Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BritAngie
    I wonder if it's a Prince who's half muggle and half not?

Eeep only a few weeks to go till HP day!
    I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      I was wondering the same thing.
      I guess if this Prince was half muggle (that's presupposong he's a real Prince and not some half muggle half magic dog called Prince ) that would make him a prime target for those who hate mud bloods and we know who hates them the most...

Also just musing...- you know Malfoy's father and co - I wonder how many of their kids are at Hogwarts? And what with Harry and his friends all training up to make themselves more prepared. What if Malfoy and said dark side kids were also doing something the same.. kinda like the next evil generation?

24 days to go!!

Comment

On the subject of names, and apologies to anyone who's already pointed this out, but French girl Fleur Delacour from Goblet of Fire - it's somewhat interesting to note that a direct French to English translation of her name works out as "flower of the heart".
        Now, if that ain't a subtle way of teching kids a second language, I dunno what is...
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was watching Parkinson on Saturday night and Julie Walters was on and she said she wasn't in the next movie. But regardless of her refering to the 4th of 5th movie, Mrs Weasley is through out both of those books. Have any of you heard anything about this?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Sorry if this question has already been posted. I'm new and that's my excuse.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
              Sorry if this question has already been posted. I'm new and that's my excuse.
              Everyone was a newbie once upon a time.

But to answer your question - as far as I'm aware, Julie Walters will not be appearing in the movie version of Goblet of Fire. To my mind, Mrs. Weasley's appearance in the novel is merely an extended cameo, and bearing in mind the producers have a strict running time (2hrs 20mins last I heard) they have to meet, some things have gotta go.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                Everyone was a newbie once upon a time.

But to answer your question - as far as I'm aware, Julie Walters will not be appearing in the movie version of Goblet of Fire. To my mind, Mrs. Weasley's appearance in the novel is merely an extended cameo, and bearing in mind the producers have a strict running time (2hrs 20mins last I heard) they have to meet, some things have gotta go.
                I suppose they just won't have her show up at the school for the final task. Or have her in the beginning for the Quidditch World Cup.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I suppose they just won't have her show up at the school for the final task. Or have her in the beginning for the Quidditch World Cup.
                  If memory serves, Julie Walters is currently appearing in the stage musical version of Acorn Antiques.
                  The reason she was in film one at all was that it was filmed pretty much back-to-back with film two.
                  sigpic

Comment

You're right she is on stage at the moment. I wonder if Bill and Charlie are going to appear in the 4th movie, and if so I wonder what the actors look like? Can't wait to see the ball scene and see what Hermione lookd like.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

You're right she is on stage at the moment. I wonder if Bill and Charlie are going to appear in the 4th movie, and if so I wonder what the actors look like? Can't wait to see the ball scene and see what Hermione lookd like.
                      I'm sure I caught a glimpse of the three kids during the Batman Begins premiere show that was on the other day.
                      There should be some current photos on www.veritaserum.com
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the thread, I'll show it to my daughters tomorrow who will love it and probably stay there for a while. Gotta go now,It's 1am and time for bed.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I've come up with 2 things of what the HBP might be-

1) A prince literally. But that leaves the question of whether he is a muggle prince or a wizard prince. HP is set in the real world, so unless its Prince Charles (which I doubt) its a wizard prince. We havent really been told about them yet, and IMO they probably dont exist.

2) JK didnt mean prince literally, she meant it as a metaphor. In which case it could be anyone and I am at a complete loss.

I'm going for the second one.

And as for the half blood part, there's too many different deffinitions of what that is. Either one of your parents is a muggle, or one of your grandparents is a muggle.

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Your guess is as good as mine MG!
                            sigpic

Comment

I always have you thinkin PM dont I?

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Going back to my Macic Vs. Technology (yeah, yeah - so I'm a techie-buff, big deal). Since one has to concentrate to cast a spell, and since electronics etc. don't work within the grounds of Hogwarts - I wonder what would happen if one were to chuck a couple of CS gas grenades and the odd flashbang into the Slytherin common room?

I'm an evil minded wee so an' so, ain't I?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X