Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Glowie squids re-useable? TLC spoilers of course.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Glowie squids re-useable? TLC spoilers of course.

The ascended ancient sperm, O'Neill used to destroy Anubis, is it a re-usable thing? Did the sperm go back to the outpost or did they just de-nature? (Thats the technical term for the death of something that is not alive by the way.)
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Well, if the outpost is anything like testicles, it will produce some more orange super-sperm in a short time. So basically, yes...assuming it just needs another power source to be reusable.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I don't actually think they can be used again. As far as spoilers go anyway. It says that the System Lords arrive and with no Ancient defenses available they could face problems, then Earth find out they want an alliance
      __

__

Comment

It all depends on how the power crystal works.

Perhaps it uses some kind of unlimitted energy (No one said our laws of physics were correct, the Tollan certainly didn't.), and is theoretically inexhaustible, but the crystal itself just kind of breaks down after an extended period of full power (ie, the shield used to protect the base from the ice)

Plus, we don't know how to operate it anyway!
        sigpic

Comment

I know some spoilers said that Jack got saved from being frozen and with only Jack being able to work the defences there are problems
          __

__

Comment

It probably requires the 'ancient gene'....there are probably other people who CAN operate it. They just have no clue how to....it's like sitting a neaderthal down at a keyboard.....
            sigpic

Comment

Well, if they are nobody will remember how to use them. =) Protecting the world can't stay that easy or there would be no conflict for the continuing storyline.
              Fitness Buddies

Comment

I think it said that only one in 16,000 people can operate the device, but it's power source is depleted so they will probably have to find another if they want to use it again
                __

__

Comment

You think the ancients would have an unlimitted power source! Look at their DHDs.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know huh...
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

You're right. Their DHDs are unlimited. But I think those orange glowy things are a one use energy based weapon
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        You're right. Their DHDs are unlimited. But I think those orange glowy things are a one use energy based weapon
                        Uh the dhd's are limited as stated in Frozen when Carter was talking to the frozen chick.

Comment

Were they? I'll have to watch Frozen again later tonight on DVD after I've watched Tru Calling
                          __

__

Comment

Maybe they made it one-use so that if it was used for a bad purpose, it could only be used once, without the intervention of the ancients.
                            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

That is a really good thought. I think you may be on to something
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X