This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I post a poll? EOM

It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

I think you just post it and announce that it's a poll in the thread title and a Mod will come along and poll-erize it for ya when they get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I think you just post it and announce that it's a poll in the thread title and a Mod will come along and poll-erize it for ya when they get a chance.
      I did not know that... I thought there was an option to insert a poll, guess i was looking at the wrong message board
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        I did not know that... I thought there was an option to insert a poll, guess i was looking at the wrong message board
        Is there? I dunno. I just know I've seen other people start "poll" threads and a Mod has come along and made it official and said, "All you have to do is ask"

Comment

Really? That's weird. On the other boards I post on, there are ways to do it yourself...

Can one of the mods weigh in on this?
          It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

When you've started your thread in which you want to place a poll, post in here that you've done it and what options you want and one of us will put the poll into your thread. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm online, althought there are plenty of other mods who are around and about throughout the day.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              When you've started your thread in which you want to place a poll, post in here that you've done it and what options you want and one of us will put the poll into your thread. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm online, althought there are plenty of other mods who are around and about throughout the day.
              Thanks for telling me that

Comment

See? I told you. But oh no, let's not listen to Shadow. What does SHE know? She's only racked up a 1,000 posts!

Silly humans.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 06 June 2004, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Best ya edit that number,Shadow! LOL!!
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 June 2004, 07:48 AM.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    See? I told you. But oh no, let's not listen to Shadow. What does SHE know? She's only racked up a 1,00 posts!

Silly humans.
                    Nobody ever said *well, at least i didn't* that you were wrong we/or I thought there was just some other way.

Comment

Or just send a very kind e-mail or IM to a mod (we're listed in the forum FAQ), and we'll create a poll if we think it's a good one.

Many other boards allow users to create polls. We've decided to limit it to mods.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Darren

Comment

Ok! Madeleine's advice was to post ideas for a Poll right here, so here goes!

As a result of my big yap,(on the Gen.Disc.S.C.A.T Thread) I'd like to propose a Poll to get an idea of who's the main Fave Goa'uld.

I have a list of Candidates,so I'll list them,so that whichever of you wonderful Mods are on Duty, can give me either some feedback, or create an Official Poll with all the Bells and Whistles!

Suggested Title and detail:
                          Gen.Disc. "Who's Your Favourite Goa'uld:The One You Just Love To Hate?"
                          Candidates:
                          Anubis
                          Apophis
                          Ba'al
                          Cronus
                          Hathor
                          Nirrti
                          Osiris
                          Seth
                          Yu
                          Other....

Thanks for your time.I know you're all very busy!
                          (I just don't want to muck up doing an e-mail or PM. )

Sorry to be a Noodle-Brain.Will PM request now that I've reread the FAQ!
                          ##~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~##

Thank You,Dear David, the Poll looks great! Thanks for your patience!
                          Cheery FHB is so grateful....
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 June 2004, 11:14 PM. Reason: Saying my Thank-Yous to David!!
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi there Moderator-types-

In the Atlantis-Season One forum, I wanted to get a poll of the ages of Atlantis fans. I'm new to this whole SG community, and since I missed the movie and SG-1 (school and other interests), it's harder to play catch-up with them. So I'm starting fresh with the new series. Anyway, before I knew that a forum member couldn't make a poll, I made a thread to get people's ages. If you think it's interesting enough, could you make it a poll with the age ranges I've included in the post? Do you think there are many new sci-fi/SG fans as a result of this new series?

Well, thank you!

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Hi there! Thanks for making a poll for me. I was wondering, though, if the time limit for the poll could be lifted indefinitely, and also if there is a spot in the forums where the age poll could be "stickied" so it's easy to find for reference or for newcomers to the SGA forum. Just curious. Thanks again!

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Working...
                              X