This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed in Gateworld's Vancouver con report

I've been waiting for the Gateworld con report, which everyone said would be amazing. And I have to say that I'm very disappointed. It's well organized and has lots of pictures. But it doesn't have any information! The report says that Wright and Cooper talked about a lot of interesting things, including stuff about Season 9. What things? Why stop there? Just to tease those of us who couldn't go? I keep waiting to hear what these things are that they talked about but no one will fill in the details.

The report also says that MS and CJ were on stage for an hour and 20 minutes. Great! What did they say? What did anyone say?

The entire report is a synopsis or summary of the weekend without any real meat to it. It feels like a PR report. I already know who was at the con and that they were charming. I want to hear specifics, especially related to the show and Season 9.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

(If people talked about the con in the con thread, I wouldn't care. But in that thread, all people are talking about is their pictures. No one is saying anything anything about what anyone said. It's very frustrating.)

Give it time. The con was pretty big, and a lot of the material that Darren, David and Shipperahoy gathered there is still to come. There wouldn't be room for it in a single report. Darren has a job, family and his studies in addition to this forum and his very large website. When he's ready to put up more on his website, he will.

Madeleine

Comment

Usually what happens is David posts a summary-like thing first and then, over the weeks, there are lots of little info-intense reports/interviews/summations/whatever tailored to the individual elements. This "con report" is more of an overview of things to come. I think most people stuck to "reporting" things in their blogs. I know I did.

Comment

The con report is primarily intended to be a photo gallery and general overview of the weekend's events. Our broader convention coverage will include a number of news stories for those particularly juicy things that the actors and producers said from stage.

One such report is here. More to come!

Darren

Comment

Working...
        X