This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie Bamber and Katee Sackhoff

I know a few people from the boards went to collector mania 7, im just wondering what you thought of JB and Katee. I pretty much went just to meet them and its got to be said that JB was really cool, nice guy. as for Katee she was nice as well she just seemed like she was being forced to speak to you if you get me.
    'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
    'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Katee was knackered. Her plane was delayed which meant she probably spent time hanging round in a ghastly airport lounge or something. Jet-lag wouldn't have helped. She seemed very nice, just tired.

Jamie was lovely

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Gunner
      ..as for Katee she was nice as well she just seemed like she was being forced to speak to you if you get me.
      Consider how loony-tunes (and even stalkerish) some fans can be and I can imagine a host of reasons why she might not WANT to speak to fans.

1. People irate over the gender change in Starbuck.
      2. 'Shippers dead set against Starbuck becoming involved with Apollo.
      3. Helo/Boomer 'shippers dead set against Starbuck interfering with that 'ship.
      4. Random obsessed fanboys who have become fixated on her as a sex object.
      5. Insert whacki subgroup's agenda here.... and so on.

Not all fans are fanatics, but you have to consider the effect those few fanatics are going to have. A few emotionally unbalanced types ruin the fun for everyone.

Comment

Well i see your point there, she was nice she just seemed.... i dunno how to explain it. I was just sitting talking to Jamie for about 10 mins(no line), he was really cool and he gave me info on the show that he shouldnt of done, gotta love it.

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
          Consider how loony-tunes (and even stalkerish) some fans can be and I can imagine a host of reasons why she might not WANT to speak to fans.

1. People irate over the gender change in Starbuck.
          2. 'Shippers dead set against Starbuck becoming involved with Apollo.
          3. Helo/Boomer 'shippers dead set against Starbuck interfering with that 'ship.
          4. Random obsessed fanboys who have become fixated on her as a sex object.
          5. Insert whacki subgroup's agenda here.... and so on.

Not all fans are fanatics, but you have to consider the effect those few fanatics are going to have. A few emotionally unbalanced types ruin the fun for everyone.
          This "con" is in the uk- actually it's not so much of a con as a big event in the middle of a busy shopping centre in Milton Keynes. Brits tend to be a bit more reserved at these things-especially just the general public. Sounds to me as though she's just knackered!

Comment

I saw Katee on the Sunday morning and she was lovely!
            (see the Starbuck appreciation thread for me going on about her lol)
            One of the nicest guests I have ever met!
            Ses
            James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
              This "con" is in the uk- actually it's not so much of a con as a big event in the middle of a busy shopping centre in Milton Keynes. Brits tend to be a bit more reserved at these things-especially just the general public. Sounds to me as though she's just knackered!
              You know, I might actually consider going to something like that if it were available in the U.S.

The ones in this country have a lot of nice folks, but they have some SCARY folks too... and a contrarian like myself tends to draw the scary ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                I saw Katee on the Sunday morning and she was lovely!
                (see the Starbuck appreciation thread for me going on about her lol)
                One of the nicest guests I have ever met!
                I met her on the saturday, and she just seemed somehow out of it, i found Jamie Bamber cooler and easier to talk to, but then again he had no line whilst she did. I think that generally the guests tend to be 'nice' by that i mean i saw Sean Astin(sam-Lord of the Rings) hugging people but i know from others actors comments that he's a bit moody. Still Jamie seemed very sincere, i knew i should have asked him for a back stage pass and free merchandise. Katee did say that if i was ever there though i could get a backstage pass.

Comment

I spent a good half an hour with katee and she said she was badly jet lagged, but what a trooper, she turned up at the party later on after a rest with Corin Nemec and her mother and was bright as a button. Great girl a definately no attitude.

Comment

Party? What party, alright now im annoyed with myself. Was that on the saturday or sunday? But i cant believe i missed that.

Comment

There was a party on Saturday night at the hockey stadium, they were selling tickets at the con

Comment

Working...
                      X