Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Earth control the Stargate network with Avenger 3.0 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Earth control the Stargate network with Avenger 3.0 ?

Felger created the Avenger virus to disable one Stargate , the virus mess up the DHD 's keyboard or something like that.
    Baal modify the virus to Avenge 2.0 ,and affecting all the Stargate network.Earth's stargate still work because SGC doesn't use DHD, the dialing computer system was built by 3 supercomputer and 15 yr of work.(that 's what Sam said in "children of God")

Earth has a Timeship(Puddle jumber) now, and mini DHD is inside the Puddle Jumber .It is connect with the nearest stargate by remote signal,even if the nearest gate is half the world away (moebius Pt 1)

What if Earth built a few of those mini DHD or took the other jumber back from Pegasus.The Goa'uld empire is nearly over, the Jaffa controls the motherships, if Earth infect the gate system with Avenger 3.0 , using the mini DHD and SGC's dialing system , Earth will be the only one able to use the stargate,

In Cassie's future(1969), we saw the older Cassie using a DHD the size of a watch.It could work ,

no because how would we dial back! i think we will, eventually, master gate technology in all forms, nox like dialing/ cassie watch. but this is something avenger couldnt do, disabling stratengic gate addresses, that more effective
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

i think that would cause more complications than it would solve and we wouldn't be the most popular people around. Why would we want to do this? Also avenger was quite a crude virus. Until the Ori show up we have no real enemies and as we have seen from an episode spoiler, the gate network is not too important to us now, we care more about ships. We have our iris so we don't need other defence. Other races more advanced htan us would overcome it, e.g. nox, space race dudes potentially, tollans, asgard would want to let their portected planets' peoples travel freely. Also the timeship jumper was destroyed in Mobius 2 so the only puddle jumpers we have now are in atlantis where they are needed more than here. But portable DHDs would be useful (info on how could be sent from atlantis), how many times has SG1 had to dial under fire or a dhd is broken etc. This would solve a lot of porblems.

Comment

also the avenger virus only scrambled DHD's, you would just manual dial.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

yes that is true in MW with our old style gates they can be manually rotated to dial. I'm not sure if that can happen in pegasus though. MW gates rotate then the chevron locks for each symbol (quite a slow process), in pegasus don't the symbols just light up? If so it could be a disadvantage to say the genii. Thw raith likely have remote DHDs in their darts like we do in our jumpers so wouldn't affect them but could limit genii without having to remove their gate, we culd come and go as we pleased but others could not.

Comment

We have a timeship, the "new timeline", at the tail end of Moebius II never travelled through time, yet was going to (or at least their reactions implied that they could have, and might have). Therefore, they have a TimeJumper, and they never said they destroyed it. The destroyed ones were the 1 or 2 that actually travelled back in time from the two earlier timelines. Read more discussion of Moebius to get the full description, but suffice it to say that there were 3 (depending on how you look at it) timelines, and the most recent one is the one we're in, which is exactly as if Moebius had never happened, except for
            Spoiler:
            the ZPM and the fish

Comment

hmm, I think it depends on how you view time. Either the ship was never taken or it was taken. Because the thing is if the ship is never taken then it can't happen in the first place. I think in SGverse there isn't another PJ on the It's good to be king planet. Look at Atlantis too, the PJ taken back by Weir in Before I Sleep isn't now in Atlantis but she did change the universe and not change it back. I think TimeshipPuddleJumpers or TsPJs are independent of the timeline and if you take one back, its gone. Also Carter says they have to destroy it so it is not used again implying there isn't another one.

But temporal mechanics is kinda confusing.

Comment

I think it only has to do with how you view story writing: that would make for a terribly short and uninteresting story. Therefore, you'll never see it.

Comment

Working...
                X