This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 number of eps?

Hi, Im new to this board and Im sorry if this has already been asked, I just didn't know where else to go to find this out. I was wondering if anyone can confirm if we are getting 22 episodes for season 2 or 20?

Thanks.

It looks like that while there are two series of SG running, there are 20 eps in each season to cut down on some of the work the production staff have to do.
    O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
    [Cut to shot of the door]
    [Cut back to O'Neill]
    O'NEILL: Any time now.
    [Cut back to door]

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
      Hi, Im new to this board and Im sorry if this has already been asked, I just didn't know where else to go to find this out. I was wondering if anyone can confirm if we are getting 22 episodes for season 2 or 20?

Thanks.
      I'm very new also, but it would appear that both SG-1 and SGA are both doing just 20 episodes each. Guess it's to save money and reduce the work load on TPTB.
      "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

Battlestar Galactica is also doing 20 eps. Must be SciFi's new favorite number.

a time to mourn

Comment

Would be interesting to see how many episodes are produced for Atlantis if SG-1 finishes after Season 9. Would Atlantis Season 3 contain 20 episodes or 22 as they will have more time to spend on Atlantis.

Be interesting to see.

Comment

I'd guess that when it's just Atlantis they are doing, they'll do more than 20 episodes.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I would say that both SG-1 and SG:Atlantis will be 20 episodes. Given the extra work the production and behind the scenes people are doing, plus the fact that at least one episode of Atlantis will be a crossover, cutting out a couple of episodes will probably keep the actors and workers from falling asleep from exhaustion.

Comment

I think if SG-1 goes off the air before Atlantis, which I'm starting to doubt, there will still be 20 episodes a season. I think all the main Sci-fi channel shows on Fridays will have 20 episodes fo now on.

Comment

Well, we are getting 40 episodes of Stargate per season, I think that's enough, especially since they're still mostly all good episodes.

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro
                    Well, we are getting 40 episodes of Stargate per season, I think that's enough, especially since they're still mostly all good episodes.

You have seen ALL 40 episodes?!?! That's amazing considering that not even half of them are made yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cymro
                      Of course I'd love 22 eps a piece from both shows, but I think 20 great quality eps instead of a couple extra "filler" eps *cough* felger *cough* is the way to go.
                      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                        Would be interesting to see how many episodes are produced for Atlantis if SG-1 finishes after Season 9. Would Atlantis Season 3 contain 20 episodes or 22 as they will have more time to spend on Atlantis.

Be interesting to see.
                        Are you assuming that there will be no Season 10 for SG-1 and are you so certain there will be a Season 3 for Atlantis? Do you know something we don't know?????

As for the number of episodes, I think there should be 22 for both, but the trend, for many TV series, is a downward one.
                        "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

Galactica is only 20, so that kind of makes me think that even when SG-1 ends and assuming SGA is still going, that it'll probably remain 20 since that's what they've done from the get go.
                          sigpic

Comment

Or they could just keep Atlantis on 40

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

So the trend of having 20 instead of 22 eps per season just coincidently started the same time there are two SG shows?
                              O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
                              [Cut to shot of the door]
                              [Cut back to O'Neill]
                              O'NEILL: Any time now.
                              [Cut back to door]

Comment

Working...
                              X