No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh you'd be surprised at how many people have a thing for Snape. And Draco. And Lucius.

Comment

Hmmmm...maybe I should go along with my plan then...what do you guys think??
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, why not! Although if it doesn't take off here, I can recommend a great place full of nutbags where you can post. It's a bit strict with rules though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva
          Oh you'd be surprised at how many people have a thing for Snape. And Draco. And Lucius.
          Draco is too young for me, but Lucius is mighty fine.

Never could get into Sirius Black. Just never was interesting to me - though Rowling has said he was supposed to be very good looking.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I am a HP fan. I have read all the books to date (waiting for the next one to come out), have see all the movies to date.

Comment

Cool, welcome to the thread greytop...feel free to discuss anything HP related...and if you feel you want to put spoilers here...feel welcome...also, feel free to state your opinions here as well, just don't hurt anyones feelings but I think we are all tough here...
              sigpic

Comment

so it looks as if the new book is goin to out sell all the others according to todays papers

Comment

I'm not surprised at hearing that. I just can't wait til July 16th, I'll be going for a run to the nearest bookstore to my house (only about 5mins if I walk) - I don't care if they're more expensive, the next nearest is another few mins walk, time I can't waste! I can't remember, is this book bigger than Order of the Phoenix? I managed to read that in one day (just).

Comment

Originally posted by Nessva
                    I'm not surprised at hearing that. I just can't wait til July 16th, I'll be going for a run to the nearest bookstore to my house (only about 5mins if I walk) - I don't care if they're more expensive, the next nearest is another few mins walk, time I can't waste! I can't remember, is this book bigger than Order of the Phoenix? I managed to read that in one day (just).
                    Unfortunately it isn't I think it was as long as GoF, I cant remember

sigpic
                    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I mite get a bit of backlash for this but i think that Order of the Pheonix was a tad too long, it seemed alot of the stories dragged on a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                        I mite get a bit of backlash for this but i think that Order of the Pheonix was a tad too long, it seemed alot of the stories dragged on a bit.
                        I thought it was stretched a bit as well - but I recently re-read OoTP to remind myself what was going on and found I actually enjoyed it better - picked up a few things I think I missed first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          I thought it was stretched a bit as well - but I recently re-read OoTP to remind myself what was going on and found I actually enjoyed it better - picked up a few things I think I missed first time around.
                          I've read each book several times! I cant seem to read anything else these days. Everything else seems so boring in comparison, and I'm getting sick of re-reading HP too. I cant wait for the 6th one though!

BTW, anyone seen the trailer for GoF? It looks great!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            BTW, anyone seen the trailer for GoF? It looks great!
                            Haven't seen the GOF trailer.

Gotta say I am worried about that film - I thought too much was left out in PoA and that was a much shorter book, and I fear what they are going to leave out this time. Originally there was talk of actually making two films out of GoF but that's didn't sit well with TPTB. The fans want to see a good film while TPTB want to make a lot of money. The two don't always mesh, unfortunately.

Comment

Did any of you folk see the news report about the fella who got nicked by the cops cos he tried to sell a stolen copy of HBP to the press?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't there a similar story of a couple of copies of OotP being left in a field somewhere, and being found by your traditional "man-walking-his-dog"?
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                Haven't seen the GOF trailer.

Gotta say I am worried about that film - I thought too much was left out in PoA and that was a much shorter book, and I fear what they are going to leave out this time. Originally there was talk of actually making two films out of GoF but that's didn't sit well with TPTB. The fans want to see a good film while TPTB want to make a lot of money. The two don't always mesh, unfortunately.
                                I'm getting annoyed with them missing out stuff too, and now with the next few movies where the books are bigger, I just hope they dont miss out too much.
                                Heres the trailer though- http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/har...egobletoffire/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X