpic

Comment

welcome welcome
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember the first book we had we bought from England because it had not arrived in the US as yet. And her last book, "Order of the Phoenix" we have 4 copies. One is in audio form, one book for youngest daughter going to camp, one book for daughter in UK and the last book hubby and I had to share. Will most probably be doing the same thing this year. In fact we preordered already for the midnight release.
                          By the way the words are not exactly the same for the US/UK books.

Comment

I should have known you'd be the one too start this thread P_M. Slytherin is great but I have toadmit i'm probably Ravenclaw (though Snape is great )
                            Can't believe there wasn't one already, surely there are more HP fans around?

I'm so happy we get the new book, might have to reread the others to prepare. Plus I'm quite happy at the prospect of the new film. PoA was my favourite book and I really liked the film but it didn't translate quite as well as I'm hopnig GoF will - more action. Bring on July 16th, got my book preordered since about February or something like that.

Comment

Which class do you guys thing you'll end up in if you went to Hogwarts?
                              I'd probably be in Ravenclaw since I'm quite alot like Hermione

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Whooo! Finally, a HP thread. Did anyone see the comma mistake on the GOF teaser poster?

Thankfully enough grammar freaks complained, and they corrected it.

Comment

Working...
                                X