Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purpleyin
    The RAM or the cpu load? Because if it's CPU its hogging then you can in winxp set the program to be low priority for that.
    Nope, its the RAM

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

What I want to know is.....How do they decided who, with both muggle-born parents, is a witch/wizard?

Comment

Thanks for that, Purps. Very interesting. And who says you don't learn stuff from reading Harry Potter books?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I wondered about that too, Greytop, I mean if you are born to two Muggle parents...how do you become a witch/wizard?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
            I wondered about that too, Greytop, I mean if you are born to two Muggle parents...how do you become a witch/wizard?
            Hi everyone ! LOL4JACK told me about this thread so here I am
            I'm a big HP fan like everyone in this thread and I can't wait for the next book

About your question, Hermione's parents are both Muggle, aren't they ? I don't know how she became a witch. Maybe it's a gift or something in the genes
            There are people born from witch/wizard parents who aren't witch/wizard themselves, if I remember well
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Welcome Florence! Glad to see more and more HP fans finding this thread...

And for all you Slytherin likers out there...here are a few pics that I absolutely love and thought that I would share with you

SLYTHERIN PRIDE!!!

sigpic

Comment

Hello, I've always wondered, on Book 1 Harry sees all his family on his mother side... and he recognized them because of their green eyes.... Where are they now? he had to go to live with his Aunt because she was his only relative? what happened with his grandparents? his parents where not that old....

Any ideas?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

I always thought it had something to do with recessive genes

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                    Hello, I've always wondered, on Book 1 Harry sees all his family on his mother side... and he recognized them because of their green eyes.... Where are they now? he had to go to live with his Aunt because she was his only relative? what happened with his grandparents? his parents where not that old....

Any ideas?
                    I've often wondered this, He dad mite not of had any siblings and his mum probly only had aunt petunia so that wuld explain why he went to her but grandparents??? culd be possible that he grandparents are all dead but seems a bit unlikely considering how young he is and how young his parents were, to answer your question I dont know.

Comment

They couldve died fighting Voldermort

sigpic

Comment

Here is a thread for all you HP fans out there....so post pics, discuss the books, discuss the movies, etc. But remember one thing...SNAPE ROCKS!!! and SLYTHERIN PRIDE!!

This is insane!!!!! I love love love love HP only 12 DAYS TILL YEAR 6 and 11 TILL STARGATE its the perfect time for a party!!!!! I am sooooo happy,I can't wait! Between HP and SG, thats pretty much what I spend my days doing - reading HP and watching SG! I'm the biggest geek...I swear it. . . . . But I have to say that I like Severus Snape the most,I don't know whats with everyone and loving Gryffindor? But I am a huge Slytherin Fan! And I hope Voldemort kicks Harry's A$$! -You can count me out of the "GO HARRY" fan club-!!!

Comment

^ you're not alone in that, there's not really much else to do now that Dr Who's finished

sigpic

Comment

why so many ppl thinks "Harry Potter is only for kids" ?

Comment

PM, just read the slytherin graphic "Embrace the snake within" - just makes me think they're infiltrated by Goa'uld. Imagine System lord Voldemort! Oh there's an insane crossoverfic there for sure.

Comment

Actually, Hans, I have seen a Harry Potter/SG-1 fic before...and it was hilarious!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X