This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Merlin Real(spoilers)

Admit I haven't read all of the spoiler posts, but I was thinking. Is it possible that Merlin is a computer projection and not actually still living? I was just trying to think of ways to make an ancient alive on earth during that time period more feasable.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Spimman
    Admit I haven't read all of the spoiler posts, but I was thinking. Is it possible that Merlin is a computer projection and not actually still living? I was just trying to think of ways to make an ancient alive on earth during that time period more feasable.
    I too must admit that I haven't read all the posts, but the impression I got, was that Merlin was very real. As we don't truly know the life span of an Ancient, it's possible Merlin could still be alive. And as this is SciFi, ANYTHING is possible!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I dunno if you've seen the pictures, but
      Spoiler:
      The Merlin in them looks very much like a hologram to me- so he may not still be around. Unless of course it's like Thor's setup from Thor's Hammer.

Comment

It's possible that he could indeed be real, If you look at Chaya etc who are punished with defending planets for a very very long time that they once interfered in. So perhaps it was Merlin who created the Sword so therefore was entrusted by the others to be it's guardian or protector until a worthy successor is found.

I don't think he has been punished by the others though, He seems to be too old & fragile, So it's my opinion that he's in stasis like Dr.Weir in 'Before I Sleep'. She lasted 10,000 years so it's possible that Excalibur was created after the Ancients returned from Pegasus. Therefore with them being most likely to have a much greater lifespan than normal humans he could have simply been in storage until SG-1 arrived.

I think Merlin is Moros (Atlantian Council leader in 'Before I Sleep'.)

Comment

Originally posted by J_B
          It's possible that he could indeed be real, If you look at Chaya etc who are punished with defending planets for a very very long time that they once interfered in. So perhaps it was Merlin who created the Sword so therefore was entrusted by the others to be it's guardian or protector until a worthy successor is found.

I don't think he has been punished by the others though, He seems to be too old & fragile, So it's my opinion that he's in stasis like Dr.Weir in 'Before I Sleep'. She lasted 10,000 years so it's possible that Excalibur was created after the Ancients returned from Pegasus. Therefore with them being most likely to have a much greater lifespan than normal humans he could have simply been in storage until SG-1 arrived.

I think Merlin is Moros (Atlantian Council leader in 'Before I Sleep'.)
          What??? Moros Couldn't Be The Merlin. We'll find out what Merlin Say To Col. Mictell, Teal'c and Vala in Stargate Sg-1 Season 9 - Avalon.

ok we will find out more about Merlin and the rest of the ancients.

Comment

We'll see what happens I guess, the hologram just helps explain him still being alive...if there are ancients still living then did some beat the plaugue? A whole tons of questions come into play, I'll enjoy it no matter what to be honest!
            sigpic

Comment

It also could just be a message that Merlin left for other Ancients should they come back to Earth.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I thought all the rest of the Ancients lived out the rest of their days on Earth after returning, or did I hear wrong in the Rising? Anyway, hologram like Thor would explain the look and advanced Ancient tech might explain interactions with them. BB has to have the gene cause we know if it's Ancient tech and he tries to pull it without the gene, nothing goods going to happen.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmen583
                  What??? Moros Couldn't Be The Merlin. We'll find out what Merlin Say To Col. Mictell, Teal'c and Vala in Stargate Sg-1 Season 9 - Avalon.

ok we will find out more about Merlin and the rest of the ancients.

Exactly why couldn't he be Moros. It's obvious we will find out who he is, when Avalon airs.

"I thought all the rest of the Ancients lived out the rest of their days on Earth after returning, or did I hear wrong in the Rising?"
                  Look at SG-1 Season 8 Episode 13. 'It's Good to be King' Janus & the time jumper. Martin Gero answered a question about it that it was implied that it was him who finished it. So not all chose to live the remainder of their lives on Earth.

Comment

Thing is, when the ancients returned to Earth, it was occupied by Goa'uld. It's unlikely that they would be able to travel easily around the milky way when ra had the gate. As we saw them leave in BIS, they took very little technology with them. As for the time jumper- that could have been made any time and travelled through the gate whenever he wanted.

Comment

Not all of Earth was occupied by Goa'uld. A great deal of the civilized world was, but not all of it.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Actually when did the snakes find Earth and declained themselves as gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Morli-Dots
                          Actually when did the snakes find Earth and declained themselves as gods?
                          Wasnt it 8000 years ago that RA first came to earth and took the first host?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                            I dunno if you've seen the pictures, but
                            Spoiler:
                            The Merlin in them looks very much like a hologram to me- so he may not still be around. Unless of course it's like Thor's setup from Thor's Hammer.
                            That's exactly what I was thinknig.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                              I thought all the rest of the Ancients lived out the rest of their days on Earth after returning, or did I hear wrong in the Rising? Anyway, hologram like Thor would explain the look and advanced Ancient tech might explain interactions with them. BB has to have the gene cause we know if it's Ancient tech and he tries to pull it without the gene, nothing goods going to happen.
                              Except Earth now has the gene therapy (Col. Everett could operate life scanner in siege 2 Atlantis because of it) and it is likely this worked succesfully on Browder (good for plots). SO you no longer need to be born with the gene otherwise Browder would likely have gone off to Atlantis. Merlin looks quite real there, Thor (Giant norse version and asgard version) had a shimmering light quality to them so it was obvious they were holograms, I don't see this with merlin.

Comment

Working...
                              X