Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
    another random question:

what job would you like to have in the HP world?
    Well I wouldn't want to teach but some job involving charms sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
      what job would you like to have in the HP world?
      I would like to be a Potions Mistress or maybe work as an Unspeakable.
      O'Neill: You did it, Sam. You won.
      Carter: Wasn't me.
      O'Neill: Oh yes it was. You hung in there, you beat it.
      Carter: The Goa'uld gave its life for me. It saved me.
      Sharush: Selmak is a wonderful Tok'ra. She is selfless and caring, she is good company, she has a wonderful sense of humor.
      Carter: Well, that's good, Dad. You can sit around for hours cracking yourself up.

Comment

Awsome a HP thread! I was looking through offworld threads yesterday and I guess I missed this one. But anyway I'm a huge fan and have been for quite somtime now and I've read all the books. My fave is POA. I cant wait for HBP to come out. I've heard that the 'half blood prince' is not Voldermort, Harry, or Neville. Thats basically all I know about it. Oh its really cool to know there are other HP fans here.

xxx
        McKay: I'm invulnerable!
        Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
        McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
        My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Well, it appears the name of the character who dies has been leaked.

Originally posted by Mugglenet
          Recently, thousands of £50 bets have been placed on a certain character (who we won't name) dying in HBP. The bets have been placed by residents of Bungay, Suffolk, where the sixth book is being printed. Warren Lush of Ladbrokes said: "We weren't foolish enough to take the bets. There are obviously people out there who have read the manuscripts." Another chain of bookstores said it was "obvious" that a manuscript of HBP had been leaked and read.
          I hope this doesn't become a massive news story, or the name might reach my ears. And I want to remain spoiler-free!

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
            Well, it appears the name of the character who dies has been leaked.

I hope this doesn't become a massive news story, or the name might reach my ears. And I want to remain spoiler-free!
            Me too. I really don't want to know. Last year I got vaguely spoiled, when someone accidentally said the pronoun related to the character who died. Not quite so bad but still... I prefer not to get spoilers on the books and Bungay I actually reasonably close. I remember all the kafuffle last time with the books found in a field.

Comment

Well it's front page of the sun newspaper today so just don't look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                Never read the Sun anyway, and thankfully they don't wrap chips in newspaper anymore so my chances of hearing only stem from random people exclaiming it in the street.

Comment

aha, a harry potter thread,lol i only noticed it now
                  ah,me and my friends are so obsessed with harry potter its actually quite scary, one of my friends (this is no joke) bought a DOUBLE DECKER ROUTEMASTER BUS last year and she is gonig to paint it purple, ah the madness of it all...plus we all have the maurders as nicknames (i'm james potter, prongs ) and we go maudering...but i wont go into that one...

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_envy
                    bought a DOUBLE DECKER ROUTEMASTER BUS last year and she is gonig to paint it purple
                    Someone's seen/read PoA too much. (Was it the only one the bus was in? )

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

So how about discussion of the films?

I've quite enjoyed them all, though PoA I liked it really doesn't compare to the book as my favourite. I think the favourite film for me is CoS, though I hated the bits they missed out/changed in the beginning, my mum was quite confused when we saw it as she's never read the books.

I'm really looking forward to the 4th film, think it might be my faovurite so far possibly, the trailer does look good. Only thing is I like to know who's who and there aren't any pictures for some of the new actors, not on IMDB anyway.

Comment

i prefer the first two films, but i know i'm not really gonig to like the fourth film because they are going to have to cut so much out from the book

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_envy
                          i prefer the first two films, but i know i'm not really gonig to like the fourth film because they are going to have to cut so much out from the book
                          Well people keep saying that but really I think out of all the books the fourth should translate best, with quite a bit of action. I know they said they were cutting out the house elves subplot but that isn't the most important thing and they did check with Rowling on what they cut.

I have high hopes for this film, just because it's longer in word count doesn't mean it'll be a longer film, I'm thinking alot of it is in the description of the action etc and things that you only see briefly on screen but take up quite a bit of a page or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit

Eeeeee been spoiled! Mind you it is all rumour at this point. Not sure what to make of it! I'm still looking forward to the book though whichever way it turns out.

Comment

Ooh, a Harry Potter thread! How did I miss this?

I've got my copy of the next book pre-ordered on Amazon.com. The last book arrived on the release date, despite the fact that I used free shipping and Amazon said they would not guarantee delivery on the release date unless you paid for standard shipping. I got the mail that day, and I had half a mind to lie to my husband and say it hadn't come yet so I could finish it in peace.
                              I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Alrighty then, since none of you lot seem interested...

Magic Vs. Technology - who'd win?

IMO - technology. Why? Well, all the magic in the world isn't going to do you much good against someone sitting on a hill half a mile away with a sniper rifle.
                                Or to paraphrase Agent Smith in The Matrix, "What good is casting a spell if you are unable to speak?"

(Sets proverbial cats among proverbial pigeons, sits back and waits for backlash... )
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X