This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat guns... drool

Is anyone else completely awed by the coolness of the Zat guns and the staff weapons, heck even the ships are awesome lookin'

Yeah, they do look nice.

*Thunk*

Comment

There is someone on this thread who has a ZAT gun, his screen name thing is Ben.
      'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
      'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Yes, Zats aren't that hard to find, lots of places sell them, I was at a convention last year and there was a guy there from a company that sold stuff from SG-1, I picked up a sheet with there information but I can't remeber where I put it, if I find it I will repost. Along with Zats they also sell mini stargates, both ones with lights that make sounds and ones that don't, they sell staff weapons, with are nine or ten feet in length, and T.E.R.s. However if you want to find a Zat that opens and closes, it will be a little harder, the man at the convention told me that on the set of SG-1, they only have a couple, and they break all of the time, that is why they don't sell ones that open.

Owen Macri

Comment

Why don't they ever use the disintegration feature of the Zats? I would imagine that this feature would be extremely useful in many situations, but the writers (or whoever is responsible for scripting the battle scenes) never utilise this feature.

Comment

You are right in many situations it would be useful such as a surgical attack, when they don't want anyone to know that they are there, but many times they don't. The reason for this is because it is just another special effect that they need to pay for, if in every episode they disintegrated five people, that is 970 people disintegrated for the entire series, including season nine, I don't now how much that effect costs but that is 970 effects, that they don't need, that just cost more money, that is not worth it. I believe that it is a simple cost of money.

Owen Macri

Comment

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it does all simplify down to the cost . Still, they are cool guns anyway .

Comment

Oh ya!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by TheUniqueDrone
                  Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it does all simplify down to the cost . Still, they are cool guns anyway .
                  Oh YES! I would have to agree! I would love to have a Zat,then again I would REALLY like to have a Staff Weapon!!!

Comment

I was just posting on another thread about this, but I wish we used more Zat guns in the field...so much more effective than machine guns...or atleats we could mix the technology with our own and make better guns!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry everyone, I am still trying to find the paper with the company and merchandise information on it. Then if you want a Zat or a Staff Weapon or a T.E.R. or a working gate, or non working gate (these are miniatures) you can buy one. Warning the Staff Weapons are ten feet in length!!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        Sorry everyone, I am still trying to find the paper with the company and merchandise information on it. Then if you want a Zat or a Staff Weapon or a T.E.R. or a working gate, or non working gate (these are miniatures) you can buy one. Warning the Staff Weapons are ten feet in length!!

Owen Macri
                        A company that sells WORKING gates?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Nurgle
                          A company that sells WORKING gates?!?!?!
                          Man, I want one of those

I think Owen Macri means ones that light up and make noises.
                          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                          LANDRY
                          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Ya, it doesn't actually work, waht I mean by "working," is the chevrons light up and it makes dialing noises, sorry for the confusion, lol.

Owen Macri

P.S. You guys can call me Owen.

Comment

I actually, couldn't find the papers I was looking for, however a quick google search helped me locate the company. It is called Lightspeed Fine Arts Inc. this is a link to the props section of the website http://www.lightspeedfineart.com/Props.html the have Zats, Staff Weapons, Working and Non-Working Stargates, As well as the Transphase Eradication Rod. In addition to this they sell autographed and non-autographed posters and pictures. All of the models are life sized, based on the exact dimensions, shapes, and apearances of the props used in the show, other than the models of the Stargates which are to scale with the real gates used in the show, or at least the main one that they keep in the base. The gate is 1/25th scale.

I hope I could help,

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X