This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How advanced were the Ancients.

I was wondering how advanced the ancients were. They seemed to be far beyond then at least the asgard, since with there advancement they have made in the last 10,000 years just parallels the Ancients. If the Atlantians were at least 10,000 years ahead of the Asgard, what would they be like now, if they wouldn't have had the problems they had to deal with, which caused the stand still if there technology.

The Ancients are 50+ Million, so anything they throw up is gonna seem pathetic to other races technology. 50,000 years vs 50,000,000 Gee I guess we'll be able to come up with something stopping your millions of years old more advanced technology

Comment

I guess thats why there called the Ancients.....it would be interesting to see how long all the great races have been around, and if the Furlings or the Nox are older....

One a real scientific note. I just read last week that the early origins of homosapiens are alot older than we first thought. Homosapiens might have actually been around for a couple million years, not 10,000-15,000 years they first thought.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
        I guess thats why there called the Ancients.....it would be interesting to see how long all the great races have been around, and if the Furlings or the Nox are older....

One a real scientific note. I just read last week that the early origins of homosapiens are alot older than we first thought. Homosapiens might have actually been around for a couple million years, not 10,000-15,000 years they first thought.
        I absolutely believe that human civilization is far older than is generally accepted. There are underwater cities that have been found off the coast of India, Japan, Malta, and other places that haven't been above sea level for 10,000 years. These ancient cities are as advanced in construction as any city from 2,000-4,000 BC. Then there is Tiahuanaco in S. America... there are ancient carvings on the walls of animals that haven't existed since 10,000 years ago. There are elephants (which do not exist any longer in S.A.), and other prehistoric animals that no longer exist. Also, there are the carvings of bearded men (the natives don't have facial hair... it's genetic), and the carvings of african looking men. Supposedly there was no contact that long ago... so how?? Also, the ancient Egyptians used tobacco and cocaine in their mummification process... where did they get it?? Tobacco and cocaine are indigneous to the 'new world' (N. and S. America). Also, they would've needed a constant supply... suggesting a long trading history. Tiahuanaco is larger than ancient Rome, yet the land around the city is good for crops...so how did they support a city of such immensity? The people that built Tiahuanaco are the same people that built Machu Pichu. So... I don't think there is any question that human civilization extends much farther than most think.

... back to the Thread subject... The above statements are indeed correct... the Ancients had millions of years to advance, so there simply isn't anyone else that had comparable technology, even to date. It is possible, likely even that in some other galaxy very far away (probably very distant from our galactic cluster) that there would be some other race just as ancient, and just as advanced. Some have talked about the Asgard beaming tech as being more advanced than the Ancients similiar tech. I that is a premature judgement. It is quite possible that Atlantis, and even other Ancient ships had a comparable transporter system that is even better. Keep in mind, the Rings and 'closet' transports were designed to take you to predesignated spots, as opposed to a random location. They would likely use that more often for internal city transport. However, it could be that an 'Asgard' style transporter is simply a 'subsystem' they haven't uncovered yet. I would venture that Atlantis has all the answers that the Expedition needs, they just need time to find it.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

But they weren't able to stop the wraith, and they accidentally created the wraith, that is was learned in the episode where they probe tyela's mind because she is part wraith. So they make really dumb mistakes. They aren't as perfect as we think, there is something missing, they were really smart at times, and really dumb at others, I guess that is a side effect of being advanced. We know the azgard do it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferyb
            But they weren't able to stop the wraith, and they accidentally created the wraith, that is was learned in the episode where they probe tyela's mind because she is part wraith. So they make really dumb mistakes. They aren't as perfect as we think, there is something missing, they were really smart at times, and really dumb at others, I guess that is a side effect of being advanced. We know the azgard do it all the time.
            Someone (I don't know who) mentioned a very reasonable explanation about how the Wraith advanced (technologically speaking) so fast... That when they feed they can 'scrape' some knowledge psychically from their victims. The idea was that they 'ate' enough Ancients (not regular humans) to quickly learn new tech advances. Of course the Wraith share a 'hive-mind' so immediately, whatever one Wraith learns, the others soon learn it too. That is likely how they originally learned their language (a deriviative of Ancient). I think it is the best explanation I've heard so far about that... (better than mine... I was under the impression that some 'hidden' enemy prematurely advanced them; which is still a posibility...) Anyways... the Ancients didn't get defeated because of inferior tech... they got beat because it was like trying to swim against a flood torrent... (near impossible) They were severely outnumbered... (I'm still thinking some sort of treachery was involved... because the Ancients had tried to have diplomatic relations with them...which would seem to indicate that they talked to each other, at least some.)

Truthfully... I really do think they (the Wraith) had some help. We know for a fact that there was some race that made that synthetic-plague, that obviously didn't like the Ancients. So maybe the Ancients were outnumbered... but not just by the Wraith. Hmmm... I may have stumbled onto something here...!

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

The Wraith could very well be a species, like the Goa'uld, that steal technology from advanced races to claim and improve upon as there own. And they become so mnumerous and advanced that tyhey started taking over planet's, solar systems, galaxies?.....I would love to see how the Borg and the Wraith would react and do if the happen to run into each others path!.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

It is very possible that the Wriath have stollen all of thier technology from other, more advanced, races. However, unlike the Goa'uld, that is not thier main objective, all they want to do is "eat."

Owen Macri

Comment

By Advanced, do you mean:
                  • Peaceful
                  • Pacifist
                  • Passive
                  • Weak

Or, do you mean:
                  • Feared
                  • Aggressive
                  • Active
                  • Strong
                  Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Everyone will have a diffrent definition of strong and weak, you can be technologically advanced and either one of those two choices.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                      By Advanced, do you mean:
                      • Peaceful
                      • Pacifist
                      • Passive
                      • Weak

Or, do you mean:
                      • Feared
                      • Aggressive
                      • Active
                      • Strong
                      Sorry...It's a bad Tollan/Nox/Chaya joke.....They think that we're primitive because we have wars on our world....

I meant, in addition to technological advancement....how to they act...

I was very tired that night.....
                      Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

the thing is that humans are supposed to be able to rival the wraith, daedalus defeats the battlegroup (less one hive ship destroyed in siege 1). Yet the wraith defeated the ancients even if they had better numbers, the ancients should have been so much more advanced than they were and could afford to be arrogant. So either they should have beat the wraith or the wraith caught up with them technologically in which case we should NOT be able to beat them major pot problem in my eyes. ALso they didn't necessarily advance for the whole time, they would probably have ascended by now otherwise. They didn't originally come from our galaxy so they may only have advanced once in our galaxy, but this does pose the question of why did teh ancients return to our galaxy from pegasus instead of their own and why did they use the weapon at dakara in our galaxy and not make it in their own. many questions which i feel need answering.

Comment

you can't judge how advanced a race is solely by its technology. technology originates from necessity or desire. the asgard transporter technology may or may not be superior to that of the ancients but you have to remember the ancients posessed such great knowledge and understanding that even the asgard that have been studying it for millenias only managed to scratch the surface of it. thor said one cannot even begin to comprehend the extent of their knowledge. even the replicators with all their advanced tech were unable with all their capacity combined to grasp the knowledge of the ancients. Daniel claimed that "like the universe it is infinite" not just knowledge and information but understanding at a level the replicators could never reach.
                          don't know about u but that seems pretty advanced to me

Comment

I believe that the Ancients were the first race in our part of the galaxy. I feel sorry for them, this is why.

It seems like the Ancients were the first race, they had to build all of thier technology, and gian all of thier knowledge by themself without help from outsiders.

Then they mastered space travel, maybe they checked out thier moon(s), thier technology grew, they went to other planets in thier solar system, all they came back with was rocks. Then they mastered interstellar travel and explored the galaxy, hoping, hoping, that they would find someone else, anyone, else, they didn't. They kept exploring for hundreds if not thousands of years, not finding anyone.

At some point they decided to start teraforming planets, seeing as none of the ones they had come across supported life, they might as well try living other places, but as good and as fast as thier ships were, they needed a more effiecent way to get to these planets, Stargates.

One of the Ancients came up with an idea for Stargates. They built them, put them on only a handful of planets that they had teraformed, eventually they spread out to more planets, thier gate network got more advanced, they replaced old prototype gates with a new model that was far more advanced. Then when exploring an unexplored sector of the galaxy for planets suitable for teraformation, they came across, the Nox, an incredibly primitve society, after much consideration, they decided to put a gate thier, they would go to try to teach them, they were the first people that they had ever come across, this was a major event.

Then years later, came intergalactic travel, they searched galaxies not finding anyone, then the Asgard. By this time the Nox were considerably more advanced than they were when the ancients met them, and they were allies with the ancients. They met the Asgard, became friends with them, they were a bit farther along than the Nox.

The Ancients suggested putting gates in the Ida galaxy, so that they could travel freely among asgard planets, as well as the asgard having more access to thier worlds.

Somewhere in their the ancients met the Furlings as well, they also came across a primordial world, which we now know as the Goa'uld homeworld.

Can you now see why I feel sorry for the Ancients?

They set out from thier homeworld with big smiles on thier faces, in search of "new life and new civilizations""to go where no ancient has gone before"(sorry, I had to say that), but they didn't find anyone, they searched for hundreds, if not thousands of years, then they realised, they were alone. We already had the gate network and technology and other races, the ancients didn't, they missed out on the thrill of exploring new cultres, and exploring new technology from other worlds, they were alone, all alone...

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                              They set out from thier homeworld with big smiles on thier faces, in search of "new life and new civilizations""to go where no ancient has gone before"(sorry, I had to say that), but they didn't find anyone, they searched for hundreds, if not thousands of years, then they realised, they were alone. We already had the gate network and technology and other races, the ancients didn't, they missed out on the thrill of exploring new cultres, and exploring new technology from other worlds, they were alone, all alone...

Owen Macri
                              Kinda like TNG.
                              http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ail/68598.html

The 'ancient aliens' seeded huminoid life, strangely just like the ancints. Sadly, no stargates.
                              JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                              VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                              MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                              LANDRY
                              : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                              Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                              Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Working...
                              X