Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lt. Ford's Changed Status (Very spoilery SPOILERS for s2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Ford's Changed Status (Very spoilery SPOILERS for s2)

I just wanted to know if anyone had thoughts on what causes Lt. Ford's genetic mutation. My thought was that he might have been bitten or scratched by a wraith.
    Do your people practice being vague?
    Col. Jack O'Neill

My guess is that he some how is expermited on and gets changed.

Comment

Whatever it is seems to indicate that it happens on Atlantis. So I don't think they really get a chance to experiment on him. I personally think that the Wraith grunt holds him by the throat as seen in the spoiler pics for 'The Siege III' & perhaps it or another Wraith sticks him with the blue thing on their fingers, Possibly with a little bit of sucking & that's why his face is starting to change. However I think the TPTB will be keeping this a closely guarded secret & we won't get too much concrete info on it till it airs.

Comment

My guess is they injected him with some wraith DNA or something along that lines.
        sigpic

Comment

well we know the wraith are kind of pshycic so they might have tried to kill him that way but it messed with his genes

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

I think that would be impossible wouldn't it. As far as we know it's only Teyla they can get inside of as she has the Dna. Even if they did somehow, I think they could only screw with his mind but not directly alter his genes or physiology.

Comment

well if you look at pics hes wastes about 5 of them when he get picked up by the wraith and theres a lot of things we dont know about the wraith

(this might of affected some ancients aswell so they turned into wraith themselfs)

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

It's obvious what the Wraith did to him. They exposed him to gamma radiation and turned him into the hulk.

Comment

I'm figuring he's probably going to get taken up into one of their ships by those Wraith that had him surrounded and experimented on, though don't ask me what the point of the Wraith doing that would be.

Comment

The Wraith do something to him, maybe try to feed, but it backfires or something doe to some genetic oddity or something like that.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by True!Ancient
                      well we know the wraith are kind of pshycic so they might have tried to kill him that way but it messed with his genes
                      I really hope not, they've done the whole gene therapy thing enough. I realize it's integral to the story line, but know when to say when.
                      Maybe they try to use him as a stud, and he's forced to mount wraith chicks all day long. Hmm.
                      If we do actually find alien life, i volunteer to be the first human to try hetero relations with them.(I hope they look more like Tricia Helfer, than Nox women. Getting that patchouli stink out of dry clean only can be tough)
                      I wanna eat pie - Urgo
                      Who doesn't? - O'Neilll
                      Without the Queen, Canadians are just....Americans - Scott Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                        I'm figuring he's probably going to get taken up into one of their ships by those Wraith that had him surrounded and experimented on, though don't ask me what the point of the Wraith doing that would be.
                        Hmm, it could work. But the problem, as I see it, is this. Let's play out what we know about the Seige III. Daedulus appears early. Atlantis is nearly overrun. All the Wraith ships are destroyed (or else the claiming Atlantis was destroyed would be idiotic), and somehow the 50-100 Wraith already in Atlantis leave. Either:

1) Daedulus beams them into orbit or something.
                        2) They retreat into ships, which are then blown up.
                        3) We shoot them all in Atlantis, b/c Daedulus is packed with soldiers with lots of P-90s.

If it's 2, then your theory could work, in that Ford is beamed out of the Wraith ship by Daedulus. But I am not seeing where we get so rocking of sensors that we can find some one inside an enemy ship (this versus Prometheus's relatively crappy sensors).

Comment

Originally posted by RalCaladan
                          Hmm, it could work. But the problem, as I see it, is this. Let's play out what we know about the Seige III. Daedulus appears early. Atlantis is nearly overrun. All the Wraith ships are destroyed (or else the claiming Atlantis was destroyed would be idiotic), and somehow the 50-100 Wraith already in Atlantis leave. Either:

1) Daedulus beams them into orbit or something.
                          2) They retreat into ships, which are then blown up.
                          3) We shoot them all in Atlantis, b/c Daedulus is packed with soldiers with lots of P-90s.

If it's 2, then your theory could work, in that Ford is beamed out of the Wraith ship by Daedulus. But I am not seeing where we get so rocking of sensors that we can find some one inside an enemy ship (this versus Prometheus's relatively crappy sensors).
                          I remember reading somewhere(possibly here) that Ford is delibrately changed and that he needs a wraith enzyme to live. He is essentially a wraith predator as the wraith are human predators.
                          My theory. THe Hot Zone virus guys(and girls) take Ford and a couple of other red shirts(we all know that red shirts are there to die!!!) and experiment on them. Ford is the only one who survives and they set him loose(or he escapes) as a test, to see how effective his wraith killing is.
                          Whadda ya think??

Comment

If the Daedalus destroys 12 Wraith capital ships, 2 of which are gigantic carriers, I'm going to lose a lot of respect for Atlantis' thus far excellent writing team.

Seriously that would be WAY more "Go Urth, humans #1" wank than I could possibly swallow. Our one little tiny "first try" cruiser with some alien knock off tech and its handful of fighters defeating an enemy force that probably outmasses it hundreds if not thousands of times and was built by the race that defeated the ancients.

indeed

Comment

boy do you like to troll ouroboros, this thread isn't even about the daedulas

anyways I think that fords changed status will have to do with the fact when the wraith feed they release an enzyme, perhaps when that enzyme reacts with the ancient gene the person slowly becomes a wraith but when the ancient gene is artificially imposed the enzyme turns the person into a super ford.

Comment

Working...
                              X