X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FanFic Competition!!

Hey to all of you!!

Here is your chance to win a signed Stargate beer mat by Corin Nemec! This was signed at Collectormania 7. To win, all you have to do is to write a facfiction and we will judge it and then the award the best with the prize. Pretty simple. There is a catch: you have to include a line in this fanfiction.

We asked Corin Nemec to come up with the line and here is the line you must incorporate into your story (it will soon be available as a mp3 when I figure out how to do that!).

"...life is like a banna, properly peeled, it is easy to eat."

Rules

1, Story MUST include the line above.
    2, Story can be no more than 10,000 words.
    3, Has to be on Word or as a .txt document, otherwise I can't read it
    4, Via email only.
    5, Entries in by 5th July 2005.
    6, Has to be a Stargate or Stargate Atlantis fanfiction.
    7, Has to be in English.

When you have written your fanfiction send it to [email protected] along with the following details.

Name:
    Email Address:
    Catagory:
    Title:
    Word Count:

Most importantly, this is supposed to be fun, so enjoy yourself and I hope to be hearing from you with your submissions. Below is a picture of what you would win.

Check out www.stargate-universe.net for more detail!
    Last edited by shonac85; 25 May 2005, 07:00 AM. Reason: new rule

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

I've decided to extend the date of the competition will the end of August to give you all chance to write a fanfiction. It's also because I'm very busy over the summer and don't know when I will have a chance to get to a computer.

So the new date for the competition is the 31st August

Out of curiousity, is anyone intending to enter? After all, it is a brilliant prize!!!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by shonac85
      I've decided to extend the date of the competition will the end of August to give you all chance to write a fanfiction. It's also because I'm very busy over the summer and don't know when I will have a chance to get to a computer.

So the new date for the competition is the 31st August

Out of curiousity, is anyone intending to enter? After all, it is a brilliant prize!!!
      Do you mind if I pass this contest information along to other sites/forums? Also does Jonas Quinn have to be in the story as well?
      ______
      Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
        Do you mind if I pass this contest information along to other sites/forums? Also does Jonas Quinn have to be in the story as well?
        Of course not! Spread the joy!! It doesn't have to have Jonas in it, just Stargate related. thanks!!!!!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Is AU okay?

Comment

AU is fine. Literally anything which is Stargate related, although has to have at least one character from SG-1 or Atlantis. Can be about anything, so use your imagination.

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Will try finishing it off by then, but it over 10,000 words. It's humor/drama/action/road trip...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                but it over 10,000 words.
                That's fine as long as it'snot really over 10,000 words (i.e. 50,000 words) Only put a limit so that I can actually get a chance to read them all. But If it's a little over I don't mind. It's just kinda a ballpark limit. Can't wait to read it!!!!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

I might send the first part out of 4 or submit a different ficcy......I'll wait and see

Comment

I am interested and of this moment have a past/future fan fic in the works!

Comment

Hiya!

Bet you thought I'd forgotten about you all!! I haven't, just had limited internet access.

For this reason, i'm going to extend the date on the fanfiction competition. I still can't get to a computer till october, so the new date is 15th October. Thanks to all those who got theirs in on time, i was grateful and am busy going through them. This means ignore the date on the site (which I know needs drastically updating, and will be soon I promise!) this is the new date!

Thanks
                      Talk to ya all soon
                      Snowflake Shona

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Hmm...I sense an idea forming....
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Ten K words wow i have a story and i hope it will be enough, its a three chapter story, i think it may be over 15000 words, so uhhhh is that enough, or too much..........maybe i'll just make a whole new onw
                          How do you like my fan fics? please mail me at

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Apadamek
                            Ten K words wow i have a story and i hope it will be enough, its a three chapter story, i think it may be over 15000 words, so uhhhh is that enough, or too much..........maybe i'll just make a whole new onw
                            Be glad you have one completed, i haven't even worked on mine in a while.

I have two, but I'm only submitting one. They are only 2,022 and 6,264 words so far. and no where near finishing

Comment

Frankly, I'm no longer bothered about the word limit, so write as much as you like. Just get it to me in time. happy writing!!!!!!!!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X