PDA

View Full Version : New Order - What does the pics say to us?

NG.1
June 5th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Hi

I couldn't find a thread that really suited what I want (actually need) to discuss so I started a new one.
Not sure as to wheter I must still add a spoiler space in this category so here goes just to play it save:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Those pictures of Sam is quite interesting.

In all of them it appears that she is being kept in some sort of Replicator jail.
But there are two that caught my attention.
In one she appears to be in a zone but her arms actually reaches out to hold onto Fifth's. Almost like she is trying ot prevent him from putting his hand in her head....or whatever you call that thing he does.

In the last picture she appears to be naked and wet.
Now what is extremely interesting about this one is the fact that in all the others she is dressed in clothes and dried except for this one.
What possible could have happened?

Now I have a wild theory...
First of all there is no way that the team can rescue her when she is surrounded by so many replicators.
Now the writers need to have a valid explanation as to how she is going to escape.
What if she has like a dormant Ancient gene?
Will explain her brilliance - remember in that one episode in the 5th series that Ancient guy told her she was very smart.
What if this gene gets activated by her torture at Fifth's hands?

Now what if just as he pushes her too far she snaps, this big energy wave builts up and basically deactivates all the replicators including Fifth hence the naked scene - she appears quite pissed off to me there.

Afterwards she won't remember a thing as to what happened but it will open the storyline to be continued later on.

Okay, so I know this is a wild theory but I will love to know what others have to say about it. Also as to how Teal'c and Daniel could allow her to be capture in the first place.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Hi

I couldn't find a thread that really suited what I want (actually need) to discuss so I started a new one.
Not sure as to wheter I must still add a spoiler space in this category so here goes just to play it save:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Those pictures of Sam is quite interesting.

In all of them it appears that she is being kept in some sort of Replicator jail.
But there are two that caught my attention.
In one she appears to be in a zone but her arms actually reaches out to hold onto Fifth's. Almost like she is trying ot prevent him from putting his hand in her head....or whatever you call that thing he does.

In the last picture she appears to be naked and wet.
Now what is extremely interesting about this one is the fact that in all the others she is dressed in clothes and dried except for this one.
What possible could have happened?

Now I have a wild theory...
First of all there is no way that the team can rescue her when she is surrounded by so many replicators.
Now the writers need to have a valid explanation as to how she is going to escape.
What if she has like a dormant Ancient gene?
Will explain her brilliance - remember in that one episode in the 5th series that Ancient guy told her she was very smart.
What if this gene gets activated by her torture at Fifth's hands?

Now what if just as he pushes her too far she snaps, this big energy wave builts up and basically deactivates all the replicators including Fifth hence the naked scene - she appears quite pissed off to me there.

Afterwards she won't remember a thing as to what happened but it will open the storyline to be continued later on.

Okay, so I know this is a wild theory but I will love to know what others have to say about it. Also as to how Teal'c and Daniel could allow her to be capture in the first place.Interesting... I don't want to comment about your wild theory, but i just don't think thats possible, with a few bits and pieces i do agree with though, but I guess Sam gets captured when shes alone or something, but maybe not :)

Teal'c
June 6th, 2004, 07:02 AM
I'm sorry, but that's pretty stupid... sounds like something out of an anime show :P Since when did having an Ancient gene give one the ability generate a "big energy wave"? :P

Maybe she's naked and gooey because Fifth made her naked and gooey! :P You know, the whole torture thing he's got going on with her...

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 07:07 AM
I have to agree with Teal'c. As long as that post probably took you to type, that theory is a bit way on top

I'm sure The Fifth won't be happy about what happened but I still dn't see how being naked and 'gooey' makes the torture more evil. OK, maybe for The Fifth

Teal'c
June 6th, 2004, 07:12 AM
It's just Fifth, no definate article :P

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 07:13 AM
It's just Fifth, no definate article :PMaybe when she was 'naked' in the picture, she was trying to attempt fifth's human emotions kick in to let her go, haha... ;)

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Maybe! lol Or he decided to . . .

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Ok, back to the 'non-naughty' world :)

Bagpuss
June 6th, 2004, 08:12 AM
You Guys have some fertile imaginations,don't you? ;)

OK, my pet theory is this :The piccies and spoilers are really "Teasers",so at the moment it's anyone's guess,as to what's possible,regarding Sam and the Replicators!

I'm presuming that Sam isn't quite as "Naked" as she looks too.Amanda Tapping has always insisted on "No-Nudity" Clauses,in all her contracts,so I'm afraid it's most probably "Smoke and Mirrors time"!! :)

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 08:28 AM
You Guys have some fertile imaginations,don't you? ;)

OK, my pet theory is this :The piccies and spoilers are really "Teasers",so at the moment it's anyone's guess,as to what's possible,regarding Sam and the Replicators!

I'm presuming that Sam isn't quite as "Naked" as she looks too.Amanda Tapping has always insisted on "No-Nudity" Clauses,in all her contracts,so I'm afraid it's most probably "Smoke and Mirrors time"!! :)Oh yes, oh yes, shes probably wearing a bakani or something :D, with all this 'liquid' splashed on her.

Bagpuss
June 6th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Afraid so,lmj! ;)

There's loads of fun to be had with the simple use of double-sided Sticky tapes ,IMO. Keeps many a scene "PG-Worthy",in loads of tv shows! :)

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Afraid so,lmj! ;)

There's loads of fun to be had with the simple use of double-sided Sticky tapes ,IMO. Keeps many a scene "PG-Worthy",in loads of tv shows! :)Ooo--- yes... :D

Torley
June 6th, 2004, 10:02 AM
She's wearing a thin swimsuit made out of... replicators! ;)

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:02 AM
She's wearing a thin swimsuit made out of... replicators! ;)'ew'... :D

Mr Prophet
June 6th, 2004, 10:31 AM
That's no swimsuit: That's Fifth!

And as to your theory of Sam's smarts, it may of course be that she's just really smart. I mean, okay, it's crazy, but I'm throwing it out there!

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 11:28 AM
That's no swimsuit: That's Fifth!

And as to your theory of Sam's smarts, it may of course be that she's just really smart. I mean, okay, it's crazy, but I'm throwing it out there!Maybe someone will catch it :)

bcmilco
June 6th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Of course I think she's wearing clothes, but usually when they show a person like that they are trying to imply that she's naked.

As to, how she got that way, and why, well maybe the replicators "ate" her clothes and the goo is a by-product of that process.

Or maybe we'll just have to wait and see :p

Mr Prophet
June 6th, 2004, 01:16 PM
She looks kind of blank. My guess would be that those pictures are of Fifth's humanoid replicator Sam clone. All part of an insidious plan no doubt; or possibly just a twisted psycho love-plot.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 01:51 PM
She looks kind of blank. My guess would be that those pictures are of Fifth's humanoid replicator Sam clone. All part of an insidious plan no doubt; or possibly just a twisted psycho love-plot.A Sam clone would be kind of freaky... but yes, i'm open to many many things :)

bcmilco
June 6th, 2004, 02:07 PM
A Sam clone would be kind of freaky... but yes, i'm open to many many things :)

Almost as "freaky" as the Jack clone IMO.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 02:11 PM
The Jack clone annoyed me, hopefully if Sam gets a clone, it won't be like Jacks... Nightmares may occur :(:rolleyes:

bcmilco
June 6th, 2004, 04:19 PM
I was surprised they kept "Young Jack" alive in the end, I was really expecting him to die, and I was squicked out by an "old man" checking out teenagers. Otherwise I really liked FB, and "Young Jack".

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 04:59 PM
I was surprised they kept "Young Jack" alive in the end, I was really expecting him to die, and I was squicked out by an "old man" checking out teenagers. Otherwise I really liked FB, and "Young Jack".He wasn't young anymore, haha, well, that does kind of make you wonder...
hahah... I thought the episode was so-so...

Mio
June 6th, 2004, 07:25 PM
The Jack clone annoyed me, hopefully if Sam gets a clone, it won't be like Jacks... Nightmares may occur :(:rolleyes:

::starts the Young Sam-Young Jack shippers club::

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Yippe!

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 11:26 PM
The Jack clone was really annoying. Please no more!

GuyFromOH
June 7th, 2004, 02:19 AM
I don't know about you guys, but the occassional naked and wet shot of Amanda Tapping doesn't bother me one bit...

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 03:52 AM
I have to agree. It doesn't bother me, I think the question is, 'why'

No complaints from here though

GuyFromOH
June 7th, 2004, 03:54 AM
I have to agree. It doesn't bother me, I think the question is, 'why'

No complaints from here though
They must have gotten my letter finally...:)

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 03:59 AM
My mailbag must have finally been opened also! :)

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Haha... You guys just make me laugh :D Where did my letter go...:rolleyes:

Mr Prophet
June 7th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Actually, I was assuming something less in the line of Jack clone and more, y'know...Buffy-bot.

Sambot: "It's Fifth! Don't you just love his curly hair and slim yet manly physique?"
Teal'c: "I had not given it my consideration, Major Carter."

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Hehe... The Buffy-Bot, good memories... ;)

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Taking into account what Prophet said with a twist

Sambot: "It's Fifth! Don't you just love his curly hair and slim yet manly physique?"

Teal'c: "I had not given it my consideration, Major Carter, however if you wish me to then I shall"

Have to admit, that is something Teal'c would actually say

Vegn
June 7th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Have any of you read the article in the sci-fi magazine? In it Amanda says something about that scene where she looks naked.

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 07:45 AM
I live in the UK so I can't read it. But if you would galdly share what it said...

Vegn
June 7th, 2004, 07:56 AM
I'll type the paragraph where she's talking about it because the whole article would take far too long.

She may be getting hot and heavy with the man, but we won't be seeing Carter naked with Pete in the near future. However, certain parts of her anatomy will appear sans clothes fairly early on in the season. "There's this whole nekkid thing going on, 'cause I have to crawl out of this tube with no clothes." She smirks. "You don't see everything. You don't see my bum or my boobilage. No front bits. No back bits. But you do get to see middle bits." It's not a fit of modesty that dictates this course of action. It's simply that the actor thinks "it's a lot more sexy and tantalizing if you don't see the whole naked form, and it's a very subtle way of confirming women's power."

That's the paragraph about that. There's also some other stuff about her relationship with Pete. It also talks about the other characters and they have some stuff from Rick talking about some stuff. In this magazine they had all kinds of stuff about Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and the upcoming Farscape mini-series.

tara3583
June 7th, 2004, 08:00 AM
What did Amanda say about that scene in the
magazine?
The pic's look very interesting, can't wait
for this episode as i think it will be a very
powerfull "payback time" for 5TH!

tara3583
June 7th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Ooopps just read the last post!:)
thanks for posting that little bit of info.

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Seems like a interesting episode. Can't wait for it to air, espically with this new info! lol

Elwe Singollo
June 8th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Me can't wait either :)! *Acting very eager:cool:

MadEyeTed
June 10th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Its not just me is it? The gooey Carter picture seems to have dissapeared from the Gateworld episode picture gallery for New Order Part Two.

Anubis
June 10th, 2004, 07:03 AM
You are correct. That gooey picture has been removed. Any of the mods care to comment?

Elwe Singollo
June 10th, 2004, 08:58 AM
SHOCK, its gone! Its like one of my favorite pictures!!!, well not really... Hmm... What happened to it :(

Anubis
June 10th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Well, if anyone would know it would be either Darren or David. I can't think of any reason why it would be removed

Darren
June 10th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Ah, I love it when our members are so observant. :)

The pic was removed until after the episode has aired, as it was deemed too final-act spoilery. Suffice it to say that we have some very smart people in this forum. ;)

bcmilco
June 10th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Ah, I love it when our members are so observant. :)

The pic was removed until after the episode has aired, as it was deemed too final-act spoilery. Suffice it to say that we have some very smart people in this forum. ;)

I had a sneaky suspicion that was the reason ;)

MadEyeTed
June 11th, 2004, 02:46 AM
*grins*