PDA

View Full Version : work for nothing?

fibes
June 5th, 2004, 11:30 AM
the last few seasons sg1 has been looking for the lost city of atlantis...
so now they found it they are just giving up and letting other people go?
so in season 8 what are they going to be searching for?
doesnt really make sense to me...

bcmilco
June 5th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Spoilers for Season 7, Season 8,
:)
:o
:p
;)
:rolleyes:
;)
;)

They've been looking for the Lost City since s6ep22. so they've been looking for it for a year give or take ;) They started looking for it because they could find weapons that they could use to defeat the Gou'ald, (which is what their standing orders are).

When they found the Lost City (or at least the Outpost on Antarctica) they basically fulfilled their orders. SG-1 would be given a new assignment, and the 'geeks' would be given the new technology to study so that they could do something with it.

Basically SG-1 will be working with their current allies in this gallaxy and the Atlantis team with go and start making new allies in the Pegasus Gallaxy. New TV Show new cast ;)

BTW this topic might be better in the s7 or s8 folder not sure which :)

fibes
June 5th, 2004, 12:53 PM
ah ok...im new to these forums ill make sure new threads are under right forums...so sg1 will be on atlantis for a bit thats good to know : )

Mr Prophet
June 5th, 2004, 01:06 PM

Love and laughter? A finer blend of coffee?
Cheap thrills?

bcmilco
June 5th, 2004, 01:50 PM
so sg1 will be on atlantis for a bit thats good to know : )

not quite...

Spoiler space SG:Atlantis S1 "Rising"

Acording to the reports Jack and Daniel will have guest spots on the first episode called "Rising" but other wise SG-1 will stay on Stargate SG-1 and the Atlantis team will stay on Stargate Atlantis.

That said I think after Atlantis gets going members of SG-1 may make guest spots from time to time.

Crazedwraith
June 5th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Proper Grammar, they'll search for it here. In futile.

Or they'll search for what they've always searched for: New tech and alies against the Goa'uld. Just becuase we have a small amount of ancient tech doesn't mean we should just stop.

Who knows? Maybe theres a bigger honking space gun through the next gate?

Bagpuss
June 5th, 2004, 02:07 PM
There are always new challenges,for SG-1! :)

petzke_42
June 5th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Proper Grammar, they'll search for it here. In futile.

Don't be a jackass, leave him/her alone.

petzke_42
June 5th, 2004, 11:14 PM

SPOIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Teal'c will be looking for a barber with the correct clearance.

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Leave Teal'c out of this! lol Although I do agree

Crazedwraith
June 6th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Don't be a jackass, leave him/her alone.
awwwww, but it's fun :p Oh OK but only 'cos you asked nicely.

fibes
June 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
You would make my English professor proud! Ill make sure to run spell check so not to offend you anymore lofl.

Bagpuss
June 6th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Cool it Guys. :)

There are strict Forum Rules about sniping at each other ,so let's see some actual debate!

As a fellow member,can we get back on topic,please? :)

Torley
June 6th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Yeha... I mean, it's nyce to spell real good but I'm pretty chill and relaxed about it. Keep the atmosphere friendly :D

To address the original question, I think these plots are all part of a bigger picture and the viewers have a history of being rewarded by the conclusion of SG-1 plot arcs, so I don't doubt they are going somewhere with this that will be explored in much greater depth on SG: Atlantis. There have been red herrings dropped along the way but the SG-1 team always seems to make new discoveries of one sort or another, intentional or not.

Bagpuss
June 6th, 2004, 12:47 PM
No problem,Torley! :D
Friendly exchange of opinions is good.No need to risk being "Modded"! :)

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
On topic: "Re:work for nothing?".

I love the adventure/discovery storylines best.IMO,there's loads of potential for a really good set of episodes of new people,planets,and "Tech" for SG-1 to come across in their travels,and we Fans to enjoy( or not ;) ) with them.

I don't think their past efforts have been in vain,nor do I,personally,feel they have no further purpose. :D

GuyFromOH
June 6th, 2004, 08:49 PM
The standing orders will probably remain, since we will soon be faced with an even greater enemy than the Goa'uld, the Wraith. There is so much technology out there, the SGC could send hundreds of teams out to explore and retrieve it and still keep busy. Also, keep in mind the minerals required to build X-303's and X-302's and X-WhateverComesNext are all based on other planets, so I'm sure they have plenty more mining expeditions, not to mention the Naqueda(sp?) and Naquadria that cannot be found on Earth that is necessary for power reactors, etc. Also, I'm sure Daniel will push for more anthroplogic studies, so we'll probably see a lot more archaeologists and anthropologists make their way through the gate as the threat of the Goa'uld subsides.

Albion
June 29th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Don't forget too that they can't use the weapon in Lost City again as Jack was the only person able to use it and he can hardly stick his head in the Asgard device every time an enemy comes knocking at the door. ;) So the minute they solve his little problem in New Order, the weapon becomes useless.

Which means, of course, that the hunt for something they can use to protect earth is still on.

Albion :)

Anubis
June 29th, 2004, 03:56 AM
True, but there may be a way with Shepperd

Mr Prophet
June 29th, 2004, 04:21 AM

Remember that SG-1 are an exploration and expeditionary unit, not a scientific study team. Eveyrthing they find is eventually studied by someone else; every artefact ends up at Area-51 and if Daniel or Jonas spent a long time on a dig they were seconded to a different team for the duration of the study.

Wrathox
June 29th, 2004, 04:48 AM
SG-1 is experienced with its allies and know who they are personally. If they were to leave and a new team picked up where SG-1 left off here, it wouldn't be the same when dealing with allies. It would take time to get to know each other. SG-1 has the experience with the Goa'uld and somewhat with the replicators.

If you think about it, keep the team (SG-1) that knows what they're doing here and put the new team in the unknown. The Atlantis team is not as experienced so let them go to the place with all the big tech...stuff....thingy to help them.