PDA

View Full Version : Preorder Battlestar Galactica: Season One Music CD

Sci-Fi
May 9th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Just FYI:
La La Land Records is now accepting pre-orders at their website (click on link below). As with the BSG Mini-Series CD by Richard Gibbs, a limited amount of CD's will be autographed and is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Preorder Battlestar Galactica: Season One Music CD (http://www.lalalandrecords.com/GalacticaSeasonOneNew.html)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON ONE

PRE-ORDER “BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON ONE” NOW and receive your CD autographed by composer Bear McCreary at no additional charge. For a Limited Time.

SHIPPING JUNE 3rd.

CHECK OUT OUR “GALACTICA” SPECIAL. Order BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON ONE now and get the mini-series score, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: THE MINI-SERIES for only $9.98.

Presenting BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON ONE, the original soundtrack from the first season of Sci Fi Channel's critically acclaimed, #1 television series starring Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Katee Sackhoff. Composer Bear McCreary's dynamic score ingeniously melds orchestra, vocals and synth into an emotional experience that ranges from full-throttle action to soul-stirring drama. Packed with more than 78 minutes of music, this is a comprehensive collection of the very best musical moments from this amazing sci-fi drama's first season. Features both U.S. and U.K. main title themes and includes exclusive liner notes. All-new 2nd season of GALACTICA premieres in July 2005!

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. Got my pre-order in already. ;)

David
May 9th, 2005, 08:11 PM
"The Shape Of Things to Come" is worth the entire price of this CD X 2! Thanks!!

Blue Banrigh
May 9th, 2005, 08:20 PM
"The Shape Of Things to Come" is worth the entire price of this CD X 2! Thanks!!
That and 'Wander My Friends'.

Any clues on what 'Muzaktica' means?

Jeff O'Connor
May 9th, 2005, 10:58 PM

Agreed.

CKO
May 9th, 2005, 11:27 PM
hate havin no money.,.. oh wait today is payday and in 9or so hrs my ck will be in the bank... thanxz for the info i may have to take a look at it... cuz ive been wantin the sound track for so long.

JediTrilobite
May 12th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Can't wait to pick this up. The first CD rocked!

TameFarrar
May 12th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Is there anyway to hear excepts...and David don't you dare say *Yeah, its on the show*....ZUP ...you too Shadow ...;)

David
May 12th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah, it's on the show! :D (I wuv you!)

Take the link from the initial post and scroll down to the track listings. The ones highlighted in yellow are the ones you can listen to.

"Mmmm.... Shape of things to come... Awwwfgakg;lkjasdflka."

CKO
May 12th, 2005, 01:59 PM
just d/led some of the tracks... damn those are good..

and David, you're right 'Shape of Things to Come' is wonderful...

course the scarey thing is i can actaully see the eps in my mind so i know where they come from....

damn lucky UK peeps have vocals for their opening credits/main theme... *jealous*

Jump237
May 23rd, 2005, 08:25 PM
Ever heard of Muzak? Generic "smooth jazz" type covers of pop music piped in softly in some department stores and elevators, sometimes referred to as "elevator music". You really don't hear it much these days, but back in the day it was common. Battlestar Muzaktica was playing in the background of that hilarious restroom scene in Colonial Day when Baltar is interrupted by the president in the restroom when he was giving that reporter "an exclusive" in the stall. The inspiration for the title might be a reference to an old Incubus instrumental "Battlestar Scralatchtica"

David
May 31st, 2005, 03:28 PM
Has anyone received their CD yet? Mine shipped today.

Blue Banrigh
May 31st, 2005, 11:52 PM
Ever heard of Muzak? Generic "smooth jazz" type covers of pop music piped in softly in some department stores and elevators, sometimes referred to as "elevator music". You really don't hear it much these days, but back in the day it was common. Battlestar Muzaktica was playing in the background of that hilarious restroom scene in Colonial Day when Baltar is interrupted by the president in the restroom when he was giving that reporter "an exclusive" in the stall. The inspiration for the title might be a reference to an old Incubus instrumental "Battlestar Scralatchtica"
Thanks for the info... that makes more sense now. I recognised the piece but didn't understand the title.

Blue Banrigh
June 1st, 2005, 02:05 AM
Has there been a translation for 'Wander My Friends'? Or the lyrics even.

Sci-Fi
June 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
Yippee... :p :D ...just got my copy delivered today :cool:

LoneStar1836
June 8th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Finally got mine today.

Has there been a translation for 'Wander My Friends'? Or the lyrics even.Lyrics for “Wander My Friends” according to the info that came with the CD.

(in Gaelic)

Siulaigi a chairde, siulaidh liom
Mar cheo an tsleibhe uaine ag
imeacht go deo
D’ainneoin ar dtuirse leanfam an tsli
Thar chnoic is thar ghleannta
go deireadh na scrib’.

Seo libh a chairde is canaidh liom
Lionaigi’n oiche le greann is le sport
Seo slainte na gcarad ata imithe uainn
Mar cheo an tsleibhe uaine,
iad imithe go deo

(Translation according to the same info)

Wander my friends, wander with me
Like the mist on the green mountain, moving eternally
Despite our weariness,
we’ll follow the road
Over hills and valleys
to the end of the journey

Come on my friends and sing with me
Fill the night with joy and sport
Here’s a health to the friends who have gone from us
Like the mist of the green mountain,
Gone forever

I’m not into opera so I skipped this track, but the translation for “Battlestar Operatica” (which is in Italian) is rather entertaining. :D

Woe upon your Cylon heart
There’s a toaster in your head
And it wears high heels

Number Six calls to you
The Cylon Detector beckons
Your girlfriend is a toaster

Alas, disgrace! Alas, sadness and misery!

The toaster has a pretty dress
Red like its glowing spine
Number Six whispers
By your command

Madeleine
June 12th, 2005, 10:44 PM
...the translation for “Battlestar Operatica” (which is in Italian) is rather entertaining. :D

And it wears high heels

Number Six calls to you

Number Six whispers
By your command

:eek: :D :eek:

That is just brilliant!

FoolishPleasure
June 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Just got my CD from Amazon (through GW's link, of course ;) )

OMG. .such good music from a TV show! Never realized how much of the atmosphere from the show was due to the haunting music. Having trouble with my 12-year old though, as he wants it for himself. No way! :p

keshou
June 28th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Just got my CD from Amazon (through GW's link, of course ;) )

OMG. .such good music from a TV show! Never realized how much of the atmosphere from the show was due to the haunting music. Having trouble with my 12-year old though, as he wants it for himself. No way! :p
Hee - mom deserves to keep this for herself. :D

Isn't it wonderful? I got my CD's on Friday - so glad I ordered both the mini-series and the S1 CD as I love both of them. I spent all weekend listening to them and reading the liner notes. :D

tsaxlady
June 29th, 2005, 01:08 AM
I’m not into opera so I skipped this track, but the translation for “Battlestar Operatica” (which is in Italian) is rather entertaining. :D

And it wears high heels

Number Six calls to you

Number Six whispers
By your command

Bear said at the BSG Con this past weekend that when they showed the producers the rough cut of this scene he used an Aria by Mozart from Marriage of Figaro for music and they really liked the music and just wanted to us that. He said he wanted to do something new and not have Mozart in space - so he wrote the new Aria - when the vocals were rehearsing it for the recording one of them said that it sounded like something from The Marriage of Figaro - it was then that he knew he had written the right music.