This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancents and their Ships

Although the Ancents built amazing devices I dont think that they were so creative with names. So I think that if they find some Ancents that it will turn out that the Puddle Jumpers were actualy called Gateships

What you guys think?
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

I actually like the idea, I was with Mckay and Ford on that one, I liked "Gateship One" better than "Puddle Jumper"(says with disgust).

However seriously, whatever name that the ancients picked for the puddle jumpers would probably be in ancient, but it seems likely that it could be gateship, we may never know.

Owen Macri

Comment

It seems to me that the Ancients said things how they were, They would probably call them "Ships that can go through the Stargate"

Comment

No, that is crazy, they wouldn't call them "ships that can go through the stargate," they didn't call Atlantis,

"Really advanced city that is capable of intergalactic travel in extremly short periods of time, that is currently stationed in the pegasus galaxy conducting experiments on evolution and god only knows what else, not to mention that it is carying some of the most advanced technology that humans have seen to date, and will also be crucial part in the fight against the wraith, a hive based alien race, that sucks the life out of you with thier hands. Also carries several "ships that can go through stargates" and was probably the origin of the second generation gates that are seen throughout the pegasus galaxy."

Now did they.

For the Ancient to call puddle jumpers, "ships that go through stargates" is an insane idea, it sounds like something an extremly primitve race, that still lived in caves would call them,

"Hey John, what did you do yesterday?"

"I prepped "Ship that goes through Stargate 1" and then prepped "ship that goes through Stagate 2."

It just doesn't sound right, and it makes the ancients seem stupid.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
        X