This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weir off world

Does anyone think Dr. Weir will go off world to other planets in the pegasus galaxy any time this season?

Actually. Martin Gero answered that question and the answer is
    Spoiler:
    yes I think it's the episode called "Condemned" where shep's team get imprisoned and Weir has to go off world. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!) You can read about it at GW under season 2. Personally I am very excited about this and I bet TH is also quite hyped! Imagine being stuck on base all the time.....boooring!
    Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
    :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Weir also went offworld in
      Spoiler:
      The Siege: Part II, she went to the planet Genii and was held captive until she convinced the Genii to loan them some nukes

Be interesting to see her more on screen thoe off world in that season 2 episode.

Comment

She certainly may spend more time offworld next season, and I hope that she does. I think it may depend on
        Spoiler:
        what happends to the command structure of Atlantis. If Caldwell is placed in charge over Weir then she may have more time to go offworld (has any of TPTB confirmed this?). Although it would seem rather odd to see her in combat gear with the team. She would most likely go only if necessary, such as using her negotiation skills in "Condemned". However, I can also see her going to a nice quiet planet for a little R&R either by herself or with the rest of the team (bonding with Teyla at a spa retreat maybe? ).

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          She certainly may spend more time offworld next season, and I hope that she does. I think it may depend on
          Spoiler:
          what happends to the command structure of Atlantis. If Caldwell is placed in charge over Weir then she may have more time to go offworld (has any of TPTB confirmed this?). Although it would seem rather odd to see her in combat gear with the team. She would most likely go only if necessary, such as using her negotiation skills in "Condemned". However, I can also see her going to a nice quiet planet for a little R&R either by herself or with the rest of the team (bonding with Teyla at a spa retreat maybe? ).
          I don't know if we have been told if Caldwell
          Spoiler:
          will be in command over weir or not....I think we've been told to watch Seige pt3. Anyhow, I can see an eppy where weir goes off to have a little vacay and trouble abounds! lol-sounds good to me!

Comment

Yeah i think she go off world more but i dont know if she will be in command.
            www.ukdiscountcodes.co.uk - Discountcodes Deals, Bargains, Free Stuff and More!!

Join The Ancient Wars
            http://www.theancientwars.com/recrui...d=xc1158587385

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
              I don't know if we have been told if Caldwell
              Spoiler:
              will be in command over weir or not....I think we've been told to watch Seige pt3. Anyhow, I can see an eppy where weir goes off to have a little vacay and trouble abounds! lol-sounds good to me!
              TPTB are doing a pretty good job at raising the question in our minds, and then not answering it for us.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                Does anyone think Dr. Weir will go off world to other planets in the pegasus galaxy any time this season?
                Yeppers! Elizabeth has been off world at least twice, that I can remember, from Season 1, but remember, Gen. Hammond did not get to go off world very often. However, we do know that Dr. Weir will get the chance to make more off world trips in upcoming episodes, and personally, I think that's great. I like her character, and would love to see more aspects of it.
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

She would have no reason not to go off world, but has every reason to go off world. She is a world class diplomat/negotiator and will be very useful!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                    Actually. Martin Gero answered that question and the answer is
                    Spoiler:
                    yes I think it's the episode called "Condemned" where shep's team get imprisoned and Weir has to go off world. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!) You can read about it at GW under season 2. Personally I am very excited about this and I bet TH is also quite hyped! Imagine being stuck on base all the time.....boooring!
                    Since I think Weir's BORING I'd like to see her go off the show but , unfortunately, that's not going to happen so I'm stuck watching her do her ZOMBIE STARES ..

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by John&Teylaalltheway
                      Since I think Weir's BORING I'd like to see her go off the show but , unfortunately, that's not going to happen so I'm stuck watching her do her ZOMBIE STARES ..
                      Going off world should help develop the character better, so some folks don't feel like this person.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Going off world should help develop the character better, so some folks don't feel like this person.

If she goes off world and never to return I'm happy
                        All kidding aside FoolishPride I admit Weir's showing improvement but I"m still not crazy about the Character but do admit maybe seeing her outside Atlantis might enhance the character somwhat ..
                        I liked her scenes in HOME and I'm hoping Simon returns since I liked Weir & Simon but also like Weir & McKay too but sorry I'm not for Weir & Shep EEK !!
                        I think Weir has great possibilities but keeping her stuck on board Atalantis is not helping her development but yet sorry cannot see doing Missions either since I think her presence would hurt not help out the team but who knows ? LOL

Pam

Comment

Hmm. . .by-the-way. . I believe you said this about a week ago:

We keep our discussions based on John & Teyla and do not resort to blasting Torri/Weir and that's refreshing ..
                          Pam
                          Practice what you preach dear.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Hmm. . .by-the-way. . I believe you said this about a week ago:

Practice what you preach dear.
                            Actually I do .. this is not the Shipper Debate posts so open discussion ..
                            It is also not the Martin post either where the Teyla bashing has become horrendoius since Martin hinted at a Sheyla Ep so ...

Pam

Comment

If she goes off world and never to return I'm happy
                              All kidding aside FoolishPride I admit Weir's showing improvement but I"m still not crazy about the Character but do admit maybe seeing her outside Atlantis might enhance the character somwhat ..
                              I liked her scenes in HOME and I'm hoping Simon returns since I liked Weir & Simon but also like Weir & McKay too but sorry I'm not for Weir & Shep EEK !!
                              I think Weir has great possibilities but keeping her stuck on board Atalantis is not helping her development but yet sorry cannot see doing Missions either since I think her presence would hurt not help out the team but who knows ? LOL Pam
                              I'm a big weir, mckay fan so I'm a bit biased *puts objective hat on* How can you be so bored with Weir but love Weir & McKay? And Weir and Simon? I think foolishpleasure is right in suggesting that more Weir off world will help you see her character in a new light. A lot of the great inter-character developments happen on missions so we don't always see that side of her.
                              BTW- I repect your opinion but I just want everyone to see what a great character she is/ we will see as time goes on.

Comment

Working...
                              X