This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best "Daniel the Hero" episode?

This poll will stay up for a week or so. Or until I get around to doing the next poll, whichever is later

When the heats are all done, the winners in each will get put into a final.
    There but for the Grace of God
    8.85%
    Serpent's Lair
    2.65%
    Enigma
    0.88%
    Scorched Earth
    4.42%
    Meridian
    29.20%
    Enemy Mine
    4.42%
    Icon
    1.77%
    Reckoning pt II
    34.51%
    Moebius pt II
    0.88%
    Endgame
    0.00%
    Last Stand
    0.88%
    Full Alert
    0.00%
    The Curse
    1.77%
    Full Circle
    6.19%
    Evolution pt II
    3.54%

Madeleine

but theres so many good danny eps too hard to pick just one
    sigpic

Comment

Even though I knew we were going to be doing this, and I've been thinking about it, it still was tough to choose. I ended up going with Reckoning Pt 2, though Full Circle came in a close second. I don't know, I think the Welcome to Danny's World quote did it for me.
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

It is so close between Reckong Part II and Meridian.
        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Captain-Peregrine
          It is so close between Reckong Part II and Meridian.
          Totally. I chose "Meridian" though. It's such a beautiful episode, makes me cry every time.
          Co-President of F.O.R.D. My SG-1 Slashfiction MyLiveJournal

Comment

Although I voted for Meridian, I have to say it's a tie with Reckoning, Pt.II. Loved them both and thought he did a fantastic job in both.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Although not necessarily his most heroic, I've always thought the Unas episodes are quintessential Daniel episodes. Yay for plots with linguistics and anthropology saving the day!
              Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Eee... A little hard to choose between Meridian and Reckoning Part II, but I finally chose Reckoning Part II.

He was awesome in that episode.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Um, can you change your vote? I missed the Hero part and just saw Best Daniel Episode. So, I picked Enemy Mine, because out of all of the ones here, I thought it captured the essential Daniel-ness of him. But, I'm not sure I'd pick it as a hero episode.

Oh, well, even if I can't change it, Enemy Mine isn't a bad episode to pick, and he did save the day.
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Hmmm...this is tough!

In Serpents Lair Daniel helps save the Earth. And, he dies.
                    In Meridian he saves a whole planet. And, he dies. (Well, to all intents and purposes.)
                    In Scorched Earth he saves a planet's population AND an entire alien civilization. (Doesn't die though.)
                    While in Reckoning Part 2 he helps save a whole GALAXY, AND dies.

I vote for Reckoning Part 2!

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                      Even though I knew we were going to be doing this, and I've been thinking about it, it still was tough to choose. I ended up going with Reckoning Pt 2, though Full Circle came in a close second. I don't know, I think the Welcome to Danny's World quote did it for me.
                      Took the words right out of my mouth. It was the Danny's World quote.
                      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                      Daniel: Oh! You see?
                      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I already voted, but I wasn't sure if I was suposed to go for the best episode in the bunch, or the episode that showed Daniel being a hero the best...
                        So I chose Meridian, because the first time I watched it I got all teary at the beginging when Daniel came around the cornor yelling "Don't touch me", because of the thought that he's gonna die, and he can't even touch anyone was real real real real real real real real real sad....

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat

In Serpents Lair Daniel helps save the Earth. And, he dies.
                          In Meridian he saves a whole planet. And, he dies. (Well, to all intents and purposes.)
                          In Scorched Earth he saves a planet's population AND an entire alien civilization. (Doesn't die though.)
                          While in Reckoning Part 2 he helps save a whole GALAXY, AND dies.
                          I like your reasoning Ses!

I voted Meridian, because he knew full well what he was about to do would cause him to die horribly. In the others Ses mentions, death was a distinct possibility (for Daniel, when is it not? ), and he's always been willing to work under the shadow of the Reaper. But in Meridian, he made a conscious choice to give his life so the rest may live. That makes Meridian my choice for Best Hero Daniel Episode.

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                            I like your reasoning Ses!

I voted Meridian, because he knew full well what he was about to do would cause him to die horribly. In the others Ses mentions, death was a distinct possibility (for Daniel, when is it not? ), and he's always been willing to work under the shadow of the Reaper. But in Meridian, he made a conscious choice to give his life so the rest may live. That makes Meridian my choice for Best Hero Daniel Episode.
                            See, this is why I was lobbying for a "Best Death" poll as well. I think that Meridian has the best, and saddest, death scene. Made me cry, too.

I believed that Daniel knew there could be no other outcome for himself but death by the end of Reckoning. Whereas he knew (and we knew) from the beginning of Meridian. That he was helping to save the entire galaxy was what tilted the scales to Reckoning for me. But like I said, it was a really tough choice. Lots of good reasons all over the place for most of the eps listed.

Can't wait to see how many times he'll die in Season 9! Maybe we should start a contest?

Comment

LOL! that's a great idea, number of times Daniel will die contest! perfect!

Comment

Working...
                              X