PDA

View Full Version : Episode 8 - Home

Idun
June 6th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Chevron Nine has uncovered a new episode titled Home

Home (http://www.chevronnine.com/index.php?page=shows;season=1) is listed as the eighth episode of season 1 of Atlantis. The only information available at this time is that Paul Mullie and Joseph Malozzi will be co-writing the episode. As for the what the episode will be about we are left to speculate. The only possible scenario that I can come up with is we will see the Atlantis team go back to Earth. Seeing as how the episode is called Home.

Idun, Chevron Nine

David85
June 6th, 2004, 10:03 AM
But Atlantis is there new home. But most likely that they find a way back to Earth.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:06 AM
But Atlantis is there new home. But most likely that they find a way back to Earth.I was thinking the samething...

ShadowMaat
June 6th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Ah, but will it REALLY be home, or will it be some head-trippy thing that just has them BELIEVING they're home but more and more details start failing to add up? ;)

shockwave
June 6th, 2004, 10:14 AM
well this makes (updated)
number title written by directed by
101 - Rising, Part 1 BW+RCC MW
102 - Rising, Part 2 BW+RCC MW
103 - Hide and Seek RCC DWS
104 - Thirty-Eight minutes BW ?
105 - Suspicion JM+PM ?
106 - Childhoods End MG DW
107 - Poisoning the well DK BT
108 - Home JM+PM ?
109 - Underground PDL BT
110 - The storm (part 1) MG MW
111 - The eye (part 2) MG MW

for those that don't know the abbreviations:
BW: Brad Wright
RCC: Robert C Cooper
MW: Martin Wood
DWS: David Warry-Smith
MG: Martin Gero
DW: David Winning
BT: Brad Turner
JM: Joe Malozzi
PM: Paul Mullie
PDL: Peter DeLuise
DK: Damian Kindler

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Ah, but will it REALLY be home, or will it be some head-trippy thing that just has them BELIEVING they're home but more and more details start failing to add up? ;)Like the season 2 finale?!

ShadowMaat
June 6th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Like the season 2 finale?!
Hey, if you find a good idea, use it over and over again. ;)

"Home" was one of my favorite X-Files eps, but I hope they aren't planning something similar in theme for Stargate. That'd just be creepy. And a ripoff. :P

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:20 AM

"Home" was one of my favorite X-Files eps, but I hope they aren't planning something similar in theme for Stargate. That'd just be creepy. And a ripoff. :PYup:p

SGSlugger
June 6th, 2004, 02:17 PM

"Home" was one of my favorite X-Files eps, but I hope they aren't planning something similar in theme for Stargate. That'd just be creepy. And a ripoff. :P

I dunno Shadow, Enterprise thought it was a good idea to recycle some other Trek scripts. Let's just hope TPTB don't follow that example.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 05:06 PM
I don't think thats a good idea too :(

ShadowMaat
June 6th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I don't think thats a good idea too :(
Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. ;) Or maybe it'll be the old, "We've found a way home, but if we use it we could end up putting a lot of people in jeopardy, so we'll have to make a Noble Sacrifice and give up our chance to go home in order to Save the Day/Protect the Innocents." :D

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. ;) Or maybe it'll be the old, "We've found a way home, but if we use it we could end up putting a lot of people in jeopardy, so we'll have to make a Noble Sacrifice and give up our chance to go home in order to Save the Day/Protect the Innocents." :DVise Versa :)

SGSlugger
June 6th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. ;) Or maybe it'll be the old, "We've found a way home, but if we use it we could end up putting a lot of people in jeopardy, so we'll have to make a Noble Sacrifice and give up our chance to go home in order to Save the Day/Protect the Innocents." :D

Ahh, that's the cheap way out. ;) Jump on the bandwagon and let SG-1 take care of the mess.

You can't be noble all the time. :p

brandohall
June 6th, 2004, 07:04 PM
IMDB has this text:

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Robert C. Cooper co-creator
Robert C. Cooper writer (episode 1.01 "Rising: Part One") (episode 1.02 "Rising: Part Two") (episode 1.03 "Hide and Seek")
Peter DeLuise writer (episode 1.09 "Underground")
Martin Gero writer (episode "Childhood's End") (episode "episode 1.10 "The Storm") (episode "episode 1.11 "The Eye") (episode 1.06 "Childhood's End")
Damian Kindler writer (episode 1.07 "Poisoning the Well")
Joseph Malozzi writer (episode "episode 1.08 "Home") (episode 1.05 "Suspicion")
Paul Mullie writer (episode "episode 1.08 "Home") (episode 1.05 "Suspicion")
Brad Wright co-creator
Brad Wright writer (episode "episode 1.02 "Rising: Part Two") (episode "episode 1.04 "38 Minutes") (episode 1.01 "Rising: Part One")
Brad Wright writer

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Heres a stupid question, but what does that have to do with anything we are currently talking about?

brandohall
June 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Shockwave posted a list, adn I was simply trying to add to it...

Erik Pasternak
June 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Alright, listen up everyone, David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay) said in an inteview that for the first part of season one, the Atlantis team would have no way to get back to Earth. But eventually, it would be no problem to gate back and forth. My guess is that in this episode, they can begin gating home again. It's also my assumption that in the following two-part episode, when they evacuate the city, they head to the good ol' SGC!

Idun
June 6th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Actually from what I have heard, in the two parter they evacuate to Athos.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I haven't read any Atlantis spoilers, but it seems exciting, but i'm still more excited over at SG1... :)

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 11:18 PM
My guess is they get to return to Earth at long last and can dial between the two. That would be the right sort of title for it though

David85
June 7th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Alright, listen up everyone, David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay) said in an inteview that for the first part of season one, the Atlantis team would have no way to get back to Earth. But eventually, it would be no problem to gate back and forth. My guess is that in this episode, they can begin gating home again. It's also my assumption that in the following two-part episode, when they evacuate the city, they head to the good ol' SGC!

From what I heard they don't evac to Earth, which would make the most sense if they could get there.

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 07:14 AM
When I read the spoilers again I can't help think that there will be some kind of problem between the connection of what happens. Like they return to Earth but can't dial back

David85
June 7th, 2004, 10:09 AM
That does make sense. Atlantis is super tech mega land, they should be able to get back to Earth, but earth doesn't have lots of super tech (yet?) so then they can't return back.

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 10:12 AM
That does make sense. Atlantis is super tech mega land, they should be able to get back to Earth, but earth doesn't have lots of super tech (yet?) so then they can't return back.The humans that go to Atlantis will probably have the same technology as the SGC.

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Nice to know I'm making sense! lol

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 10:13 AM
I understand you perfectly Anubis :)

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Even better, but the question is . . . do I understand myself? lol

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Good Question... Ok, i think we should sway the conversation back to the topic :)

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Here we go again . . .

SGSlugger
June 7th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Pehaps if they evac to Athos, in this ep they will move back into Atlantis. I would guess that they won't be able to gate home until the end of the first first season during the finale. That's how I would write it.

But who knows.

shockwave
June 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Home is 108, the evacuation is in the mid-season two-parter, 110 and 111

Erik Pasternak
June 7th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Everyone here seems to be saying that they think the Atlantis Team will evacuate to Athos, but in the episode "Suspicion," we learn that the Athosians are displaced and living in Atlantis. This indicates that the events in "Rising" caused them to leave their world. And since they haven't gone back, why would the Atlantis team?

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Perhaps they learn some useful information about the Wraith or find more weapons!?

SGSlugger
June 8th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Well if the Athosians are living in Atlantis, maybe they will move back to their original home?

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 12:21 PM
What is their original home? Earth? Or somewhere else nearby?

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 12:48 PM
They might move back

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Move back from where (i'm kind of lost, and i didn't really care to read above the previous posts)?

-How was Tru Calling Anubis?

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Tru Calling wasn't too bad. Not that great however

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Tru Calling wasn't too bad. Not that great howeverThats exactly how i feel about the show, haha... Anywho, back to topic :)

Erik Pasternak
June 8th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Enough with the Tru Calling stuff, let's just focus on the topic at hand. The Athosians are from a planet called Athos. And since they evacuated, they're probably not going back anytime soon!

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Enough with the Tru Calling stuff, let's just focus on the topic at hand. The Athosians are from a planet called Athos. And since they evacuated, they're probably not going back anytime soon!Hence the 'back on topic' mention i said in my last post :)

And yes, i also dont think they will be comming back anytime soon as well, haha...

SGSlugger
June 8th, 2004, 06:31 PM
No, not necesarrily. If they evacuated because of a Wraith attack, then they could very easily move right back in after things settle down.

Think about: the Wraith move through villages to feed. If all the food is gone, are you going to stick around and wait until when they show back up? If you're hungry, probably not, you'll just move onto the next village.

So it could very well just a be a temporary location.

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Depends. Just because there's no food doesn't mean there aren't other things they might like. And hey, once you find the nest, do you try and chase down all the mice, or do you sit by the hole and wait for the mice to come back? :D

Nolamom
June 8th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Depends. Just because there's no food doesn't mean there aren't other things they might like. And hey, once you find the nest, do you try and chase down all the mice, or do you sit by the hole and wait for the mice to come back? :D

Good analogy. We don't really know enough about the Wraith yet to be certain of their modus operendi. Comparing them to Earth predators leaves loads of room for various attributes. Are they swift? Patient? Stalkers? Ambushers? Opportunists? Do they hunt in packs or individually? What is their Achilles' heel? Do they have one? Inquiring minds want to know...
Nmom

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 08:58 PM
I for one would like to know that information :)

Anubis
June 8th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Shadow is right, just because you have a nest doesn't mean you have to keep eating the same old stuff. Perhaps they'll find good food on another planet

Darren
June 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM
GateWorld has the first plot details on the Stargate Atlantis episode "Home" --

http://www.gateworld.net/news/episodeupdate.html#newsitem1086808538,75429,

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2004, 12:51 PM
HA! Thanks, Darren. ;) Now I'll be doubly curious to see if my suspicions panned out. Or rather, one suspicion in particular among the several I proposed. :D

One thing about covering all your bases, you stand a better chance of being able to say, "I was right!" :P

tfalls1
June 9th, 2004, 01:16 PM
spoilers...
could that highly charged atmosphere create a giant quantum mirror...hmmm?? i bet here we go with alternate realities again...

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2004, 01:20 PM
SPOILERS

It's too bad. I was kinda liking the idea of McKay coming to the rescue, getting to be the hero for once. *sigh* Guess we'll have to see how it develops.

Wass
June 9th, 2004, 01:29 PM
HA! Thanks, Darren. ;) Now I'll be doubly curious to see if my suspicions panned out. Or rather, one suspicion in particular among the several I proposed. :D

One thing about covering all your bases, you stand a better chance of being able to say, "I was right!" :P

What are your suspicions (sorry i haven't read all the posts)

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2004, 01:32 PM
What are your suspicions (sorry i haven't read all the posts)
Well, the first one that sprang to mind was, "Are they REALLY home, or do they just THINK they are?" It's an oft-used plot device, but they might be able to give it an interesting twist.

Or maybe I'm miles off base and they really DO go home. ;)

Erik Pasternak
June 9th, 2004, 01:54 PM
We now know that at least some of the Atlantis Team makes it home in this episode. I for one think this would be a great time for some appearances from some of the SG-1 team! What do you guys think?

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2004, 01:56 PM
We now know that at least some of the Atlantis Team makes it home in this episode. I for one think this would be a great time for some appearances from some of the SG-1 team! What do you guys think?
I think not. How is Atlantis supposed to establish itself as a separate series if they keep getting hand-outs from SG-1 every half-dozen eps or so?

dpgiffin
June 9th, 2004, 02:00 PM
It says things have changed on earth... I like the AU idea, but i'm curious to see if its something that has happened on SG1... that could be interesting in my opinion.

Erik Pasternak
June 9th, 2004, 02:27 PM
It is highly unlikely that anything has happened to SG-1 inbetween "Rising" and this episode, "Home." If it had, it would have major effects on Stargate SG-1, which has already undergone enough changes at the start of season eight. But regardless of this fact, I cannot see this episode working without Richard Dean Anderson appearing as General O'Neill. He is now commander of the SGC and a long-lost team returning would certainly warrant his attention. I also think this would be a great episode to feature William Devane as President Henry Hayes! This is just starting to sound better and better!

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I can see the episode working VERY well without any of SG-1 having to put in any token appearances. The team can be offworld and Jack can be overwhelmed with some crisis or another. Or the A-team could have meetings with him that we simply don't see. RDA's presence in S8 is going to be sparse enough as it is. If he doesn't have time for the show he's supposed to be starring in, I really don't see him having time for someone else's show. No offense, but that's just the way I see the situation.

Erik Pasternak
June 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM
You have some good points Shadowmaat, but whenever you watch an episode of SG-1, who do you see telling "Chevron Guy/Technician" to open the iris? It's always General Hammond, whose job is taken over this season by Jack O'Neill. Which means, if anything, he needs to be there when the Atlantis team first comes through the gate. After that, he could concievably disappear, but then, who would conduct the debriefing?

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I'm not going to argue with you about it because it's quite obvious you can't conceive of Jack NOT being in the ep whereas I find it not only believable but incredibly likely. I'll agree to disagree with you on the matter and we'll see what the actual ep has in store for us.

If the team somehow taps into an alternate universe or maybe skims too close to a solar flare and wind up flung about in time... both of those could be very interesting twists.

Erik Pasternak
June 9th, 2004, 04:07 PM
You are absolutley right. If they weren't going to the Earth they left from, it doesn't matter who is in it. And I think the episode could work without Jack, it would just require some good writing. And those guys from Stargate rarely let me down!

Larry The Chevron Guy
June 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I don't see why the SGC doesn't send a bunch of power supply thingies to the folks in the pegasus galaxy so they can go home any time.

I mean, DUH!

Erik Pasternak
June 9th, 2004, 08:27 PM
That would be ideal, but the SGC only ever had one, and it could still be in that alternate dimension for all we know. Plus, if they got it back, they still only had one, and if they gave it to the folks in Atlantis, they wouldn't have one either.

tfalls1
June 10th, 2004, 06:35 AM
I still think its kinda illogical that the regular intergalactic stargate works well for tens of thousands of years over and over with some small power supply in the DHD ; the power module Oneil made had just a small amount of weapon power and got him to another galaxy yet the use of the ancient's weapon on Earth is depleted the power cell so much that there's only enough for 1 dial out to Atlantis and Atlantis was left behind with no power cells??? If the Ancients went to all the trouble to leave clues to the city and to hide it why leave it so pristine yet without power... makes for episode stories i know but just pretty illogical to explain. Thoughts?

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 06:40 AM
I still think its kinda illogical that the regular intergalactic stargate works well for tens of thousands of years over and over with some small power supply in the DHD ; the power module Oneil made had just a small amount of weapon power and got him to another galaxy yet the use of the ancient's weapon on Earth is depleted the power cell so much that there's only enough for 1 dial out to Atlantis and Atlantis was left behind with no power cells??? If the Ancients went to all the trouble to leave clues to the city and to hide it why leave it so pristine yet without power... makes for episode stories i know but just pretty illogical to explain. Thoughts?

Sounds like a good subject for discussion in the general forums. ;) I'm a bit curious about all these near-endless power supply things, too. Should provide some interesting theories...

David85
June 10th, 2004, 08:37 AM

Agreed, that whole storyline is dumb, just let them go back and furth as much as they want.

Earth has power to get there, the huge freakin advance city of the Amients doesn't? Seems lame to me.

TechnoBoY
June 10th, 2004, 11:10 AM
I didnt even know the Atlantis team was stranded in the Pegasus galaxy! At least until I read the spoilers for this ep! :D

Teal'c
June 10th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Agreed, that whole storyline is dumb, just let them go back and furth as much as they want.

Earth has power to get there, the huge freakin advance city of the Amients doesn't? Seems lame to me.
<snipped by moderator>

Now, the SGC probably powers the Gate to using the ZPM that Jack took from Taonas, and in New Order it's supposodly low on power, so going to Atlantis is probably still a one time deal from the SGC, who hoped they'd find power sources there and bring them back :P

Erik Pasternak
June 10th, 2004, 12:53 PM
If the SGC used the ZPM to power the stargate so the Atlantis team to get to Pegasus, then, theoretically, the team should easily be able to gate home. On the Atlantis page here at GateWorld, it says that Atlantis is powered by three ZPMs, so what's the problem?

Teal'c
June 10th, 2004, 01:03 PM
If the SGC used the ZPM to power the stargate so the Atlantis team to get to Pegasus, then, theoretically, the team should easily be able to gate home. On the Atlantis page here at GateWorld, it says that Atlantis is powered by three ZPMs, so what's the problem?
The three ZPMs are out of power... that's why they go to Athos, to find ZPMs :P

Kelso
June 10th, 2004, 07:51 PM
The only problem with the AU theory... is that Carter seemed pretty adament that a Stargate couldn't cause that in "There but for the Grace of God". On the other hand, they don't know everything about how a Gate operates... esp. with funky alien power supplied.

Erik Pasternak
June 10th, 2004, 08:25 PM
They shouldn't need to go to Athos to get new ZPMs, because they have already figured out how to recharge them![

Idun
June 10th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I just checked IMDb.com again and they have updated the cast list for this episode to include Gary Jones A.K.A. "Chevron Guy". So it's pretty much for sure that we will be seeing the SGC in some way or another.

Teal'c
June 16th, 2004, 03:42 AM
They shouldn't need to go to Athos to get new ZPMs, because they have already figured out how to recharge them![
Recharge them? What are you talking about? :P

David85
June 16th, 2004, 08:35 AM

Shutup. :p

Ugly Pig
June 20th, 2004, 10:13 AM
How is Atlantis supposed to establish itself as a separate series if they keep getting hand-outs from SG-1 every half-dozen eps or so?
Butbutbut... How else will we ever get to see the delightful arguing of Sam and McKay again?

ShadowMaat
June 20th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Butbutbut... How else will we ever get to see the delightful arguing of Sam and McKay again?
Save that for the season finale of Atlantis. Sam and McKay are together again, fighting bitterly over something, only this time, McKay is the one who's right! And naturally it ends with the two of them sharing a passionate moment or three... ;)

uknesvuinng
June 20th, 2004, 02:14 PM
And Luke gives McKay a citrusy treat to eat?

tlp6191
June 22nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
My guess is they get to return to Earth at long last and can dial between the two. That would be the right sort of title for it though

I cant see the writers tyring to recombine the SG-1 and Atlantis, because they said the reason Atlantis is set in a different universe is so the shows dont trip over each-other. they are probably in a different universe, just so there isnt a contradiction between the two series. it will probably have the same actors, which is why the chevron guys is one of the actors, but is some sort of alternate earth.i dont know how to use the quote thing, so sorry if it doesnt work

David85
June 22nd, 2004, 07:09 PM
The magazine reveals that the Atlantis team will, indeed, be stuck in the Pegasus galaxy and unable to communicate with Earth -- at least for the first season.

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
They'll probably figure out a way back mid-season or towards the end

Teal'c
June 23rd, 2004, 06:47 AM
The magazine reveals that the Atlantis team will, indeed, be stuck in the Pegasus galaxy and unable to communicate with Earth -- at least for the first season.
Not the whole first season.

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 07:28 AM
Exactly. I'm guessing episode Home speaks for itself

David85
June 23rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
Not the whole first season.

<snipped by moderator>

It's from the freakin is from the Sci-Fi magazine, I'm sure they know more than you. Plus in The Storm episode they evac to another planet, if they could go to and from Earth easily I'm sure they would!

And there's more proof.....

NEW! June 18 -- "The Atlantis team finds a way back to Earth, but soon learn they may not be able to return to Atlantis." (Sci-Fi Channel episode description)

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 09:48 AM
OK, that's not very nice saying 'shut up' in a way that you did. It's generally not the nicest way to tell another to be quiet

The Atlantis team may find a way back to Earth and I'm sure they'll return. Simply, they wouldn't create a show if it wasn't going to be based on Atlantis

tfalls1
June 23rd, 2004, 10:58 AM
I still think if the spoilers on Gateworld are correct about them finding things back at SGC not as they seem that they have somehow entered one of the alternate universes... remember it was the Ancients that tinkered with all those Quantum mirrors and time travel devices....

David85
June 23rd, 2004, 11:26 AM
Maybe you should read Anubis...

<snipped by moderator>

Now, the SGC probably powers the Gate to using the ZPM that Jack took from Taonas, and in New Order it's supposodly low on power, so going to Atlantis is probably still a one time deal from the SGC, who hoped they'd find power sources there and bring them back :P

Did anyone say anything then... nope.

So once again a say...

<snipped by moderator>

Shipperahoy
June 23rd, 2004, 01:03 PM
People please remember to respect your fellow Gateworld members. Not agreeing with someone is just fine and dandy but dismissing people out of hand is not a good way to inspire conversation. If people need a refresher than please read the forum rules here: http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Maybe the whole thing is McKay's hallucination. He broke down and actually tried some of that "alien barbarian [email protected]" food only to have it contain citrus. He falls into a fevered sleep and dreams that HE is the one who finds the way home. ;)

Shipperahoy
June 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
I've edited Teal'cs post as well, it just took me some time to read back over the posts so your arguement is pretty moot. And it appears as though you've called me a dirty name. Calling moderators names around here is not a good way to go. I'm usually a fairly laid back person but being called names really ticks me off. Edit your post. Now.

Bagpuss
June 23rd, 2004, 02:15 PM
Maybe the whole thing is McKay's hallucination. He broke down and actually tried some of that "alien barbarian [email protected]" food only to have it contain citrus. He falls into a fevered sleep and dreams that HE is the one who finds the way home. ;)

Shoulda stuck to the "Powerbars" in that case ! ;)

Seriously,this seems like a really interesting ep,based on the spoilers and teasers.

I'm just hoping that Sky One pick up on the Show.As far as I know,they haven't confirmed yet, whether they'll screen it in UK, and Europe, in September.

Fingers crossed ! :D

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 02:27 PM
I'm just hoping that Sky One pick up on the Show.As far as I know,they haven't confirmed yet, whether they'll screen it in UK, and Europe, in September.
I don't see how they could NOT pick it up, but then, if rational minds ruled, the world would be a better place. ;) Well, for a given value of "rational" anyway. Wouldn't wanna take it TOO far or life would be boring.

ANYWAY... It does indeed sound like a good ep and I'll be curious to see what the trick is. I doubt very much that they will REALLY be home, and if it's a case of it being an alt.universe, that could provide an interesting twist to things... provided they don't get too Sliders with it. :)

Incidentally, FH, is the rat in your profile pic just a random rat, or is it Socrates? :)

Bagpuss
June 23rd, 2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah,hopefully, Sky are just waiting to see how the Sci-Fi Channel audience recieve SG Atlantis first,before they sign on the dotted line. :)
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

"Off Topic bit"
RAT !!!! :eek: He's my Charlie Mouse !!! ;)
Hmmm? Best I take this query to your Sulky Thread,before serious SGA seekers moan . ;)

Edited to add:I'm not offended at all...but I need to know who "Socrates" is/was,LOL ! :D

Teal'c
June 24th, 2004, 12:03 PM
<snipped by moderator>

It's from the freakin is from the Sci-Fi magazine, I'm sure they know more than you. Plus in The Storm episode they evac to another planet, if they could go to and from Earth easily I'm sure they would!

And there's more proof.....

NEW! June 18 -- "The Atlantis team finds a way back to Earth, but soon learn they may not be able to return to Atlantis." (Sci-Fi Channel episode description)
Trust me, I know more than anyone :P Don't believe anything you read in Scifi magazine unless it's a quote from the PTB, they get stuff wrong all the time.

What I'm saying is, I'm pretty sure they won't actually get Home in this episode, since the original spoilers pretty much said it wasn't home anyway :P

But, since we've been told numerous times that Sam or Teal'c have the opportunity to guest star in Atlantis this season then they must get home... plus Hammond will be in Atlantis too, and not neccessarily this episode.

Now, I think we'd all appreciate it if you'd find something better to do with your time than insult us and SG-1...

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 12:30 PM
I'm a little lost on how David was insulting SG1, although i might be missing some information, since some of the post was snipped and such. I agree, not everything in the Scifi magazine is right :S

ShadowMaat
June 24th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Someone here obviously doesn't understand the concept of "misdirection". It's possible to speak the truth without revealing everything.

Out of Mind- Jack awakens from stasis to find that almost 80 years have passed.

Meridian- Daniel dies.

Shades of Gray- Jack retires from command.

In the Line of Duty- Carter becomes host to a goa'uld.

All of the above statements are strictly factual... but they leave out a lot of important details. Who's to say that the summary for Home is any different?

And, as previously stated, relying on SCIFI for factual information is a bit of a joke. Maybe they got their facts mixed, maybe they made it up based on something they heard, or maybe it was true at the time but has since changed. You can never tell... especially when it comes to SCIFI.

Anyone who resorts to personal attacks in order to "prove" a point is saying more about the attacker than the point s/he is trying to make.

Teal'c
June 24th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I'm a little lost on how David was insulting SG1, although i might be missing some information, since some of the post was snipped and such. I agree, not everything in the Scifi magazine is right :S
Not here, but frequently he attacks "what SG-1 has become", even more than Shadow does! :P

ShadowMaat
June 24th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Not here, but frequently he attacks "what SG-1 has become", even more than Shadow does! :P
Egad, there's a scary thought! Someone who makes me look good! ;)

You have to admit, I don't ALWAYS attack the show. Sometimes I even have NICE things to say... or at least non-mean things...

Home. I still say they don't REALLY get home. Not home home, anyway. It'll be like that Sliders ep where they're SO HAPPY to be home and everything is just like they remember... except for the Azure Gate Bridge. ;)

David85
July 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM
They don't get hom, it's been said numberous times, just some [mod snipped] people like to think they know everything when they don't even read what's in Sci-Fi channels own magazine.

More proof yet again..... (Spoilers)

"Higginson's pet appears in a flashback scene as Weir's own dog back on Earth."

Gateworld then shows the picture of from "Home".